Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear for Sale
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography > Deals & Classifieds
mackey
The winter season has officially arrived and the chances of me needing my camera over the next few months will be slim, and when in doubt, I can probably borrow some friends gear.

Selling off all my gear:

Nikon D200 Body with Vertical Grip, Batteries, Charger etc $900.00

Nikkor 70-200 VR AF-S F/2.8 Telephoto Lens: $1600.00

Tokina 12-24mm Super Wide F/4: $350 (has damage on the outside, small chip from a woman driver (red tC) operates fine )

Nikkor 18-34mm F/ 3.5 5.6 ED: $400

Sigma 50mm EX DG F/ 2.8 Macro: $275.00

Everything comes with it's original box and papers (the VR box has eluded me, I'm still searching for it, but will find it!)

PM me if interested in these lenses, I have a few people interested already, so if you want anything of these, hit me up asap.

Thanks
Aircooled
You sell all of your equipment come winter and stock up again for summer?
mackey
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Oct 13 2009, 08:42 PM) *
You sell all of your equipment come winter and stock up again for summer?

for this winter, yes. However, when i sell all my gear, I'll be getting new gear.

So it works out.
`nT
D3s FTW!
Mike Boldt
QUOTE(`nT @ Oct 14 2009, 12:39 AM) *
D3s FTW!

Agreed.

I am debating selling out all my nikkor gear too..

We should have a stickied FS thread in the forum I think
mackey
D3s is a box full of fail to me. I'm so disappointed in Nikon lately it saddens me.
Mike Boldt
QUOTE(mackey @ Oct 14 2009, 10:39 AM) *
D3s is a box full of fail to me. I'm so disappointed in Nikon lately it saddens me.

Really? How so?

I guess if you want video and megapixels it isn't really the best... but huge image buffer, insane ISO performance, fast speeds, better AF/metering over Canon... There isn't anything else on the market that I'd want over it lol
Timr
QUOTE(mackey @ Oct 14 2009, 12:39 PM) *

I also agree I personally think that theyre investing all their money in the wrong place... Plus theyre customer service is terrible sent the d90 back they said it would be about three weeks and it was covered under warranty. Three weeks later I receive a second invoice saying its going to be $270 and it will be another three weeks. WTF. I'm really considering canon...
Mike Boldt
QUOTE(Timr @ Oct 14 2009, 11:40 AM) *
I also agree I personally think that theyre investing all their money in the wrong place... Plus theyre customer service is terrible sent the d90 back they said it would be about three weeks and it was covered under warranty. Three weeks later I receive a second invoice saying its going to be $270 and it will be another three weeks. WTF. I'm really considering canon...

Where do you think they are investing their money? and where is Canon's money going?

What was wrong with the D90 that you sent for repair?

I have a friend who sent his 1Ds Mark III in 3 times for repair and they refused to give him warranty even though it was within the 1 year period, until he kept getting higher and higher in the ranks complaining and then it was covered. Canon's repair dept. also told him that his 580EX II's might not continue to melt if he drilled holes in them for better ventilation, when they're supposed to have built in heat detection. He recently switched to Nikon spending $17,000 and has never been happier. I'll find the link to his full blown review/comparison system vs system.

Not trying to be defensive/hostile, just curious to see what other people's outlook is on these cameras/companies. Working in a camera store 3 days a week I hear a lot of different opinions but never anything solid against Nikon lol
mackey
QUOTE(Mike Boldt @ Oct 14 2009, 10:27 AM) *
Really? How so?

I guess if you want video and megapixels it isn't really the best... but huge image buffer, insane ISO performance, fast speeds, better AF/metering over Canon... There isn't anything else on the market that I'd want over it lol

I'm not about to get into a pissing match over Nikon vs Canon, because well, it would never end, I've been a loyal Nikon customer and fan for years, however, with how fast my work is progressing, and the features I soon require, Nikon doesn't offer something, 1) I can afford and 2) what I need.

Nikon's answer to Canon 5D is the D3s? A 5k camera that still only does 12 megapixel and 720 video and is TWICE the price of the 5D? Who's the sucker on that deal?

You make valid points about AF, buffers, etc. But it doesn't justify Nikon's price differences over Canon.

For what I need, which is in the 5D, Nikon doesn't offer that fits my budget. I could get a full arsenal of gear from Canon for the price of a single body from Nikon.

Maybe the day when Nikon actually decides to offer up a body thats medium price range (2-3k) full frame, and 20 MP, I'll think about it.
Mike Boldt
QUOTE(mackey @ Oct 14 2009, 12:25 PM) *
I'm not about to get into a pissing match over Nikon vs Canon, because well, it would never end, I've been a loyal Nikon customer and fan for years, however, with how fast my work is progressing, and the features I soon require, Nikon doesn't offer something, 1) I can afford and 2) what I need.

