Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Research & Development HL2 Mod
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Aircooled
http://www.moddb.com/mods/research-and-development

Just downloaded it and played it within the past few days. It was very well done and I enjoyed it immensely. Any other HL2 fans should give it a whirl.
duality
people still play hl2?

anyways, i enjoyed the game 3 years go...too bad my laptop cant play it on high res sad.gif
Aircooled
Every now and then we will play some hl2dm at a lan party. But this mod was in the Steam news so I gave it a try. There is a depth to hl2 that no other game I have played has ever matched.
fiber optic
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Aug 5 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Every now and then we will play some hl2dm at a lan party. But this mod was in the Steam news so I gave it a try. There is a depth to hl2 that no other game I have played has ever matched.

I might have to give this one a go. I play death match from time to time.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(duality @ Aug 4 2009, 11:15 AM) *
people still play hl2?

anyways, i enjoyed the game 3 years go...too bad my laptop cant play it on high res sad.gif

TF2? L4D? (ok, not entirely) CS:S?

Did you forget that Episode 2 came out less than two years ago, with Episode 3 coming out next year.
duality
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Aug 6 2009, 07:25 AM) *
TF2? L4D? (ok, not entirely) CS:S?

Did you forget that Episode 2 came out less than two years ago, with Episode 3 coming out next year.

I was referring to the original HL2...but yes, all of them have been awesome. I was addicted to CS.S for 2 years tongue.gif
Bjorn
I'm excited for Episode 3...although I hope they keep the spec requirements the same, as my current desktop is on the verge of being shit-tastic for HL-2.
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(duality @ Aug 6 2009, 12:07 PM) *
I was referring to the original HL2...but yes, all of them have been awesome. I was addicted to CS.S for 2 years tongue.gif

Oh, I thougth you meant all associated mods since Research and Development was one.

I've been playing CS for too long. Started around 1.4, gave a few years of my life away, took a two year break and played CS:S. I dont want to think of how long that was.
Bjorn
I abandoned CS once BF2 came around.

I found that there were too many people acting like fools on CS. DoD was a little bit better, but not by much. I find pre-pubescent voices heard through a video game to be the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard.
duality
I never was into the BF series...and DoD was rather dull imo.

Most open servers on CSS are shite. I found a great British clan server (became member, played for a while, then quit coz of IB exams)... the players were mature and fantastic. My gaming improved and I made decent friends. O those were the good ole days.

Currently, I play on my friends X360 from time to time...mostly racing coz I just cant play fps on a console.
Aircooled
BF2 has the worst hitboxes. You can use the sights on a machine gun and have 1 bullet in 15 actually hit a guy even though the sight was over the target the entire time. I still play TF2 regularly myself.
Halflifehavock13
I switched from CS:S to BF2, but after a few months of playing, I had to move and lost my play discs. I was too cheap to buy another one.
caster
I started playing HL2 again recently, I'm going to see what this is like, it looks interesting..
Bjorn
If I understand properly, you don't shoot anything, you just run around solving puzzles?

If that's the case then this game takes away my favorite part of HL2 and amps up my least favorite.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.