Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V8 Lada?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
moe

Pix/details here.

I love the ridiculousness of it. A Lada Niva with a GM V8...
Razor
Oh, wow, would you look at that... I thought it was a VW GTI Mk I owned by someone on the 'Vortex until I read what it actually is.
moe
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 7 2009, 01:57 AM) *
Oh, wow, would you look at that... I thought it was a VW GTI Mk I owned by someone on the 'Vortex until I read what it actually is.

So much cooler than the Whoretex stuff. I mean it's a utilitarian, Russian SUV with a V8 dropped into it (the Niva used to be somewhat popular in a small town I used to live in, so that makes it even cooler for me).
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Aug 6 2009, 07:53 PM) *
So much cooler than the Whoretex stuff. I mean it's a utilitarian, Russian SUV with a V8 dropped into it (the Niva used to be somewhat popular in a small town I used to live in, so that makes it even cooler for me).

Oh, I completely agree. That's literally classified as an SUV? lol... not exactly Escalade sized tongue.gif but I guess nor is the ego of a Russian utilitarian.
McKhaos
That's not an SUV. That's a tractor. Literally. I drove one once. Zero amount of creature comforts, even worst than the Defender. But it could offroad like it was nobody's business.
moe
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 7 2009, 06:18 AM) *
Oh, I completely agree. That's literally classified as an SUV? lol... not exactly Escalade sized tongue.gif but I guess nor is the ego of a Russian utilitarian.

McKhaos has a point though. Vehicles don't come much more utilitarian than the Niva.

EDIT: Putin's Niva...

McKhaos
Riding dirty ?
And by dirty I mean on imperialist tyres. THE SHAME !!!!
Phix
b0mb3r
people that had them back in the soviet days were the shit, those things are unstoppable. my dad always wanted one rishi.gif
Altostratus
there are lots of lada nivas here for some reason.
OHirtenfelder
My mate has one, and man is it a hardcore car. The thing goes EVERYWHERE he wants it to go. And to this day not an ounce of trouble (as far as I know).
Aircooled
Sounds like it has a turbo diesel. I think i might like a bit more if it wasn't dropped so much.
Bjorn
I have a friend who has a VR6 powered Niva. Still can be crank started and everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.