Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audi TT-RS vs. Porsche Cayman S
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Mr b00st
Curious about opinions on this match-up. Tech specs and pics below.

Audi TT-RS
layout: transverse front engine, four wheel drive 2-door 4 passenger coupe
engine: 2.5L direct-injection I5, 4v/cylinder DOHC, turbocharged and intercooled
power: 335bhp@5400-6500rpm
torque: 332lb-ft@1600-5300rpm
Transmission: 6 speed manual
weight: 3197lbs
power/weight: 231bhp/ton
0-60: 4.6s
top speed: 155*

Porsche Cayman S
layout: longitudinal mid engine, rear wheel drive 2-door 2 passenger coupe
engine: 3.4L direct-injection horizontally opposed 6, 4v/cylinder DOHC
power: 315bhp@7200rpm
torque: 273lb-ft@4750rpm
transmission: 6 speed manual or 7-speed PDK
weight: 2976
power/weight: 234bhp/ton
0-60: 5.1s
top speed: 172mph

I personally would go for the Audi.
duality
seeing as how the cayman s is the holy grail of current gen sports cars, id go for that. i just love everything about it: the looks, ive read that it's probably the best porsche in the range, its dynamic....the most realistic dream car. perhaps the only thing in its genre to sway me away would be the Z4M.

plus, more than 40k pounds for a TT, no thanks. the tt-rs is just so...blah, although it does have a lush interior.
350Z
Hotlink fail.
But I would have the Cayman.
dukenukem
I would rather have the corvette thats being shown in the failed hotlinking attempt.
clarkma5
The Cayman's like one of my favorite cars ever so I'll take that, but the TT-RS is really incredible, I love it as well.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 29 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I would rather have the corvette thats being shown in the failed hotlinking attempt.

+1.

Make it a Grand Sport and I'm completely sold.
moe
Not even a question for me, Cayman.
Mr b00st
odd, both pictures work fine for me. and i'm just linking them from netcarshow...
dukenukem
Local cache.

moe
Boost, use the "direct link to image" near the top of the page from netcarshow, not the actual link from the address bar.
Frederf
Cayman S without fail.
MustangAficionado
Cayman S, but that's an unfairly hot pic. Mid-engine win. Not that the car needs it per-sa, but i want to see one with 350/300 N/A
moe
That's a TechArt Cayman for the record...not a stock one.
dukenukem
Am i the only one who is still seeing the hotlink failed images ?
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(moe @ May 30 2009, 04:22 AM) *
That's a TechArt Cayman for the record...not a stock one.

We've been famboozled!
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 30 2009, 09:31 AM) *
Am i the only one who is still seeing the hotlink failed images ?

Yes
dukenukem
Strange. I cleared my cache and deleted all the cookies .. still the same thing.
Mr b00st
fixed now.
moe
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 30 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Strange. I cleared my cache and deleted all the cookies .. still the same thing.

I couldn't see them either, I just followed the link the pictures.
Bjorn
I love the Cayman, but the TT-RS piques my interest.

I would have to drive them back to back, although unless the TT was mutha fuckin brilliant, I would go for the Cayman.
darinzon
mr just kills it.
b0mb3r
I can't imagine that the driver interaction between the car and the driver is better in the TT than cayman... remember TT is just hotted up MKV Golf.
moe
I've read some reviews of the TT-RS. Apparently Audi was wide of the mark...shame after the RS4, R8, and TT-S.
clarkma5
The edmunds review of the TT-RS positively slammed it, which I found odd considering the only other thing I've heard about this car is that it's faster around the 'ring than the R8 4.2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.