Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bathing Ape SL
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
moe

Japanese fashion designer, Nigo, posted a teaser picture of his latest car project on his blog earlier today, and the new car has just broken cover.

Nigo was behind Japanese clothing label Bathing Ape’s pink Bugatti Veyron and camouflaged Phantom. Ordinarily this wouldn’t be of a great deal of interest to DR, but the teaser picture posted earlier was rather intriguing.

It showed a plaque bearing the words ‘Mercedes Benz 300SL 6.0 V8 – Built by AMG for Bape General’. Suggesting a gullwing Merc with the old straight six replaced by AMG with one of its newer powerplants.

Well, in the last few minutes Nigo has posted pictures of the finished car in his blog, and you can see the results in the gallery. There are no details on the specs of the car, but we’ll bring you those as soon as we can.

With its matt camouflage paint job, modern wheels and lowered stance, it’s a car that’s sure to split opinion in a fairly spectacular fashion

Source: DR
Razor
Fuck them. FUCK THEM. That is so unfortunate. sad.gif
Marien
This is blasphemy! Those wheel especially!
OHirtenfelder
Fuck them. FUCK THEM.

I could not agree more wholeheartedly.
moe
The paintjob is just stupid, but I actually like the modifications. I would love to own a 300SL Gullwing, but anyone that thinks it would be something other than a garage queen has lost touch with reality. I think the modifications (which have been carried out by AMG mind you), would make it drivable everyday. If I remember correctly the Gullwings (which were primarily designed for the track, not the road) had a tendency to overheat.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Apr 9 2009, 10:07 AM) *
The paintjob is just stupid, but I actually like the modifications. I would love to own a 300SL Gullwing, but anyone that thinks it would be something other than a garage queen has lost touch with reality. I think the modifications (which have been carried out by AMG mind you), would make it drivable everyday. If I remember correctly the Gullwings (which were primarily designed for the track, not the road) had a tendency to overheat.

I have no problem with AMG's modifications... they seem pretty damn cool, actually. It's like those modern-day rebuilds of Camaros. I am livid because they ruined a rare and extremely beautiful car.
nismo
Lets all hope that it's only vinyl wrapped. =X
fiber optic
QUOTE(nismo @ Apr 9 2009, 09:23 AM) *
Lets all hope that it's only vinyl wrapped. =X

It does look like vinyl. Or maybe some type of semi-gloss paint.

Ditch the chrome mirrors and reshoot it and I think it would be a winner.
nismo
Hmm, if they vinyl wrapped all the chrome pieces in black, I think it would actually look pretty badass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.