Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Dieselstation Forums Forza Motorsport 2 Tournament
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Phix

I want to try and put together a tournament for the forums involving Forza Motorsport 2. In order to be eligible to participate you have to be two things:

1) You MUST be a member of the forums
2) You obviously have to own a copy of the game, you dumbfuck

Now, before I get to the round ideas etc. etc. there's also some rules I'm proposing for the first season of the tournament which may or may not carry over depending on people bitching:

1) Assists are allowed for you pussys.
2) Clean racing all the time. Accidents happen especially in Forza 2 but if you deliberately drive backwards or deliberately weave around the track in a threatening/unsporting manner you'll get banned
3) We'll cross this bridge when we get there...

Now, the number of rounds and when they'll be held is still something I'm working on. I'd like to know if you people are interested and what times you're available for a good race. The number of laps is also up to debate. We could, for instance, either do one large race at a single track (i.e. 20 to 30 laps) or we could do 2 to 5 races with minimal laps (4 to 6 or even less for you pussies) a day. Or we could mix and match so day 1 would be one large race, day 2 3 mini-races etc. etc....

I'd rather do the mix and match idea with the points system I just made up. So, for the BIG SINGLE races we can do:

1st = 30pts
2nd = 25pts
3rd = 20pts
3th = 15pts
4th = 10pts
5th = 5pts

and for the MINI-RACES we could use this point scale for EACH round done on the day

1st = 10pts
2nd = 8pts
3rd = 7pts
4th = 6pts
5th = 5pts
6th = 4pts
7th = 3pts
8th = 2pts

We could also reward a point for fastest lap per race as well for both feature races (long races) and the sprints (mini races).

Of course, once I finalize the rounds we can decide (or if you want I can choose randomly) what classes of cars, if upgrades are allowed for that round or not etc. etc.

So, anyone interested and any feedback/suggestions?
clarkma5
I don't like the no ABS thing because I've been using a control layout for the last 4+ years that pretty much requires the use of ABS to compete...so to go without ABS, I have to get used to a new control layout, which takes too much effort for me to really bother with, so I guess I'm out.
Phix
Ok, so I've decided that I'll allow assists. ABS for sure and if people want I can allow TCS, STM, and even racing line if you really want it.
clarkma5
I vote down racing line, it really is too helpful. Use it to learn the track but leave it off on race day, that's what I say. And I personally won't touch STM with a ten foot pole but I guess if you're allowing ABS it doesn't make a lot of sense to not allow STM.
MustangAficionado
I use ABS and the braking line. Never played GT3 with any lines obviously, but never thought to take off the braking lines off so I'm used to em on all the tracks. But I could try otherwise. ABS I need for sure.

I like the idea of smaller races. If we get everyone together that's a rare occurrence so we should do many small races. But the idea of a 20-30 lap race where you spin out and damage your car with simulation damage on the 3rd lap and watching the rest/losing all those point sucks. Yes this is how real life works, but they get paid - we're doing it for fun.

Class is a big deal. Maybe have certain races with certain classes.

I think after this tournament we should do teams. Certain people are better at certain tracks (a few i never even race), and others at tuning as well. Plus then you could get together and play around without having to coordinate the whole forum on at one time.
Phix
Well, in regards to classes, I'll most likely just make it so Race 1 is say R1s, Race 2 is D, Race 3 is S etc. etc.

Yeah, I suppose there's always the risk of spinning out / crashing / retiring. We'll start off with the sprint races and if people are up for it we can do a long race.
Phix
Updated OP with picture courtesy of FlawlesDouche.
Razor
Mmm, good idea. 350Z and I were discussing something like this a little while ago. I'm in. I'll use ABS, TCS, and the line, but nothing else.
350Z
Im in and I use ABS if we can include that.
Ozi
What platform will you guys be playing in ? I am also interested but it seems that Forza 2 is a ps3/xbox360 game...

EDIT: OH CRAP just realized its only for 360... I only have a ps3 and a gaming desktop sad.gif no xbox for me
MustangAficionado
Not that I don't sometimes use it on cars like the AC Cobra ect. But why do you use TCS, you drive mainly AWD cars. It slows AWD cars down a lot and adds a bunch of understeer. Understeer on the 'ring kills.
Flaw
I'll have my parents bring my copy down this Sunday, since I only brought CoD: WaW and MF to school this semester.
350Z
You should probably let people use which ever assists they want.
MustangAficionado
Yeah, honestly none of them give anyone an advantage. People who race w/out any wont go any faster with them. Therefore there's no reason to limit what people are accustomed to.
Phix
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 12:15 AM) *
Ok, so I've decided that I'll allow assists. ABS for sure and if people want I can allow TCS, STM, and even racing line if you really want it.

BTW, you guys should post your gamertags in here.
Phix
Oh, and a crucial point which I was thinking about... it's kind of controversial and I don't really feel like doing it but...

Do you guys want to race with full collision on or no collision? So cars just go through other cars instead of hitting.

Reason being is that we all come from different skill levels and, sure, you may not have slammed into the back of the guy in front of you intentionally but it does tend to ruin races. Just a thought.

