Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forza Motorsport 3
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Phix
The demo is out on Xbox Live.

Discuss.
Phix
Ok, just played a few races with the demo.

It's very good. Well, it's Forza. If you've played Forza then you know what to expect. The tire simulation once again is on the extra grippy side of things for the cars compared to other sims but its been that way since the first Forza. Besides that it's fun. Same ol' Forza only in a really slick (if not slightly sterile) menu and uprated graphics with 3D interiors.
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 27 2009, 02:01 AM) *
Ok, just played a few races with the demo.

It's very good. Well, it's Forza. If you've played Forza then you know what to expect. The tire simulation once again is on the extra grippy side of things for the cars compared to other sims but its been that way since the first Forza. Besides that it's fun. Same ol' Forza only in a really slick (if not slightly sterile) menu and uprated graphics with 3D interiors.

I don't have my 360 here. sad.gif I did preorder the Collector's Edition, so I'll pick that up when I go home for Thanksgiving break.
Vadvagool
I have a 360 and XBL. I do not have a controller or TV to play said 360 on. sad.gif
Phix
oh my god the interiors are fucking terrible. I'm not even joking. NFS: SHIFT may just be the best interiors released so far. Seriously, the interiors are pretty much the same as Project Gotham Racing.... 3. Yes, a first generation 360. Extremely blurry textures. I'm gonna assume it's going to be hit and miss to a great extent considering there's over 400 cars in the game but that's about the biggest let down.

EDIT: Judging by GT5: Prologue, I think we can all understand why the fucking game is taking so long to come out... looks like they're going the ultra detailed route for the interiors instead of Forza's hackjob.
Phix
Oh, and to add one more thing: Some of the exterior models looked really shoddy. Almost like they went a step down from Forza 2 back to Forza 1 awkwardness.
Razor
Which cars are in the demo?
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Razor @ Sep 27 2009, 06:59 AM) *
Which cars are in the demo?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=forza+3+demo+cars
Razor
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 27 2009, 03:02 PM) *

Consider myself owned.

EDIT: The Evo? GOD DAMN... want to have my XBOX here sad.gif
Halflifehavock13
I'm going to go ahead and agree with phix on the interiors. The textures for the tachometers make it seem like it came from porsche unleashed. And its also a little disappointing that you dont see the hands move when you shift gears. After a while, I probably won't notice it, but it still seems a little akward now that every car game with interiors shows your hands moving to shift gears. The fictional track that came with the demo is entertaining, but I feel like there's hardly any room for passing.

Of course its only a demo, so there is room for change between now and the actual release. However, two things have set me off a little bit...

Firstly, the GT-R will NOT be included in the initial release of FM3. The game car is confirmed to be in game, but it will be released as part of a DLC pack. Second, buying the collectors edition will give you 'vip auction access' which gives you exclusive access to the DBS, the ZR1, F430 Scuderia, the Gallardo Superleggera, and the 997 GT3 RS. Gamescoreblog.

What the fuck.

They did say that you will be able to buy the vip access at a later date without having to buy the collector's edition.

Would you like a cup of rage with your copy of Forza Motorsport 3?
MustangAficionado
Oh, you wanted FOUR wheels on your mazda miata starting car? That comes with the nuts and bolts DLC - you "gotta have it all" gamer you.
Razor
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 27 2009, 03:38 PM) *
Oh, you wanted FOUR wheels on your mazda miata starting car? That comes with the nuts and bolts DLC - you "gotta have it all" gamer you.

That is the epitome of EA Games.
Altostratus
EA game is the best.

want a higher difficulty? $5.99
Razor
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Sep 27 2009, 03:47 PM) *
EA game is the best.

want a higher difficulty? $5.99

Want this, this or this Achievement? Yeah, you need to download this from our sponsors, then buy this DLC from us.
porsche944
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Sep 27 2009, 03:15 PM) *
The game is confirmed to be in game, but it will be released as part of a DLC pack.

What the fuck.

my thoughts exactly
Phix
You guys better get used to it cause DLC is the way of the future. No, it's not good at all. But, frankly, there are enough retards out there who will gladly dish out that amount of money for miniscule things which in the past would have been 100% free then they have the retardedness to bitch at you for bitching about DLC saying how "Well, it's not like you have to PAY for it to play so stfu. no one is forcing you to buy it." No, you fucking retard who probably thinks gaming was /invented/ by the Xbox 360 and that the original Xbox is "ancient, like egypt" this shit used to be /free/ you're just fucking clueless and think this is the norm.
porsche944

I was just laughing at his "game is confirmed to be in game" typo

DLC often is awesome, GT4 mission packs, FPS map updates ect
Phix
Of course its only a demo, so there is room for change between now and the actual release. However, two things have set me off a little bit...

