Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLS vs. MP4-12C
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Razor
Like the title says... styling (interior and exterior) ONLY. Performance and practicality don't matter here.

clarkma5
The McLaren. It's cleaner and more modern and doesn't have the "what is with these proportions?" bullcrap that the Mercedes does. I'd especially like it in any color besides that metallic orange.

Also, notice that both of these cars look nicer inside than outside, but the McLaren's interior is more to my liking yet again.
midnightdorifto
The McLaren is...generic:

+

+

+

=

MP4-12C.

The rims are entirely uninspiring, the interior is merely functional and not nearly as passionate or effective as the Italia's, and the entire design, while I'm sure it's a brilliant drive, just doesn't get my juices flowing like an original design. Hell, all of the above posted cars (with the exception of the Spirra) pull off their respective designs much more coherently than the McLarens.

The Mercedes wins by default - a vehicle with retro proportions that doesn't hopelessly hanker back to days of yore.
McKhaos
The McLaren is meh, the Merc is bleh.
Simple.
moe
I'll go with the McLaren. I'd call it clean & simple rather than "generic." Looks more purposeful, and look like it doesn't weigh as much as a yacht either. Oh, and I love the interior. The SLS's already looks dated.
MustangAficionado
Went with the Merc because my Dad got to drive one at Laguna Seca and because I like to see a hood in front of me.
clarkma5
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Sep 9 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Went with the Merc because my Dad got to drive one at Laguna Seca and because I like to see a hood in front of me.

So do you have some inherent preference for front-engined cars over mid or rear engined? Just curious.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 9 2009, 04:49 PM) *
So do you have some inherent preference for front-engined cars over mid or rear engined? Just curious.

For style and interior feel - yes. Performance? I'm not ignorant - mid is the tits. But lucky for me we are told not to consider those things here.
NorthPoint
I don't think either is particularly successful from a design standpoint.
DB9
They both suck design-wise, so I went with the one that didn't screw it up completely: The Mclaren.
dukenukem
I would rock the SLS.
Easton
McLaren
UserDrew
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Sep 9 2009, 10:40 PM) *
I would rock the SLS.

Yeah, so would I. If I were to venture as guess as to which on of these would be more iconic I would go with the SLS. Just a feeling.
Pez
From a designers POV the Mclaren wins imo.
I'd buy the Mclaren over the Merc anyday.
The Merc looks like my shoe.
moe
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Sep 10 2009, 12:36 PM) *
Yeah, so would I. If I were to venture as guess as to which on of these would be more iconic I would go with the SLS. Just a feeling.

It isn't iconic. It's just based on an iconic design...the 300SL Gullwing.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(Pez @ Sep 11 2009, 01:32 AM) *
From a designers POV the Mclaren wins imo.
I'd buy the Mclaren over the Merc anyday.
The Merc looks like my shoe.

Where can I buy a pair of these sexy shoes?
Altostratus
SLS for me, throw in a bespoke suit too
UserDrew
QUOTE(moe @ Sep 11 2009, 10:55 AM) *
It isn't iconic. It's just based on an iconic design...the 300SL Gullwing.

I meant to say that I believe that it's more likely to be iconic than the McLaren.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.