Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd Gen Pontiac Vibe
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > The Cool Wall > Uncool
UserDrew
I am breaking cars into production generations. A 2nd gen car could have a different image then its predecessor or vice-versa. So here is ONLY the 2nd gen Vibe. Expect the 1st gen sometime later this week.

Aimed towards a younger and trendier crowd, the Pontiac Vibe shares most of its bits with the Toyota Matrix. Both are on the E-platform which is shared with the Toyota Corolla.
Both cars were redesigned for the 2008 Production year. The Vibe could be had in two trim levels: the base and the GT. The base model is equipped with a 1.8 liter 2Zr-Fe 132hp I4 which could be bought with either a 5 speed manual or 4 speed automatic. The AWD and GT variants are equipped with Toyota's 2.4 2AZ-FE 158hp motor and a 6 speed manual. The 2.4 liter engine could be bough as an option for the base model. Other features that included were rear disc brakes, anti lock breaks and traction control. Unlike the preceding model no roof-racks were equipped standard.

The car has enough space after the back seats fold down for an entire washing machine to fit in the back with enough room for the handcart/dolly to be along carried with it.

The Vibe's production was halted on August 17th 2009 when it was decided that Pontiac would be
a brand slashed from the GM Family.

GT model shown:

UserDrew
I may have muddled the trim levels. This car has 3 trim levels: Base, GT and AWD. The GT and AWD only differ in drive train.
Razor
It is a rebadged Toyota Matrix. Insanely uncool.
clarkma5
Not bad, a significant improvement both mechanically and stylistically over its predecessor. It was also a bit less pricy than the Matrix. I couldn't call it cool but it's a more interesting economy car prospect than another Civic, while being less douchey than a Scion.
UserDrew
Ok, enough people have voted for me to get my thing in.

And though it'll make you cringe I have to say that I get a vibe from the Vibe that I do not get from the car it is nearly identical to. I could see myself driving one if I wanted a small sort of hatchback station wagon thing. Doesn't mean I would buy one over a Mazda3 5 door but I don't think this car is uncool. It does not belong in Frozen but I think it deserves to go in cool.
moe
I voted cool. Not sure why, but it's a funky looking hatch, with an interesting interior, and decent dynamics.
Bjorn
I test drove one.

The small windows, massive D pillars and tiny rear glass make it a bitch to see out of.

But I still kinda like them.

Neutral.
SwissWhiskey
Looks like shit, plastic fantastic, and probably the worst looking dash ever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.