Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 22" or 24"?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Marien
My good old 19" died on me a couple of days ago. So I'm in the market for a new monitor. As I am spending money, I thought I'd go for something bigger this time. To my surprise, there are almost no >19" TFT's which aren't wide screen. I always though I didn't need a WS because I mostly do internet stuff, office applications and thing like MATLAB on my computer.

But if I want to go bigger than 19", I'll have to go WS. Now my question is 22" or 24", or more like 1680x1050 or 1920x1200. Is it worth the ~50 price difference?
Martin
If you use your screen to watch videos and such and move back a bit from your desk I'd recommend 24". If not, go for 22" cause its all you need if you sit quite close to your screen. Try a 24" in a store, test if you have to move your head to look at the corners of the screen at the same distance you have at home, if you do move your head go for a 22".
DB9
Not that it really matters, but I feel like 1680x1050 wallpapers are easier to find than the 1920x1200. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough though.
Diesel
all i can tell you is.. they will have pry my 24" Dell Ultrasharp from my cold dead hands... or til i get a new one to replace it.
infinity
I've got a 22 and it's definitely large enough for what I need it for. If you're going to be sitting close to it (i.e. at your computer at your desk), 24 might be a bit large.

I find even if I am several yards back from my 22 (if I'm watching TV or something), it is still large enough.
Aircooled
I got a 28 inch (around $320) and it seemed huge at first, but now I'm used to it. I sit around 2 foot away from it and think it is too small. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.