Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "High-Res" Images
Dieselstation Car Forums > Forum Issues > Issues & Suggestions
OHirtenfelder
I downloaded the 'high-res' images of the Noble M600. Someone took the low res shit and just upsized them in PS or something. they look like poo. Jutst to let someone know. OK.
Dieselstation
Will look into this and have it resolved soon. If there's any issue, then you guys can email me directly, that way it will get resolved quickly.
clarkma5
Yeah that's been the case for pretty much every wallpaper I've downloaded in the last year. It's pretty terrible.
Phix
I don't quite understand the wallpaper system... so the only widescreen image available is just 1920x1200 and you're expected to just compress the image to fit it on smaller widescreen resolutions? Was this done to save bandwidth costs or something instead of hosting like a 1920x1200 and a seperate 1680x1050 and so on?
Diesel
yeah. basically. because you can set your desktop to "stretch" larger images down to fit your screen and not lose any quality, but stretching it up WILL.
Dieselstation
Alright, Noble M600 Wallpapers are all proper high-res wallpapers now.

QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 22 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Yeah that's been the case for pretty much every wallpaper I've downloaded in the last year. It's pretty terrible.

Other than the M600, can you tell which wallpaper is a low-res issue. For M600 it was a genuine error where low-res images were used by mistake. But normally all wallpapers are done using high-res images as they were done earlier, so shouldn't be a quality issue.

QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 22 2009, 08:09 PM) *
I don't quite understand the wallpaper system... so the only widescreen image available is just 1920x1200 and you're expected to just compress the image to fit it on smaller widescreen resolutions? Was this done to save bandwidth costs or something instead of hosting like a 1920x1200 and a seperate 1680x1050 and so on?

As Diesel mentioned, there's no real need to put separate images for resolutions with same scaling. If you use the stretch option, images will scale properly as long as you have same scaling ratio. You can go down the resolution without loosing quality but not the other way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.