Oh, news flash: This game has already gone gold like 2 weeks ago. This is final code you're playing.

Gone Gold = end of game development and master disc created (which used to be or still is gold) and sent out for duplication and packaging.
porsche944
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 27 2009, 04:33 PM) *

This game has already gone gold like 2 weeks ago. This is final code you're playing.

Gone Gold = end of game development and master disc created (which used to be or still is gold) and sent out for duplication and packaging.

fixed
Phix
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Sep 27 2009, 04:30 PM) *

I was just laughing at his "game is confirmed to be in game" typo

DLC often is awesome, GT4 mission packs, FPS map updates ect

FPS map updates?

If you play Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead on the 360 how would you enjoy having to pay for your new maps which on the PC are 100% free updates? Valve doesn't want to charge people but Microsoft demands that any DLC of that nature released has to carry a pricetag. Same with Mass Effect; the two DLC packs released are free on the PC but you have to pay for them on the 360. That's just bullshit.

DLC can be good, yeah. When they act like expansion packs of the past. Stuff like the GTA IV packs and Fallout 3 stuff (although that's a lot of hit and miss there) can be considered worth the price.

I remember there was (and probably still is) a big shitfest caused when some games actually had the content on the disc and all you were paying for was a unlock code for data that was physically on the disc which you just paid $60 freaking dollars for (or $70 CAD) and now you have to pay extra for content that's there? That's just greed.

EDIT: ^most redundant sentence ever
porsche944
^^All im saying is i'll pay 600 MSpoints for 3 new halo or call of duty maps any day of the week. Content ready at game release that needs xtra dough to unlock is obviously bullshit.

DLC done right is awesome, using DLC to take advantage of the consumer is effed up
Halflifehavock13
Does anyone remember when polyphony originally wanted to release a few dozen cars with the game originally and charge something like 5 cents to 1.50 per car? And if one were to buy all of them, it would end up costing upwards of a grand?
porsche944
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Sep 27 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Does anyone remember when polyphony originally wanted to release a few dozen cars with the game originally and charge something like 5 cents to 1.50 per car? And if one were to buy all of them, it would end up costing upwards of a grand?

not to mention, you can buy all cars in NFS:Shift with microsoft points
Phix
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Sep 27 2009, 04:44 PM) *
^^All im saying is i'll pay 600 MSpoints for 3 new halo or call of duty maps any day of the week. Content ready at game release that needs xtra dough to unlock is obviously bullshit.

DLC done right is awesome, using DLC to take advantage of the consumer is effed up

Heh, and I'll just download this free patch on PC for WaW and play them for free especially after I just spent $10 less on buying the game for PC.
Phix
I'm not trying to be a PC snob or rub this shit in your face. I'm just saying that there's such a huuuuuuuge slant towards ripping off console owners in the industry and a lot of it is on Microsoft's shitty policies for the 360.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 27 2009, 04:55 PM) *
I'm not trying to be a PC snob or rub this shit in your face. I'm just saying that there's such a huuuuuuuge slant towards ripping off console owners in the industry and a lot of it is on Microsoft's shitty policies for the 360.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Although I will say that I can see car packs on DLC a good thing if its cars that were never originally designed to be in the game, whether they came out after or it was suggested by fans.
Phix
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Sep 27 2009, 04:57 PM) *
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Although I will say that I can see car packs on DLC a good thing if its cars that were never originally designed to be in the game, whether they came out after or it was suggested by fans.

Yeah, I have no problem with that. That's how it was with Forza 2. But, here we are with cars all done and modeled and probably most likely already on the disc (for some of them) and having to pay to unlock them? Why? It sounds to me like you fuckers designed, modeled, and implemented the cars with the original development budget. It's not like you're doing this shit post-master disc and charging DLC to recoup on additional development fees.

Fucking greedy assholes.
porsche944
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 27 2009, 04:53 PM) *
Heh, and I'll just download this free patch on PC for WaW and play them for free especially after I just spent $10 less on buying the game for PC.

...sure, but i feel like you are missing my point, >$10 to expand a game you love and play regularly isn't breaking anyones hearts or banks. Post release development needs to be funded too. However, it seems Forza might fall into the dark area of "5 dlc releases at once, each with 5 new cars" which is clearly a move to dick over the consumer. Alternatives prove nothing, especially console vs PC. PC FPS just isnt my thing.

