Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Burger Throwdown
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Phix

The Original Whopper

Vs.

Big Mac

Which is the better?

Oh, and a premature fuck you to the people who post 'None of those now HERE'S a real burger'... if I wanted to know I'd have put it in the poll.
infinity
I never eat at Burger King or McDonalds so...based on those pics alone - Big Mac.
clarkma5
Yeah, I too never eat at Burger King or McDonald's, especially their burgers.
porsche944
mcdonalds angus deluxe

ahh theres a man in those bun seeds!
DB9
I went whopper.
Halflifehavock13
Big Mac. I'd rather whip my ass with a whopper than eat it.
Phix
ooo, 50/50!
McKhaos
Whopper.
dukenukem
Obey the King!
Diesel
In-N-Out Double Double.
Dr. Strangelove
Whopper hands down.
Vadvagool
Big Mac
Phix
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 13 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Oh, and a premature fuck you to the people who post 'None of those now HERE'S a real burger'... if I wanted to know I'd have put it in the poll.

QUOTE(Diesel @ Aug 14 2009, 02:39 AM) *
In-N-Out Double Double.
fiber optic
Whopper
Halflifehavock13
Thousand Island Dressing is leetsauce.
Phix
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Aug 14 2009, 12:42 PM) *
Thousand Island Dressing is leetsauce.

You mean "McSecret Sauce", right? ;P
Aircooled
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

MustangAficionado
You used to be able to get 18 wheelers and stuff, but no more at In-N-Outs. Still the best drive-thu style burger joint ever though
moe
Depends what I'm in the mood for, but I think I'll go with the Whopper.
Bjorn
I like simple burgers, so a double whopper with only pickles, ketchup mustard and cheese is the bomb.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Aug 16 2009, 09:48 AM) *
I like simple burgers, so a double whopper with only pickles, ketchup mustard and cheese is the bomb.

I get them with everything, it's not like they charge you more for lettuce, tomatoes, or onions. I'm a cheap bastard and like a good value.
Bjorn
^I'm all for gettin' your money worth, but I just don't like things like lettuce and tomato on my burger. At most a few onion rings is as far as I go.

Same goes for fancy sauces, mayonnaise included. Mustard and ketchup are all I need.

For these reasons the Big Mac represents almost an antithesis to my ideal burger.
Altostratus
ground waygu sliders with some sort of spicy aioli, some buttery arugula, and a panchetta craker.

on brioche.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 14 2009, 01:33 PM) *
You mean "McSecret Sauce", right? ;P

Oops, did I say that outloud?
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Aug 17 2009, 11:34 AM) *
ground waygu sliders with some sort of spicy aioli, some buttery arugula, and a panchetta craker.

on brioche.

+1, place down the block has waygu sliders with either gorganzola or aged cheddar - shits epic. So what if they call em Kobe beef, their good.
Altostratus
most places will call it kobe beef.
because most white people would sneer at the word "waygu"

" waygu? Is that a fish or something?"
BlackJack
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Aug 19 2009, 02:43 AM) *
most places will call it kobe beef.
because most white people would sneer at the word "waygu"

" waygu? Is that a fish or something?"

I just did. biggrin.gif
Altostratus
white person
BlackJack
Bingo. Congrats little kid.
Altostratus
how the fuck do you figure that im a little kid?
MustangAficionado
Clouds are usually pretty young :shrug:
Altostratus
i r teh oldest cloudz
dukenukem
I always felt Kobe beef was wayyy overpriced for its quality/ taste. That said anyone in Scottsdale, Az should try the Deluxe burger and their fries ... goddamn awesome!
Altostratus
its not Kobe beef. Waygu here is american style kobe beef which is similar but not the same.(waygu cattle bred with american angus cattle)
True Kobe beef isn't sold outside of japan.
fapfapfapfapfap
MustangAficionado
I found this actually in a Trader Joe's, admits countless others that looked like scrap - it was quite surprising considering this must have been a pretty nice cow it came off of.

Aircooled
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Aug 24 2009, 01:14 AM) *

Holy Fat Batman!!!!
Bjorn
^I've never had a really marbled steak. I like my steaks lean and medium well to well done (I'm a joke to every proper cook out there).
MustangAficionado
Just means you're a cheap date, nothing wrong with that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.