Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can you say vapor ware?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Phix
Vaporware doesn't have a specific month release date attached to it.

This is more of a WTF move by Sony but then again it's Sony so it's not very surprising... who cares, it'll be done when it's done.

It's not like GT5 was announced in 1999.
bankE46

Hey guys, Dukasan Nukasawa here - I'm the lead developer at Polyphony Digital and I promise that GT5 will be out really soon. Like, sooner than you think. If anyone has a problem with that, then I will gladly pulverize your skull with my bare hands.
Phix
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Sep 25 2009, 04:19 PM) *

Hey guys, Dukasan Nukasawa here - I'm the lead developer at Polyphony Digital and I promise that GT5 will be out really soon. Like, sooner than you think. If anyone has a problem with that, then I will gladly rip off your head and shit down your neck.

Fixed.
Halflifehavock13
Always bet on duke.
Aircooled
There are few things in life that define each other better than DNF and Vaporware.
midnightdorifto
Lesson learned from GT4: never trust Polyphony on a release date of the next GT game. Additionally, after seeing that GT4 was prematurely released given it's little "quirks", I'd say they can keep this one until it's cooked all the way through.
Altostratus
im at terms with waiting for GT5.

i cant stand GT4's bugs, 1080i output never works and jumpy screen were my biggest problems
b0mb3r
i suppose everyone is right that this is not vapor ware... I don't mind that the game is taking a while to finish but it seems like every time it gets close to release they push it back again.

and update:
http://kotaku.com/5369058/gran-turismo-5s-...amage-in-action
Halflifehavock13
They also announced that crash damage will be on ALL cars. Production cars will get scratches, dents, etc but won't lose doors and side panels. Race cars, on the other hand, will however be able to lose doors/panels. IGN
Phix
And all 950+ cars will have modeled interiors however only 170 or so will have interior damage which i'm perfectly fine with...
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 28 2009, 02:44 PM) *
And all 950+ cars will have modeled interiors however only 170 or so will have interior damage which i'm perfectly fine with...

My guess is that those are the race cars.
Easton
Time to buy a PS3
Vadvagool
Easton, you're a Moderator??
Asher

Phix
Yeah, and people wonder why GT5 is taking so long? That interior alone kills Forza 3.
Frederf
I have to admit a proper first person cockpit is one of my more valued aspects of a driving/racing game. Anyone know why the Lambo's windshield is green in that pic?

Honestly car selection and graphics have been at a satisfactory level for a while now. While the graphics and such is ALL anyone talks about I found GT3 and F2 to be in the stone age gameplay wise and don't expect much improvement from GT4 and F3.
moe
You mean GT5...GT4 is stoneage now.
Easton
QUOTE(Vadvagool @ Sep 30 2009, 09:57 AM) *
Easton, you're a Moderator??

Oh shit - so I am smile.gif

It's like waking up one morning and finding an AK-47 biologically attached to your arm.

QUOTE(Asher @ Sep 30 2009, 10:51 AM) *

biggrin.gif

*edit*

Oh shit - wrong car, the one in the game is the 370Z.

Hang on.. might have a picture of my view behind the wheel of that too..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.