I feel like I'm saying the same thing over and over so Ill just leave it at: I'm always happy with the DLC I actually pay for on XBOX, regardless of anyone else getting it for cheaper or more expensive. I like to stray away from downloads that don't expand core content, (only new characters, visuals, cars...ect) because I never feel like the benefit justifies the price, but then again, that same benefit rarely really affects gameplay anyways.

Cliffs: DLC that rips one off is easy to avoid because its usually a pretty undesirable download anyways
Aircooled
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Sep 27 2009, 04:44 PM) *
^^All im saying is i'll pay 600 MSpoints for 3 new halo or call of duty maps any day of the week.

Ha, I need to start a business to expend monies from suckers like these.
Phix
Anyway, back to Forza 3 demo... it's fun like I said but after playing around with the other cars in the demo i've come to the opinion that...

the tire modeling of Forza 3 is more grippy than even Forza 2's which was already on the accessible side of things. You'll still understeer like a tard on entry if you're too fast but there's an insane amount of mid corner grip. It also seemed very, very, very hard to spin out unlike in Forza 2. The cars feel a lot more planted and besides some obvious oversteer tendencies depending on the drivetrain it just seemed a lot more... easy.

This is with all assists off, btw, so no TCS/STM/ABS/Automatic what have you.

But, yeah, still fun. Just expect an easier experience out of it.
MustangAficionado
My problem isnt that they can make the game better and do, but that they figure the game can be better - release it un-whole then charge for more for what it should be from the get-go. Forza 2 was a lil different since it from the start is good enough for me, but have you ever heard of comparative wage depreciation? Like if you're making 9/hr and everyone but you now makes 10/r or you made 10/hr and now everyone who made 9 makes 10 as well. Sure you're making the same amount of money as before, but you feel like you're worth less.

Every time DLC came out for F2 i felt like even though i would never buy that stuff they are making my game shittier. Especially when i have to race online against people in ghost/see through green blobs. Just take a year coming up with new stuff, release a serious patch and charge for that. Then have racing servers for those cars so that they can play with each other and whack off that they have F430 Scud's instead of just F430's even though you mod the hell out of em anyways.

F3 is different now though, making the base game even shittier. Developing all this stuff from the gates, and then sectioning off part of it for extra. I really dont like GT5 prologue and think its development is comically stretched out, but this makes me want to tell EA to suck a fat one.
Phix
You mean F2 and F3, right? tongue.gif

Oh, and to drive home my point about more grip and accessibility... seems like some of you (or at least Razor) don't know about the rewind feature of Forza 3.

Basically, if you understeer, crash, flip over or whatever... you just push the Back/Select button on the 360 controller and it rewinds in real time to an earlier part of a race like just before the corner entry where you fucked up.

The loading screen almost encourages you to do this since it says there's no penalty for doing it and it's always available. Hell, even GRiD, the self-confessed arcadey racing game gave you limits to how many times you could use it.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 27 2009, 03:27 PM) *
You mean F2 and F3, right? tongue.gif

Rodger

Rewind sounds completely juvenile.
Frederf
I can't play it. It's got a week delay between Xbox Gold and Silver.
Phix
QUOTE(Frederf @ Sep 27 2009, 08:48 PM) *
I can't play it. It's got a week delay between Xbox Gold and Silver.

That sucks, but don't worry!

Cause, while Forza 3 will NOT have: night racing, weather, or rally modes it /will/ have
"Painter, tuner, drag, drift scoreboards. Yes, it's all in the details. Which we haven't revealed yet," said Chou.
so we dodged a bulletw ith that one! Phew, drag racing scoreboard. So awesome.

rolleyes.gif
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 27 2009, 10:21 PM) *
That sucks, but don't worry!

Cause, while Forza 3 will NOT have: night racing, weather, or rally modes it /will/ have so we dodged a bulletw ith that one! Phew, drag racing scoreboard. So awesome.

rolleyes.gif

Actually those are the main things I heard from players i talked/raced with that they wanted. I think they are cool features, but I hope they make them novelty extras and not part of the actual game. I was never great at rally, but my housemate knows all about how to tune suspension for it and always f's up my roadcar suspension with his logic. I wish there was that added feature in F3.
Phix
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 28 2009, 01:39 AM) *
Actually those are the main things I heard from players i talked/raced with that they wanted. I think they are cool features, but I hope they make them novelty extras and not part of the actual game. I was never great at rally, but my housemate knows all about how to tune suspension for it and always f's up my roadcar suspension with his logic. I wish there was that added feature in F3.

