Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iPhone issue
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
nismo
Okay, well I haven't dropped it, submerged it in water, or anything. So that aside, I turned it on this morning, (3G) and the bottom half of the screen no longer works. I have searched, and I think I am just shy of the one year warranty, but I have all of the boxes and receipts. You can tell by looking at the phone that it's in perfect shape. Has anyone experienced this yet?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?t...93&tstart=0

There's a link to the thread coinciding with my issue.
Easton
it's because the new iphone is coming out soon so your current one is programmed to die!
nismo
Ugh, probably. I guess it's back to my BlackBerry until the third gen iPhone comes out.

Bye Bye Arrested Development on my phone. =[
Bjorn
Wow...now I'm kinda worried...I have an iPhone, and will have this phone for about another 22 months before I can upgrade.
nismo
Whoo, took it to the Apple Store, and they put it in a drawer, and gave me a new one, no questions asked. Now if only they would replace my macbook pro harddrive. wtff
Razor
QUOTE(nismo @ May 17 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Whoo, took it to the Apple Store, and they put it in a drawer, and gave me a new one, no questions asked. Now if only they would replace my macbook pro harddrive. wtff

Take it out, burn it, put it back in, and tell them you smelled smoke so you shut off the computer and brought it in. When they find it burnt, be like, "HOLY FUCK, I COULD HAVE BEEN BURNED IN MY SLEEP! NEW HD or LAWSUIT!!!"
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ May 17 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Take it out, burn it, put it back in, and tell them you smelled smoke so you shut off the computer and brought it in. When they find it burnt, be like, "HOLY FUCK, I COULD HAVE BEEN BURNED IN MY SLEEP! NEW HD or LAWSUIT!!!"

lmao nice.
Razor
QUOTE(shandyman5 @ May 17 2009, 10:22 PM) *
lmao nice.

Well, it's somewhat of a true story tongue.gif

When my MBP's power adapter failed, they said they wouldn't replace it because it was "accidental damage," and then I saw that the area around the actual plug was melted, and I mentioned that and they freaked out and asked if it had burned anything or caused any sort of damage. I said it hadn't but it very well could have if it had been on a fabric chair or my bed or something, and that it was unacceptable that their product had posed a fire hazard. They replaced it.
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ May 17 2009, 10:37 PM) *
Well, it's somewhat of a true story tongue.gif

When my MBP's power adapter failed, they said they wouldn't replace it because it was "accidental damage," and then I saw that the area around the actual plug was melted, and I mentioned that and they freaked out and asked if it had burned anything or caused any sort of damage. I said it hadn't but it very well could have if it had been on a fabric chair or my bed or something, and that it was unacceptable that their product had posed a fire hazard. They replaced it.

WIN lol
Cyclone
The digitizers on the iphone are prone to failure after so long. I replaced the one on my iPhone (1st gen) which wasn't too hard with a digitizer and lcd from a donated iphone with a fried logic board. Worked great till I dropped it on concrete and busted the screen. Even then I continued to use it... till I spilt beer onit.

About the MBP hd. Replace it yourself. It's not hard and it's a reason to upgrade.
nismo
I know it's not hard. It sucks because I have a 3 year extended warranty on it, and they said I dropped it, abut the computer has no damage. i just figured that it would be easier to have them replace it for free. Whatever apple.
Razor
QUOTE(nismo @ May 18 2009, 02:43 PM) *
I know it's not hard. It sucks because I have a 3 year extended warranty on it, and they said I dropped it, abut the computer has no damage. i just figured that it would be easier to have them replace it for free. Whatever apple.

BURN THE FUCKER!
shandyman5
QUOTE(Razor @ May 18 2009, 06:03 PM) *
BURN THE FUCKER!

LMFAO FTMFW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.