Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010 F1 Calendar released
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Motorsport
clarkma5
And Korea's on the calendar for their debut as well. A full 19 race calendar next year is pretty packed!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78775

14/3 Bahrain
28/3 Australia
04/4 Malaysia
18/4 China
09/5 Spain
23/5 Monaco
30/5 Turkey
13/6 Canada*
27/6 Europe (Valencia)
11/7 Great Britain
25/7 Germany
01/8 Hungary
29/8 Belgium
12/9 Italy
26/9 Singapore
03/10 Japan
17/10 Korea
31/10 Abu Dhabi
14/11 Brazil

* Subject to the completion of contract negotiations with Formula One Management. If these are not completed then the Turkish Grand Prix will be moved to 6 June.

Note: The race in Australia will start at 1700 local time, in Malaysia at 1600 local time, in Singapore at 2000 local time, and in Abu Dhabi at 1700 local time.
Phix
I could live without Turkey and China on that calendar.
clarkma5
Turkey's a great track, Shanghai...eh

Of all the 19 tracks on the calendar to not like I think it would have to be the Valencia street circuit. I don't hate it as much as everyone else but it is kinda ridiculous that Spain has two grand prix, and Valencia is not as good as Catalunya. Nor have I ever been in love with the Albert Park circuit, and it makes even less sense on this calendar now that it has lost its traditional season-opening status.
Phix
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 21 2009, 04:22 PM) *
it is kinda ridiculous that Spain has two grand prix, and Valencia is not as good as Catalunya.

Just banking in on Alonsomania. It was the same when Michael Schumacher was raping F1: German Grand Prix & European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.

Speaking of Catalunya... I really wish they'd at least impose a rule that if a track is on the race calendar then you shouldn't be allowed to test on it.
clarkma5
Well the reason that rule doesn't exist comes mainly from Silverstone, I'd reckon...so many F1 teams are based there and it's such a popular grand prix. Of course that all changes if Donington successfully comes through for the 2010 race.
Bjorn
As I've said before, I will be buying my Montreal tickets as soon as they go on sale.
Phix
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Sep 21 2009, 05:34 PM) *
As I've said before, I will be buying my Montreal tickets as soon as they go on sale.*

* Subject to the completion of contract negotiations with Formula One Management. If these are not completed then the Turkish Grand Prix will be moved to 6 June.
Bjorn
I have faith that after Montreal got a taste of the revenue losses from not having a GP that they will be very reasonable at the bargaining tables.
Phix
Heh, it pretty much is all but confirmed. The statement is more of a technical formality than anything. tongue.gif
Dr. Strangelove
I would like to see San Marino come back. I'm also excited for the Roman GP.

I think the circuit at Abu Dahi will be neat looking at the least.
moe
^ I'll let you know in November wink.gif
tune
I haven't heard anything about a track in Korea.

I watched the WTCC from Imola last weekend, they've lost the chicane at the end of the lap now, just a straight run from Revazza 2 (sp?)
clarkma5
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79429

The 2010 Monaco Grand Prix is likely to move forward by a week to ease the calendar congestion that had concerned Formula 1 teams.

The provisional 2010 world championship schedule featured just one week between Monaco and Turkey - a gap which the teams considered logistically impossible due to the travel distance involved.

Now the Monte Carlo race organisers have announced a provisional date change for their event, which will move from Sunday 23 May to Sunday 16 May.
clarkma5
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79651

And the aforementioned Monaco calendar change is approved. It was really just a question of common sense, wasn't it?
tune
On the subject of Monaco. The teams are questioning the logistics of having 26 cars there next season, with the 3 new teams, let alone the addition of the former BMW Sauber team if they are allowed to enter also.
Bjorn
Montreal is confirmed.

Formula One will return to Montreal for at least the next five years, government officials announced Friday.

The Quebec race was removed from the Formula One circuit in October 2008 over a contractual dispute, to the dismay of civic leaders and merchants.

But government officials said they have reached a new agreement with F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone to bring the Grand Prix back to North America.

The agreement includes $15 million in annual contributions from the three levels of government.

"This agreement is a win-win situation for the Quebec taxpayer, and for the Canadian taxpayer," said Quebec Finance Minister Raymond Bachand.

The race has an economic impact on the city of about $89 million a year, officials said.

The next race is June 13 at the Gilles-Villeneuve Circuit.

I will be going for sure this year.
tune
Abu Dhabi have had their request to host the season finale approved and so switches dates with Brazil.
Dr. Strangelove
Lame, Brazil is a way better race to end on IMO.
Bjorn
I dunno, I was very very very impressed with Abu Dhabi, they ran a solid race which was very entertaining to watch. I think it could supplant Monaco as F1's crown jewel.

Of course this opinion may have been bolstered by my stupidly low expectations of Abu Dhabi thanks to the shit shows that are Valencia and Singapore.

The only thing I don't like about Abu Dhabi, in terms of holding the season closer, is the lack of champaign. The World Champion should be able to share the bubbly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.