AND... grid positions will be set to random.
350Z
It depends, I have no problem waiting to pass but when people try and block and just fuck me and them up then it gets annoying.
Phix
Well, people are allowed to defend, sure. It depends on the corner, naturally. We'll see how it works out.
Razor
Gamertag: RThirty2
350Z
Spirit Furtive
Phix
Ahh, I'm still at the top of the friends list time sheet on all the time trials I've so far done. Excellent.
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 06:41 PM) *
Ahh, I'm still at the top of the friends list time sheet on all the time trials I've so far done. Excellent.

What's your best 'Ring time?
mung35
I'm in!

Gamer tag: munjalm

I need to re-activate my XBL
Phix
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 8 2009, 06:54 PM) *
What's your best 'Ring time?

I haven't got to the 'ring yet. I'm doing the time trials in order.
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 06:56 PM) *
I haven't got to the 'ring yet. I'm doing the time trials in order.

Oh I'm just talking about Hot Lap/fastest overall time, preferably R1.
Phix
I still don't know considering I've yet to race on the Nurburgring with an R1 on this save.

I don't evne know how to check.

Gee, Razor, what's YOURS? Sub 5 minutes?
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 07:22 PM) *
Gee, Razor, what's YOURS? Sub 5 minutes?

No, that's my 1-mile on a track IRL. Beat that with sufficient proof and I'll send you $100.

My 'Ring time is 6:27.545 in the R10 TDI.
MustangAficionado
Two Eighty One

Collisions or not I don't really care. i can be patient. Maybe on the short races turn it off. Long races leave it on but maybe turn down damage to middle.
Phix
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 8 2009, 07:28 PM) *
No, that's my 1-mile on a track IRL. Beat that with sufficient proof and I'll send you $100.

What do you deem to be sufficient proof?
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 07:36 PM) *
What do you deem to be sufficient proof?

Dunno, I'd have to think about that one.
350Z
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 11:41 PM) *

Time trials mean nothing!
Phix
QUOTE(350Z @ Apr 8 2009, 07:45 PM) *
Time trials mean nothing!

They're a given track on with a given car which doesn't allow upgrades. On the contratry, I say it really shows your ability on how quickly you adapt to change.

QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 8 2009, 07:45 PM) *
Dunno, I'd have to think about that one.

Wait, what? Then to hell with you. The burden of proof is on YOU.

PROVE to ME that you did that time.
350Z
I would say that your ability to tune a car is equal to if not greater than your driving skill. That said im like mustang in that im not an amazing driver but I make good cars.
Phix
I certainly wouldn't call tuning GREATER than the driving. I'll agree that tuning and driving go to hand. After all, what's the point of setting up a car if you can't even take it to the limit?
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Wait, what? Then to hell with you. The burden of proof is on YOU.

PROVE to ME that you did that time.

I could have a couple guys on my cross country team and my coach email you, but am I going to? Probably not, for their sake, but I'll let you think what you want. tongue.gif

EDIT: Here's the only picture I have even relating to it, it's the time from the watch that timed it. Does it really prove anything? No, unless you trust me.
Mile Record
350Z
Ok that makes sense but for me I would say the reason I can take the cars to the limit is the tuning.
MustangAficionado
Tuning/making excellent cars helps you and your friends and can send some money your way if they are known to be good. Being a excellent driver just means you get $3k when the race is done.
I like sending my cars off and seeing what people like in a car, for me that more fun than going around the same track 40 times trying to shave a tenth off.

When do people wanna log on tonight and just play around?
Halflifehavock13
<-- Got the red rings of death last week.

head.gif
Phix
Hey, Razor, the Porsche in the 'Ring time trial is capable of doing a sub 6 minute lap. So, I just have to beat your time with that car and I'll get that $100. My fucking time on the fucking scoreboard should be proof enough.
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 09:43 PM) *
Hey, Razor, the Porsche in the 'Ring time trial is capable of doing a sub 6 minute lap. So, I just have to beat your time with that car and I'll get that $100. My fucking time on the fucking scoreboard should be proof enough.

I was talking about MY MILE TIME in REAL LIFE, actually, sir.
MustangAficionado
I dunno how he didn't get that. You pretty much said your 1-mile time in real life is 5 mins.
Cyclone
I'm in for this shit. My gamertag is CyclonesWorld
Phix
QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 8 2009, 07:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Razor @ Apr 8 2009, 09:55 PM) *
I was talking about MY MILE TIME in REAL LIFE, actually, sir.

QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Apr 8 2009, 10:26 PM) *
I dunno how he didn't get that. You pretty much said your 1-mile time in real life is 5 mins.

See that? See the bold in the first quoted post? Yeah, that's what I mean. As in I won't ahve to use the R10 to beat your record.

Gee, I dunno how you guys didn't get that.
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 10:40 PM) *
See that? See the bold in the first quoted post? Yeah, that's what I mean. As in I won't ahve to use the R10 to beat your record.

You don't get a hundred bucks for that, though. Good job anyway.
clarkma5
Wow what a huge bitchfest.
hexagone
apparently I own an xbox 360?

Maybe I can play.
Phix
I thought you sold it, hex?
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(Phix @ Apr 8 2009, 07:40 PM) *

You're going to need the big bottle, make that two of em
Phix
QUOTE(MustangAficionado @ Apr 9 2009, 01:25 AM) *
You're going to need the big bottle, make that two of em

I'm at a complete loss at what you mean.
moe
My roommates's gamer tag is Osav117. I might jump in, but I'd probably just embarrass myself. I've never really played Forza for any amount of time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.