Nikon's answer to Canon 5D is the D3s? A 5k camera that still only does 12 megapixel and 720 video and is TWICE the price of the 5D? Who's the sucker on that deal?

You make valid points about AF, buffers, etc. But it doesn't justify Nikon's price differences over Canon.

For what I need, which is in the 5D, Nikon doesn't offer that fits my budget. I could get a full arsenal of gear from Canon for the price of a single body from Nikon.

Maybe the day when Nikon actually decides to offer up a body thats medium price range (2-3k) full frame, and 20 MP, I'll think about it.

Wait for the new year and the D4 and D700 replacement =)

Nikon is keeping 12mp for a reason, larger pixels = better ISO performance, also the density of pixels on the 5D can be a weekness... We did a comparison with D3X vs D2X for printing and we were able to get very very similar looking stuff when printing big crops.
mackey
QUOTE(Mike Boldt @ Oct 14 2009, 12:45 PM) *
Wait for the new year and the D4 and D700 replacement =)

Nikon is keeping 12mp for a reason, larger pixels = better ISO performance, also the density of pixels on the 5D can be a weekness... We did a comparison with D3X vs D2X for printing and we were able to get very very similar looking stuff when printing big crops.

Wait for another 5-8k camera? no thanks. I know Nikon won't lower prices anytime soon, they can't afford it.

I've seen plenty of samples from the 5D with regards to ISO and Megapixels, looks fine to me compared to Nikon's line.

There is no debate here, I'm selling my gear to move on and up, I'm not going to take worse shots with a better camera.
mopho
QUOTE(Timr @ Oct 14 2009, 10:40 AM) *

To counter your story, I've had several repairs over the years and have had nothing but great service with Nikon. Recently had a camera repaired and they found much more wrong with it than they had originally estimated, yet they honored the quote despite the fact that they inform you that the repair cost can be more if the damage is more than estimated. It also took only 4 days for the repair.

QUOTE(mackey @ Oct 14 2009, 12:51 PM) *
Wait for another 5-8k camera? no thanks. I know Nikon won't lower prices anytime soon, they can't afford it.

I've seen plenty of samples from the 5D with regards to ISO and Megapixels, looks fine to me compared to Nikon's line.

There is no debate here, I'm selling my gear to move on and up, I'm not going to take worse shots with a better camera.

I too was hoping for a 18-20mp camera, but knew it was not coming for a little while longer, so the D3s was no surprise nor a disappointment. The reality is that one doesn't really need 20mp and by the tests I've seen the D3/D700 IQ compares favorably to the Canon 5dII. I've seen brochures printed from 12mp cameras and you probably couldn't tell the difference between 12mp and 20mp. Perhaps an argument can be made for needing big mp if you are cropping a lot ( IMO you should be composing the picture correctly in camera), or doing large gallery prints of landscapes where you need detail in all the little leaves on the trees.
Personally, I could not shoot with the Canons as I really don't like the ergonomics of their cameras and to me that is nearly as important as IQ, if one can't get comfortable with a tool, your not going to get the most out of it. Now obviously plenty of people are comfortable with Canons and I am not trying to get you to change your mind, but to say that the camera is "better" is arguable.
And if you are really trying to impress advertising clients with your megapixels, you should be shooting medium format wink.gif

Good luck with your sale
Matt_L
But you can go to ISO 102 400!!! whistle.gif

I am too disapointed by Nikon. The new realease should have been a 20MP+(from the D3x) D700 with 1080p video...

Oh and GL with your sale, I'll pass the word around here.
Timr
QUOTE(Mike Boldt @ Oct 14 2009, 01:52 PM) *
Where do you think they are investing their money? and where is Canon's money going?

What was wrong with the D90 that you sent for repair?

I have a friend who sent his 1Ds Mark III in 3 times for repair and they refused to give him warranty even though it was within the 1 year period, until he kept getting higher and higher in the ranks complaining and then it was covered. Canon's repair dept. also told him that his 580EX II's might not continue to melt if he drilled holes in them for better ventilation, when they're supposed to have built in heat detection. He recently switched to Nikon spending $17,000 and has never been happier. I'll find the link to his full blown review/comparison system vs system.

Not trying to be defensive/hostile, just curious to see what other people's outlook is on these cameras/companies. Working in a camera store 3 days a week I hear a lot of different opinions but never anything solid against Nikon lol

They said it was Impact damage how ever the camera was not dropped when it started to begin... It was dropped about a year ago I then had the lense repaired. The body gave me no problem till now. I honestly think it was a factory defect but the body showed impact damage so they used it to theyre advantage. I believe that both the d3000 and d5000 are a waste of effort money and that nikon should have put their money into final tweaks that hd video could use.. LOL at telling someone to drill holes in their speed light all and all I guess they both have there ups and downs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.