Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mercedes Benz C63 AMG
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > The Cool Wall > Cool
dukenukem

The Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG is the most potent version of the German automaker's C-Class sedan. The car delivers a whopping 457 horsepower, putting it comfortably ahead of BMW's all-new M3. With that amount of performance on tap, and a price to match the M3, Mercedes looks to steal at least a few sales away from its cross-country rival.

Tech Specs

Engine Type - Gas V8
Displacement - 6.3L/379
Horsepower @ RPM - 451 @ 6800
Torque @ RPM - 443 @ 5000
Drivetrain - RWD
Transmission - 7 speed Speedshift with manual mode
Curb Weight - 3649 lbs
Razor
BMW M3 Sedan: I handle better!
C63: Fuck you, I'm insane!
Audi RS4: I'm more refined!
C63: Fuck you, I'm insane!
Lexus IS-F: I'm... oh wait.
C63: Exactly. But fuck you anyway, I'm INSANE!

Cool.
clarkma5
It's reasonably badass but that's cancelled out by the chunky styling and automatic-only. Plus, how cool are Mercedes, really?

Neutral.
MustangAficionado
They used a big engine so it actually has toque. And it's a front heavy tail happy deamon which if you ever hear it flogged in person you should have your ballz revoked if you still say it isnt cool.

And you know Merc could have sold this car for more like they tend to do, but they made it priced alike to the M3. I'd honestly rather have this car 29 days out of the month over an M3.
OHirtenfelder
Cool. Full Stop. Razor puts it so well.
Anyone who thinks it isn't cool has to drive it. I have driven both the sedan and the estate, and they fuckin rock. It does not matter what anyone thinks of Merc, or 'how cool are they really'..... drive this thing and you WILL KNOW it is cool.It is really one of the most entertaining drives you will ever have. No Arguments.
moe
Gives the M3 a real run for its money, while maintaining its own distinct character. Cool.
duality
My favorite Merc atm...I saw one the other day, and it really looks and sounds superb.
Bjorn
I really like the new C class. Every time I see one I admire it.

The C63 AMG on the other hand, looks a bit too body-kitish for my tastes. Also, I would feel like a huge dork every time I saw an E90 M3.
dukenukem
I really like the new C63. It sounds absolutely fantastic ... 10/10 on the noise it makes. It also has a wild side which is refreshing for a Mercedes and while it cant hold a candle to the M3 in terms of track performance, AMG atleast took one step in that direction compared to the last model. Its my 2nd choice of the lot .. first obviously has to be the CTS-V.
caster
It may not handle as well as the M3, but this thing is still a beast, it gets a well deserving COOL.
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Bjorn @ Apr 24 2009, 10:18 PM) *
I really like the new C class. Every time I see one I admire it.

The C63 AMG on the other hand, looks a bit too body-kitish for my tastes. Also, I would feel like a huge dork every time I saw an E90 M3.

You've feel like a dork next to a four-door M3? Or are you picturing a M3 coup like everyone seems to do?
Bjorn
I think the four door M3 is a much better looking car than the C63 AMG, and from what I have read it is a bit more of a scalpel to the AMG's axe (meaning it better suits my personal taste).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.