Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamborghini and Bugatti in Gran turismo PSP
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Halflifehavock13

http://www.gtplanet.net/lamborghini-bugatt...turismo-series/

Sony will be offering pre-order promotional codes for the launch of GT:PSP, and you get the choice of the veyron, enzo, citroen gt, gt-r vspec, or a 74 lamborghini countach lp400. This is a really promising sign that if they will be in the psp version, one should assume they will also be in GT5. This didnt exactly come as a shock since I figured that GT5 would be handicapped next to forza 3 if they didnt have them. The question is, if/when porsche will make it into the GT series.
350Z
I honestly always liked the fact that GT had RUF instead of Porsche.
Phix
What's wrong with having RUF and Porsche?
Razor
It's funny, a lot of games have this phenomena (Porsche not being present), for instance...

Test Drive Unlimited has RUF
GT has RUF
Midnight Club 3 (bleh.gif) has Gemballa

...and remember how Porsche pulled the wallpapers from DS, too... I think Porsche just has stuck-up-as-hell marketing and PR departments.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 4 2009, 10:14 PM) *
It's funny, a lot of games have this phenomena (Porsche not being present), for instance...

Test Drive Unlimited has RUF
GT has RUF
Midnight Club 3 (bleh.gif) has Gemballa

...and remember how Porsche pulled the wallpapers from DS, too... I think Porsche just has stuck-up-as-hell marketing and PR departments.

It may also be that the licenses are expensive.
moe
I remember EA was the exclusive license holder for Porsche for a while (I think). The only other games I've seen with Porsche are Forza and PGR
Altostratus
well according to the forza guys gran turismo hasn't evolved since GT1. so this is nothing.
because you know, forza 3 had SUV's and drag racing. never been done before.
Phix
Yeah, the Forza guys crack me up.

Smuggest most arrogant assholes if there ever was one...
DB9
They don't seem arrogant to me huh.gif
John Potts
QUOTE(Altostratus @ Aug 5 2009, 12:32 PM) *
well according to the forza guys gran turismo hasn't evolved since GT1. so this is nothing.
because you know, forza 3 had SUV's and drag racing. never been done before.

Are you saying forza 3 is the first racing game with drag racing? because forza 1 and nfs underground had it.
Halflifehavock13
Update. I decided not to make a new thread for this, but here it goes...

http://www.gtplanet.net/?gr_i_ni

GT5 will include:
1000 vehicles,
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5)

Courses
60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed

■ physical simulation of vehicles
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover]
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

I'm all giddy now. And seeing as how sony announced the ps3 slim at 300 bucks, it's going to be that much easier to get. I'm extremely interested to see their damage physics. Interior view, door smashed up, trying to limp back to the pits.
Phix
Forza who?
clarkma5
Forza Motorsport 3 will include over 400 fully customizable cars from 50 manufacturers and over 100 tracks. [3] New additions to the game include an in-car driving view, a perfect line to follow, one button assisted driving, vehicle rollover, and for the first time in the series, trucks and SUVs. Also included will be the ability to create in-game videos and upload them to the Forza Motorsport website. Forza Motorsport 3 will be shipped in two discs, but can be played completely off the first. The second disc serves as the "installation disc", which will contain some additional cars and tracks.

Forza 3 still sounds competitive with GT5. Less cars overall but they're all new.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 18 2009, 06:06 PM) *
Forza 3 still sounds competitive with GT5. Less cars overall but they're all new.

And apparently all 400 will be fully modeled, both interior and exterior.

EDIT: GT5 has the Prius? Ew.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 18 2009, 07:35 PM) *
And apparently all 400 will be fully modeled, both interior and exterior.

EDIT: GT5 has the Prius? Ew.

GT4 had the prius.
Razor
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Aug 18 2009, 07:48 PM) *
GT4 had the prius.

What good is it? Doesn't it kill you to know they could have put another car in the game instead?
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 18 2009, 07:53 PM) *
What good is it? Doesn't it kill you to know they could have put another car in the game instead?

Have you never played a gran turismo game before? Like 1/4 of the cars are total crap/extremely slow. Honda life step van? It's just part of the appeal that the GT series is ridiculously comprehensive.
Altostratus
i had a prius that could do the ring' in like 8mins in GT4
Halflifehavock13
They just released a couple videos of playable GT5 on gtplanet. One of them has a damage video. According to Kazunori, not all cars will have damage models, and they haven't decided on what sets of cars will have them yet. And in one of the videos, (I didnt see it, but they pointed it out in the article), it looks like you will be able to turn damage on and off.
DB9
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 18 2009, 05:06 PM) *

Not to mention they have downloadable content pretty regularly after the release. whistle.gif
Phix
QUOTE(DB9 @ Aug 19 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Not to mention they have downloadable content pretty regularly after the release. whistle.gif

...so, yay to paying for cars which you already get in GT5 out of the box but have to pay for in car packs for Forza 3? Ok.
clarkma5
But most of the GT5 cars are just ported from GT4 it sounds like, unless I've missed something important here. That's kinda lame.
Phix
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 19 2009, 10:21 PM) *
But most of the GT5 cars are just ported from GT4 it sounds like, unless I've missed something important here. That's kinda lame.

