Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Ford Fiesta ST150
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > User's Rides
Torm
I thought it's about time (after crawling around the place for such a long time) to introduce myself and my car.

I'm Dimitris, I'm 26 now and I live in Northern Greece. My ride's a 2008 Ford Fiesta ST.

2.0 litre and 150bhp naturally aspirated engine, FWD and... SHINY white color with blue stripes Raspberry.gif .
One of the -if not THE- most fun to drive FWD supermini(s) on this price range.
I use it as an every day car and I join in on the occasional trackday over here a couple of times a year.

not many tunes on it yet.
-Air induction kit (K&N 57i).
-Wider (55mm wide) flexi-pipe (Piper)
-Front wheel strut bracer.
-AngelEyes (Sonar) headlights (cause I hated the annoying bump on the factory ones)

Waiting for my new brake kit atm (grooved disks, yellowstuff breakpads and a goodridge hose-kit) and installing my coilovers this winter. So, many updates to post soon.
Phix
Hell yeah, love that class of car. Your Ford looks great.

What's a good recipe for tzatziki sauce?
Torm
Hehe. Thank you.

Now, as far as that Tzatziki recipe is concerned...
Go find some "Greek style yoghurt", if you ask for it like that, someone will know. It's thicker and not as watery as the normal yoghurt you can get. I have no idea which brands you can find in Canada.
Grind or really thin slice a cucumber (or two, depending on how much yohgurt you have), and dry as much of the water off them as you can by sqeezing the stuff after you've chopped/grinded them.
Chop some garlic, very thinly (as much as you can handle. Garlic-less for the weak).
Mix the yohgurt with the garlic and cucumber, some salt, and some olive oil... and there you go.
SwissWhiskey
Nice ride! And congrats on having the balls to buy a white car with stripes, looks good. Most people just buy it black.
Altostratus
QUOTE(Torm @ Oct 5 2009, 06:03 AM) *
Go find some "Greek style yoghurt", if you ask for it like that, someone will know. It's thicker and not as watery as the normal yoghurt you can get. I have no idea which brands you can find in Canada.
Grind or really thin slice a cucumber (or two, depending on how much yohgurt you have), and dry as much of the water off them as you can by sqeezing the stuff after you've chopped/grinded them.
Chop some garlic, very thinly (as much as you can handle. Garlic-less for the weak).
Mix the yohgurt with the garlic and cucumber, some salt, and some olive oil... and there you go.

Pure Win. i just made this.

welcome to the forum, bring more awesome Greek recipes!

nice ford too!
Phix
QUOTE(Torm @ Oct 5 2009, 09:03 AM) *
Hehe. Thank you.

Greekness confirmed.
OHirtenfelder
Whatsup and welcome. And yeah, I can't agree with you more about that ST being pretty much the coolest supermini in its class.
moe
Nice car. I love supermini hot hatches.
Synesthesia
Looks great and I'll have to try that recipe. smile.gif
Torm
Thanks guys! (about time I said that... but I was waiting for an update too)

So... slight update for the Fez.

Got these

EBC grooved disc breaks, EBC Yellowstuff pads and Goodridge hose kit.

so, I washed it... by what appears to be two midgets on cocaine.
http://vimeo.com/8345470
(and then it rained of course)

...and installed them, along with a set of new Nankang NS2 tyres. Dirt cheap, but not too bad, so I decided they're too cheap for me not to try em out and find out myself.

Next up: KW Coilovers smile.gif
moe
Nankangs are by far the worst tire I've ever used.
redls1bird
Bad tire, good chinese buffet....
Altostratus
those disc's look like ultra overkill, but i shouldn't talk, i have ricey-er ones.
Torm
Slight update for the Fez.

Nankangs Suck. But were nice to play around with, without giving a damn. They aren't half bad when warmed up in a "curvy" route, but they scream like my mother in law when they're pushed to the limit. And they don't wear out. 10.000km on them now and they still look like they're brand new. I'll "destroy" them in a track day soon and replace them with something decent.

Apart from the, yeah, I admit it, ricey disks, the braking has improved a lot. the EBC Yellow Styff pads and the Goodrige hoses did live up to their expectations.

But anyway. I... did replace my rims. The stock ones were getting a bit scratched up and their terrible offset (52) made me part with them. I was going for the Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2, but lack of stock made me go for the next best (look-wise) thing, the Kei Racing Force 10. 17inch, n7, 42 offset. I also got the Weitec Hicon GT coilovers (pretty much KW Variant 1s, but galvanized instead of stainless steel).

pixaz:

Dr. Strangelove
What a cool little car!
Synesthesia
Wheels look nice!
Diesel
wheels definitely set it off!!
RallyCat909
Blue rally mudflaps would look so cool on that little car. Very nice. Jealous.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.