Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newbie here! pics i took of my car..
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
hafid
I basically went all over the city (phoenix/scottsdale) a few nights ago finding some places to take pics....beautiful 70 degree evening...

these are preivew pics so the quailty is considerably reduced...

for absolutely mongo and very high quailty pics, hit up my gallery (when you click on each pic you will see a link for "full size photo")

clarkma5
Nice mini....love the little driving lights...they give a lot of flair to both the car and to your pictures.

Electric Blue Cooper S....the only mini I'd ever get biggrin.gif
hafid
thanks! i forgot to add the setup:

camera: canon s45
basic tripod

most pics are 1.5-2 second exposures....all shot in manual mode with f of 2.8-3.2 mostly. the garage pics are a 1/2 second exposure with the one of the fog lights on having f 5.0
DakianDelomast
Wow man. We are really attracting some exellent photographers here. Beautiful mini and beautiful shots!
soarer
those pictures are awsome thumbs_up.gif
love the union jack on the roof

with all thoes lights on you could blind people verry well
gotvenm
well done... ! !

I miss Arizona...

Is that the Fashion Square and parking garage ?
hafid
that's the kireland commons parking garage (just opened)

thank you for the wonderful compliments smile.gif
wild_willy
woot.gif MINI biggrin.gif nice car
Those are great pics smile.gif
jbzonda
man, those r some damn awsome!!!!!!!, i love the mini! the 8th pic is the best!!!! i love that pic, theyre all really good nice job!! thumbs_up.gif
Easton
Your night shots are an inspiration! I wish I could have taken pics like that with my Powershot S45. I never experimented much with nightshots at all.
NorthPoint
First of all welcome to the forum!

Awesome pics of a really awesome car. thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

Gotta love the MINI. wub.gif
mogulmonster
Love the MINI, and those are some great shots.

<----has a new wallpaper. smile.gif
bankE46
sweet pics dude! im actually gonna be getting a cooper S soon... anything I should know as a buyer that you learned along the way?
White RSX
really nice, i love the wheels, great pics, welcome to the forums, and keep taking pictures
hafid
QUOTE(bankieWRX @ Mar 12 2004, 07:47 AM)
sweet pics dude! im actually gonna be getting a cooper S soon... anything I should know as a buyer that you learned along the way?

hey, great purchase - shoot me an IM or PM sometime and I'll share a couple of things...nothing major, this is a GREAT car. and after 9 months of ownership, i still drive it like i'm in the italian job smile.gif

again, i really appreciate these comments. i had no idea they would be so well-received. it's a great car to photograph and there are so many gorgeous places in arizona to shoot.

something about those blue palm trees... eek.gif
hafid
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Mar 12 2004, 07:09 AM)

<----has a new wallpaper. smile.gif

I'm curious - which one? and woot.gif ! smile.gif
BLacK FirE
wow those are really nice shots.
green73ta
Very nice! I love the new Mini Cooper. Welcome to the board.
mogulmonster
QUOTE(hafid @ Mar 12 2004, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Mar 12 2004, 07:09 AM)

<----has a new wallpaper.  smile.gif

I'm curious - which one? and woot.gif ! smile.gif

Using the 3rd pic, but the larger one from your gallery. biggrin.gif
5LiterMustang
damn, this site is flooding with really talented photographers.. its great
fiber optic
Great pics. I love the one with the blue trees.

How are you likin' that Mini?
RedLine
Those wheels are hot. Sellthem to me.
Tyler4
Wow, those pictures are great. Nice work. I really like the locations that you used.
Tyler
Mr b00st
i'm drooling, both at your photog skills and your car!
fallon
oooo nice cooper S! those are some kickin shots too, very nice
hafid
Wow, I continue to be amazed with your comments. This really is such a warm welcome to this forum!

To answer some questions:

redline: the wheels are ADR M Classic 17x7.5 - they don't make them anymore so I can't damage them otherwise I'm screwed. I really love the classic mesh look. Tires are goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3.

fiber optic - i truly am in love with this car. i've done a considerable about of mods....it's dyno'd at 192 hp right now. stock is 163. new exhaust, intake, and smaller SC pulley plus a few other things have all added to the gain in hp. the car is not dropped and i'm contemplating doing that...it's an extremeley stiff ride but the shocks are fantastic...it's still smooth - especially now that i've dumped those awful run flat tires for high performance ones.

arizona has some of the best roads in the country so i certainly don't have to worry about potholes.

i'm sent these to mr. diesel to see if he'd consider putting these in the user-submitted wallpapers gallery smile.gif

night shots fascinate me. the glow, the color balance, the vibrancy. i mean, the car is lovely to photograph but the locations certainly add to the picture. my favorite is actually the first one - that's the phoenix central library.

thank you again for all your comments, it's trully wonderful to hear what you think.

haf smile.gif
Mr b00st
i'd like to point at that you already have fans elsewhere on the net, i credited you smile.gif

http://speed.supercars.net/Board?viewThrea...ID=8&tID=109175
Mr b00st
Hafid, btw, did you ever consider the factory "works" package to retain warranty? I believe they've been out that long...
hafid
Mr boost! Thanks for giving me credit! I certainly appreciate it!

To add re: the Works package. It's $4700 (not including installation) for an additional 37 hp. Yes, you do keep the warranty but that's a lot of extra cash. I've spent almost 2,000 and managed to do considerably more. I'm a few horses short of the works package right now. A friend has an MCS with the Works package though, certainly is nice.
bobwilliamson121
Wow. Great pics hafid.

I look forward to having my Cooper S when June finally rolls around tongue.gif

What camera did you use to shoot these photos? I have a Fuji, but it simply wont take any night shots?
capt_spaghetti
thanks! i forgot to add the setup:

camera: canon s45
basic tripod

most pics are 1.5-2 second exposures....all shot in manual mode with f of 2.8-3.2 mostly. the garage pics are a 1/2 second exposure with the one of the fog lights on having f 5.0

Right there in his second post.
turbobrick
where was that first picture taken? Those are some nice pictures. I live in Mesa so there's no cool buildings here.
hafid
turbobrick - the first picture is the phoenix library (downtown)
PAULIE_D
Keep 'em coming.

Stunningly beautiful pics, bro. thumbs_up.gif
Diesel
i think this post definitely belongs in photography. simply amazing. and yes i'll add all the bigger images you have to the user submitted section on the next update.
Mr b00st
hey, credit where credit is due!
Avalon
Excellent pictures and locations. I'm very envious of your car as well. 1 small tip though: In the pictures where the headlights were head on, they are a little to bright and tend to make the picture darker. Next time, bring a tripod along and set the shutter speed for a sufficent time on the Av setting so that you can run and jump in your car, and flash the lights on, and then off. The shutter will have to be several seconds long, and you won't be caught in the picture since the exposure time is so long. It's probably easier to have a friend sit in the car and do it for you though, and duck his/her head down if you don't want him/her to be seen.
hafid
Avalon, that's a really great idea! I was using a tripod in all the pics but obviously a long exposure like that with the lights on the entire time certainly make the lights too bright. Much agreed on that point.

Once feature I can use with this camera is set different focus points with my aperture so that on the lights I may have a stronger setting leaving the rest of the picture wider open to balance the lighting a bit better.

Many things to try, thanks for the tip though! I'll be sure to take an assistant with me next time smile.gif
hafid
thanks to diesel for putting these in the user-submitted gallery!!! eek.gif woot.gif
Viper007Bond
AWESOME shots, but sorry, I'll always see the Mini as a chick's car. Well, at least it's an S. thumbs_up.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.