....that's Gran Turismo PSP.

Not Gran Turismo 5.

This thread is confusing cause it started out as a GT PSP and now we're on to GT5 and it's all like wut
Phix
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 19 2009, 10:21 PM) *

Oh, and, no. Nothing is being ported from GT4 to GT5.

The same amount of cars from GT4 and then being EXPANDED upon, yes. But, no, technically nothing at all. Everything is being modeled from scratch.
Altostratus
clear things up.

GT PSP is a tarted up port of GT4 with all the cars of GT4 and some more.
Whereas GT5 features

1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

not to mention 60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 19 2009, 10:18 PM) *
...so, yay to paying for cars which you already get in GT5 out of the box but have to pay for in car packs for Forza 3? Ok.

GT5 will have DLC too...
Phix
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Aug 20 2009, 12:16 PM) *
GT5 will have DLC too...

No doubt.

My point was that a lot more cars and tracks will be coming standard in GT5.
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 20 2009, 12:39 PM) *
No doubt.

My point was that a lot more cars and tracks will be coming standard in GT5.

Tracks? Forza 3 ships with 100. From what altostratus said, looks like GT5 is 60 for sure, possibly/probably 80 or slightly more.
Phix
QUOTE(Razor @ Aug 20 2009, 12:43 PM) *
Tracks? Forza 3 ships with 100. From what altostratus said, looks like GT5 is 60 for sure, possibly/probably 80 or slightly more.

What Forza 3 neglects to mention is that they take track variations into that track #.

So, Motegi Ring can account for something like 3 to 4 of those "tracks".
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Aug 20 2009, 01:05 PM) *
What Forza 3 neglects to mention is that they take track variations into that track #.

So, Motegi Ring can account for something like 3 to 4 of those "tracks".

Ah, valid point. That means Lime Rock Park's optional uphill turn and optional hairpin can lead to there being FOUR possible combinations without much more difference than less than 100 yards. Hmmph.
Altostratus
gran turismo is counting by just tracks. not the forward-reverse-80's-90's versions
terence
wooo...if theres bugatti there should be the koenigsegg smile.gif
moe
QUOTE(terence @ Aug 21 2009, 02:49 PM) *
wooo...if theres bugatti there should be the koenigsegg smile.gif

Great logic.
Frederf
GT5 and Forza 3... 100,000 cars; 5,000 tracks; 1,000,000,000 polygons; 50,000,000 physics calculations per second; 0 gameplay.

There's just X tiers of Y races where you have to get first to progress and you show up to the race with HorsepowerOfHighestCompetitor+50 car and buzz around the track in a daze. If you spin out on corner 3 you restart as many times as you need to. Zzzzz.
Razor
QUOTE(Frederf @ Aug 24 2009, 01:44 AM) *
GT5 and Forza 3... 100,000 cars; 5,000 tracks; 1,000,000,000 polygons; 50,000,000 physics calculations per second; 0 gameplay.

There's just X tiers of Y races where you have to get first to progress and you show up to the race with HorsepowerOfHighestCompetitor+50 car and buzz around the track in a daze. If you spin out on corner 3 you restart as many times as you need to. Zzzzz.

So whaddayouplay? Need For Speed? tongue.gif
Frederf
I've enjoyed the SimBin games mostly. They feel like racing but admittedly they have their own quirks and flaws. I was even in a GTR endurance series online which was great fun and quite an experience. Race07 is has a lot more charm and personality compared to GTR and GTR2 as their cars and racing style is more forgiving and dirty.

What eventually occurs to me as I get deeper and deeper into a proper racing game is that real racing is hard work.

One thing that I hope a game comes out with is a virtual Head Mechanic that can talk you through adjusting your car. Right now most "serious" racing games have miles of adjustments and few people know how to begin messing with them. The feeling of a team there to help you would go a long way.
Razor
QUOTE(Frederf @ Aug 28 2009, 04:34 AM) *
I've enjoyed the SimBin games mostly. They feel like racing but admittedly they have their own quirks and flaws. I was even in a GTR endurance series online which was great fun and quite an experience. Race07 is has a lot more charm and personality compared to GTR and GTR2 as their cars and racing style is more forgiving and dirty.

What eventually occurs to me as I get deeper and deeper into a proper racing game is that real racing is hard work.

One thing that I hope a game comes out with is a virtual Head Mechanic that can talk you through adjusting your car. Right now most "serious" racing games have miles of adjustments and few people know how to begin messing with them. The feeling of a team there to help you would go a long way.

You ever tried iRacing.com?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.