Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suzuki Cappucino
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > The Cool Wall > Cool
moe

The Suzuki Cappuccino is a small 2-door, 2-seater hard top roadster produced by Suzuki Motor Corporation. The vehicle was designed to meet Kei car specifications for lower tax and insurance in Japan. Weighing just 700 kg (1543 lb), the Cappuccino is powered by a three-cylinder, all-alloy 657 cc DOHC engine (just under the 660 cc maximum displacement allowed for a Kei car). Its dimensions also conformed to Kei car regulations on length and width, being 3295 mm (129.7 in) long and 1395 mm (54.9 in) wide.

Front-rear weight distribution is claimed to be 50/50% when both seats are occupied. Layout is front mid-engined and rear-wheel drive.

Three removable roof panels mean that the car can be used as a closed coupé; T-top; targa; or, on retraction of the rear window and roll bar, a full convertible. Roof panels stow in the trunk, and the rear window/rollcage assembly retracts into the body behind the seats.

It was originally equipped with the F6A engine: later models were fitted with a K6A engine which was lighter and had chain-driven, rather than belt-driven, camshafts and more torque. Both are DOHC 12-valve, inline 3-cylinder engines that were turbocharged and intercooled. Power output was a claimed 63 hp (47 kW) for Kei car purposes.

The Cappuccino featured 4-wheel disc brakes, possibly the first production iteration of electric power-assisted steering, aluminium double wishbone suspension and rear wheel drive. Production began in 1991 and ceased in 1997. The Cappuccino's closest competitor of the time were the Autozam AZ-1, Honda Beat and the Daihatsu Leeza Spyder. (The Autozam AZ-1, Honda Beat and Suzuki Cappuccino were together called the Sporty K-Car's ABC.)

The Suzuki Cappuccino is a small 2-door, 2-seater hard top roadster produced by Suzuki Motor Corporation. The vehicle was designed to meet Kei car specifications for lower tax and insurance in Japan. Weighing just 700 kg (1543 lb), the Cappuccino is powered by a three-cylinder, all-alloy 657 cc DOHC engine (just under the 660 cc maximum displacement allowed for a Kei car). Its dimensions also conformed to Kei car regulations on length and width, being 3295 mm (129.7 in) long and 1395 mm (54.9 in) wide.

Front-rear weight distribution is claimed to be 50/50% when both seats are occupied. Layout is front mid-engined and rear-wheel drive.

Three removable roof panels mean that the car can be used as a closed coupé; T-top; targa; or, on retraction of the rear window and roll bar, a full convertible. Roof panels stow in the trunk, and the rear window/rollcage assembly retracts into the body behind the seats.

It was originally equipped with the F6A engine: later models were fitted with a K6A engine which was lighter and had chain-driven, rather than belt-driven, camshafts and more torque. Both are DOHC 12-valve, inline 3-cylinder engines that were turbocharged and intercooled. Power output was a claimed 63 hp (47 kW) for Kei car purposes.

The Cappuccino featured 4-wheel disc brakes, possibly the first production iteration of electric power-assisted steering, aluminium double wishbone suspension and rear wheel drive. Production began in 1991 and ceased in 1997. The Cappuccino's closest competitor of the time were the Autozam AZ-1, Honda Beat and the Daihatsu Leeza Spyder. (The Autozam AZ-1, Honda Beat and Suzuki Cappuccino were together called the Sporty K-Car's ABC.)

In Initial D Fourth Stage, the Northern Saitama Alliance raced a red Cappuccino (with Sakamoto as its driver) in a desperate attempt to defeat Project D's Takumi Fujiwara and his Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86. The Cappuccino had a massive advantage going downhill, but the driver was not fully able to take advantage of the lighter weight of his car, due to inexperience with the vehicle and poor weather conditions. The Cappuccino is the only Suzuki car to feature in the Initial D franchise thus far.

Wikipedia

EVO's long-term Cappuccino
Lancer007
cool. no argument.
Razor
I was about to say "Well, cool, but the name makes it neutral." Then I saw the Fighter Engineering one. AWESOME.
Dr. Strangelove
In Japan, it would be uncool. In the USA, sub fucking zero.
clarkma5
It's my favorite of these little kei roadsters, though I like them all. I don't get the complaints about the name either, who cares?
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jul 2 2009, 05:23 PM) *
It's my favorite of these little kei roadsters, though I like them all. I don't get the complaints about the name either, who cares?

Would you care if it was called "Suzuki Preppy Bitch Drink"?
clarkma5
I'd chalk that up to it being Japanese, remove the badging, and drive it anyway.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jul 2 2009, 08:05 PM) *
I'd chalk that up to it being Japanese, remove the badging, and drive it anyway.

Fair enough, good approach, can't say I disagree. laugh.gif
Phix
midnightdorifto, you know EXACTLY what I voted for and WHY... and I know you'll be voting cool, too.
Cyclone
It's such a goofy looking little roadster. I love it!
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(Phix @ Jul 29 2009, 02:13 AM) *
midnightdorifto, you know EXACTLY what I voted for and WHY... and I know you'll be voting cool, too.

McKhaos
So ?
Still got fucked up by the 86 ! tongue.gif
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(McKhaos @ Aug 7 2009, 03:38 PM) *
So ?
Still got fucked up by the 86 ! tongue.gif

Goddamnit I want 5th Stage.
clarkma5
Haha I'm sorry but Initial D is just ridiculous.
Phix
You're the same guy who ruins jokes by bringing up actual physics.
Halflifehavock13

I'll just leave this here...
dukenukem
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Aug 12 2009, 11:13 AM) *

I'll just leave this here...

Failed hotlink?
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Aug 12 2009, 01:12 PM) *
Failed hotlink?

I see it fine. Otherwise, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/MultiTrackDrifting.jpg
addseo1115
the same guy who ruins jokes by bringing up actual physics.
ทางเข้า holiday
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.