Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PC being weird
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Brohim
My parent's Dell has been weird lately.

Its pretty new...just had it for a few months.

Had been using google chrome. That stopped working. Tried IE. Worked at first...then it couldn't connect.

But the AOL program still works. Yes I know....who still uses AOL right? They do sometimes.

I dont get why AOL works but the others dont.

Anybody have any ideas?

I've restarted the airport and the computer but still no luck.
redls1bird
There are viruses that will block internet connections, or redirect open pages to others. My first thought is to download the latest version of Malwarebytes to a usb drive, install it and let it run. Its s great program. Try that and report back.
Brohim
I ran it and it said it got rid of 6 things. I restarted the computer and it still had the same problem.

Right now i'm running the program again to see if it didnt completely get rid of what it found the first time.
redls1bird
Do you know what it got rid of? i know it automatically stores a log file. I would get the names and reference them on google and see what kind of issues are associated with them.
Brohim
What it got rid of:

c:\system volume information\_restore{980886ce-dd04-4388-b29a-703a4e8bc6c2}\RP136\A0007276.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{980886ce-dd04-4388-b29a-703a4e8bc6c2}\RP139\A0007379.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{980886ce-dd04-4388-b29a-703a4e8bc6c2}\RP139\A0007385.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\system volume information\_restore{980886ce-dd04-4388-b29a-703a4e8bc6c2}\RP162\A0008128.sys (Rootkit.Rustock) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DR Fox\Application Data\wiaserva.log (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Pez
Have you got the latest versions of Chrome and IE? Have you tried Mozilla?

You can also try running ComboFix. It's helped me get rid of malware & viruses etc, that other programs couldn't.
porsche944
throw it out the window
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.