I was being sarcastic? I'm kind of confused by your reply... what? huh? wha-huh?

My point is I would have loved to have night racing and dynamic weather which Gran Turismo 5 has as opposed to stupid gimmicks like drag and drift modes.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 27 2009, 10:50 PM) *
I was being sarcastic? I'm kind of confused by your reply... what? huh? wha-huh?

My point is I would have loved to have night racing and dynamic weather which Gran Turismo 5 has as opposed to stupid gimmicks like drag and drift modes.

I was actually saying i hear a lot of players wanting these said gimmicks. And GT lovers want GT things - makes sense.
Phix
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 28 2009, 02:21 AM) *
I was actually saying i hear a lot of players wanting these said gimmicks. And GT lovers want GT things - makes sense.

Hey, I guess people like their drift modes with their artificially super-twitchy cars, huh? Instead of actual cool things which make sense like day and night transition during endurance races or a sudden rain shower.

Newp, just gimme mah super twitch mobile so ican rack them mad combos together, ahyuck hyuck hyuck
Altostratus
learning to drift in gran turismo 5 is fucking hard.

that is all.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 27 2009, 11:39 PM) *
Hey, I guess people like their drift modes with their artificially super-twitchy cars, huh? Instead of actual cool things which make sense like day and night transition during endurance races or a sudden rain shower.

Newp, just gimme mah super twitch mobile so ican rack them mad combos together, ahyuck hyuck hyuck

There's a drift mode? People just tuned for it in F2 and did just fine.
You don't need to convince me though, man. I'm not into it - but i know enough people are.
Phix
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 28 2009, 02:55 AM) *
There's a drift mode? People just tuned for it in F2 and did just fine.
You don't need to convince me though, man. I'm not into it - but i know enough people are.

Yeah, dedicated drag racing mode and drift racing mode.

I'm just assuming they make the cars artificially twitchy enough to easily kick out the back end and easily keep it going. Assumption based on the past evidence that every single other racing game out there that has a dedicated drift mode has done the same thing.
Bjorn
To be honest, I think I'm pretty bored with Forza/GT style racing games for the time being.

When you boil it down, they are all the same: buy a car, mod your car, race against moderate AI, win race, buy another car.

If it cost A LOT more to buy a car and modify, so your decisions actually had an impact things would be different, but it's so unrealistic that the average Forza player has a garage which is more lavish than the most wealthy Saudi oil barron. If there was a qualifying, so your starting position was based on skill rather than how fast your car theoretically is things would be different. But these things don't seem to matter to the general audience who just want to own a gigantic collection of modified cars (present company excluded of course.)

The only car game I'm really looking forward to is the one Phix mentioned a while ago which was an F1 simulator coming out for the 360.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 28 2009, 12:13 AM) *
Yeah, dedicated drag racing mode and drift racing mode.

I'm just assuming they make the cars artificially twitchy enough to easily kick out the back end and easily keep it going. Assumption based on the past evidence that every single other racing game out there that has a dedicated drift mode has done the same thing.

The old GT had a 1/4 mile (400M) mode and it wasn't different. I think they'll just offer different tracks/cone set-ups and somehow score you differtently. I doubt it will be like need for speed underground.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 28 2009, 02:39 AM) *

Did they say if the physics will change in drift mode for forza 3? I haven't heard anything about that yet.

On another note, I'm looking forward to night driving in GT5. I had heard some things but didnt know if it was confirmed or not. Driving on the ring, at night, in a maxed out gt-one? Fun/death.
Phix
So, I did some reading around in regards to the drift mode in Forza 3. From what I learned it will:

- use the same physics

- it will always be "on" in single and multiplayer so, uh, you're always gaining points when you, uh, "drift"

- a "drift display" may or may not be toggled in-game with the left d-pad button (that's just what i personally gathered from watching a few vids and screenshots)

And then there's this video... with, uh, V8 Supercar race cars... in "drift" mode.

BORKED
Razor
So wait... let me get this straight... if I DO SUM SIK ASS DRIFTIN IN MAH R15 TDI (during an endurance event, of course), I BE GETTIN SUM EPIK POINTZ?
Phix
QUOTE(Razor @ Sep 29 2009, 02:35 PM) *
So wait... let me get this straight... if I DO SUM SIK ASS DRIFTIN IN MAH R15 TDI (during an endurance event, of course), I BE GETTIN SUM EPIK POINTZ?

Yes.
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 29 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Yes.

That's worse than Need For Speed: Underground 2.
Halflifehavock13
But if you can get 'drift points' during any sort of race, then what are they used for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.