Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wacky windows glitch
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
bankE46
I've got a weird problem, lets see if any windows gurus out there can help me. Basically, when I try to open any image (.jpg/.bmp/etc) in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (default windows image viewer), it works fine EXCEPT if the image is currently on my desktop (i.e. in documents and settings\user\desktop). The WPAFV will open for a split second and then quit. If if right click -> open with WPAFV, it will stay open and say No Preview Available. However, if I take that image and move it any other folder, even a folder on the desktop, it will open just fine.

FYI - I've done some hunting around and I've already tried the command line stuff see here

any suggestions? I don't really wanna go through a clean windows install for this little glitch.
porsche944
throw your computer out the window.
Flaw
What else is on your desktop? According to the googles, if you have a url shortcut directly on your desktop in Vista, WPAFV shits out.

In any case, what OS and SP are you working on?
bankE46
QUOTE(Flaw @ Sep 2 2009, 07:03 PM) *
What else is on your desktop? According to the googles, if you have a url shortcut directly on your desktop in Vista, WPAFV shits out.

In any case, what OS and SP are you working on?

Wow, you nailed it dude! Among the 3-4 icons on my desktop, one of them was a direct link to a shared network folder on my roommate's computer. I just deleted that and WPAFV opens just fine now! I didn't notice this issue in my searching and I never would have guessed. Thanks!
porsche944
run down the stairs really fast and catch it before it hits the ground
bankE46
QUOTE(porsche944 @ Sep 5 2009, 03:46 PM) *
run down the stairs really fast and catch it before it hits the ground

laugh.gif

THAT WAS CLOSE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.