Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sightings From London
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
capt_spaghetti
Some sightings from my recent trip to London.

duality
i bloody love going to london...the cars there are just stunning. think after Lausanne, it's my fav. car spotting city. although ive never seen a veyron...bastard tongue.gif

awesome sightings. although the matte lambo interior is plain fugly.
moe
Hey, those RRs have the same number plates as me biggrin.gif
OHirtenfelder
Holy Fuck!! Most of those I see here on a weekly basis, the Maser, the Aston, etc. But that gathering of Arab(?) cars is just ridiculous. Two Rollers next to one another...and such a sexy colour combo. And a flat black Lambo...mmmmm. Oh, and a Veyron!!!
Btw. I found out the other day that at the Rolls Royce factory, they never refer to a car as a 'Rolls', they always refer to them as "Royces'. Really odd and absolutely pointless, but I though I'd share biggrin.gif
Phix
Nice going with the Veyron. Catch the person inside? Was it Cowell?
capt_spaghetti
I was too busy making sure my camera was working. I figure people wouldn't believe me otherwise. If it was right hand drive, it was a woman driving.
moe
QUOTE(capt_spaghetti @ Aug 10 2009, 07:49 PM) *
If it was right hand drive, it was a woman driving.

Well you are in England...
Phix
QUOTE(capt_spaghetti @ Aug 10 2009, 12:49 PM) *
If it was right hand drive, it was a woman driving.

....what?
capt_spaghetti
Yeah yeah, weird statement. I've seen a few NADM cars around here. Jeeps, Hummers, and stretch limos.
DB9
In that first veyron pic it definitely looks like the steering wheel is on the left side, not the right.
capt_spaghetti
Yeah, it's on the left, you can see it in the second one. I just fail.
infinity
I love how the roof of the Enzo doesn't even reach the bottom of the windows on the RRs
moe
QUOTE(capt_spaghetti @ Aug 11 2009, 01:37 AM) *
Yeah yeah, weird statement. I've seen a few NADM cars around here. Jeeps, Hummers, and stretch limos.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeeps are built in RHD for the UK.
capt_spaghetti
I'd like to add that today I couldn't get the camera out in time, but I saw a Black edition CLK and an amazing chrome/platnum 911...with UAE plates...
DB9
chrome 911???

bleh.gif
moe
QUOTE(capt_spaghetti @ Aug 11 2009, 11:04 PM) *
I'd like to add that today I couldn't get the camera out in time, but I saw a Black edition CLK and an amazing chrome/platnum 911...with UAE plates...

With UAE plates, that's hardly surprising. Those fuckers chrome the shit out of everything. In the past few months I've seen a chromed gold C63, SLR, Range Rover Sport, a chrome silver 'Vette, H2, SLR, 599, and a Mercedes (can't remember whether it was a CL or an SL anymore).
Phix
QUOTE(moe @ Aug 12 2009, 08:13 AM) *
With UAE plates, that's hardly surprising. Those fuckers chrome the shit out of everything. In the past few months I've seen a chromed gold C63, SLR, Range Rover Sport, a chrome silver 'Vette, H2, SLR, 599, and a Mercedes (can't remember whether it was a CL or an SL anymore).

Let's not forget the gold as well.

Oh God the gold... gold everywhere.

Gee, I wonder what kind of helmet this Sheikh Khalid Al-Qassimi who competes in the WRC? Why, it's solid fucking gold! What a surprise!
Bjorn
^ya, I hope that is his backers doing, and not his own, cuz that's just tacky as hell.

I can imagine the Solberg brothers laughing at him for it.
Phix
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Aug 12 2009, 09:07 PM) *
^ya, I hope that is his backers doing, and not his own, cuz that's just tacky as hell.

I can imagine the Solberg brothers laughing at him for it.

His backers? Who would his backers be? He's a Sheikh and it's not like the Abu Dhabi Tourism Board is his own personal sponsor.

Oh, no. The solid gold helmet is very much his own doing. It's basically a confirmation of his heritage and Sheikhdom.
SwissWhiskey
QUOTE(duality @ Aug 9 2009, 08:52 PM) *
i bloody love going to london...the cars there are just stunning. think after Lausanne, it's my fav. car spotting city. although ive never seen a veyron...bastard tongue.gif

awesome sightings. although the matte lambo interior is plain fugly.

Enzo and Veyron! Nice, but the Lotus, Vantage, 911 are a bit meh... everyday

Dual:
Lausanne is nuts, if you don't see 5-10 super cars a day something is wrong. The garage of the Lausanne Palace Hotel is like a Lambo dealership.
capt_spaghetti
I want to add this to the list. I've never heard/seen of one before.

Reliant Scimitar

Bjorn
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 12 2009, 08:09 PM) *
His backers? Who would his backers be? He's a Sheikh and it's not like the Abu Dhabi Tourism Board is his own personal sponsor.

Oh, no. The solid gold helmet is very much his own doing. It's basically a confirmation of his heritage and Sheikhdom.

Wow...I didn't know he was basically a prince.

Did he work his way into that seat, or did he buy it?
Phix
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Aug 31 2009, 11:09 AM) *
Wow...I didn't know he was basically a prince.

Did he work his way into that seat, or did he buy it?

It's part of the sponsorship deal with Ford M-Sport. So, I guess, yeah he most certainly paid for it through the Abu Dhabi Tourism Board sponsor deal.
Bjorn
Part to me thinks that buying your way into motorspost is kinda lame...but another part of me thinks that it's kinda cool that there are still gentlemen racers, even if those gentlemen have gold helmets.

I wonder how much flack he takes from the other WRC drivers, both for the way he got his drive and for that helmet.
moe
QUOTE(SwissWhiskey @ Aug 15 2009, 03:24 PM) *
Lausanne is nuts, if you don't see 5-10 super cars a day something is wrong. The garage of the Lausanne Palace Hotel is like a Lambo dealership.

Visiting a city full of exotic cars is pretty cool, but living in one is another story. It kind of blows the local perspective on what's a nice car way out of proportion. I also feel like my mind should be blown every time I see a supercar, which just isn't the case anymore.
SwissWhiskey
QUOTE(moe @ Sep 1 2009, 10:40 AM) *
Visiting a city full of exotic cars is pretty cool, but living in one is another story. It kind of blows the local perspective on what's a nice car way out of proportion. I also feel like my mind should be blown every time I see a supercar, which just isn't the case anymore.

So true. Take for example the Bentley Conti GT, completely bored of it. I don't even turn my head anymore, but the new Golf 6 GTI will. whistle.gif
RS4
Wow!
speedyK
QUOTE(capt_spaghetti @ Aug 16 2009, 11:18 PM) *
I want to add this to the list. I've never heard/seen of one before.

Princess Anne used to drive them.

Fibreglass body with Ford 3-litre engine. They used to advertise in the UK press prominently that their O-60 mph time was 8.6 sec, IIRC which was fast at the time.

My Godmother's husband had one he had nothing good to say about it. Always breaking down!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.