Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > The Cool Wall > Frozen
Phix

The third and final generation of the RX-7, FD (with FD3S for the JDM and JM1FD for the USA VIN), was an outright, no-compromise sports car by Japanese standards. It featured an aerodynamic, futuristic-looking body design (a testament to its near 11-year lifespan). The 13B-REW was the first-ever mass-produced sequential twin-turbocharger system to export from Japan, boosting power to 255 PS (188 kW; 252 hp) in 1993 and finally 280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp) by the time production ended in Japan in 2002.

Technical Specifications

Drivetrain: Front Engine / RWD
Engine: 1.3L TT 13B-REW rotary engine - 255hp to 280hp depending on year
Transmission: 5-spd manual OR 4-spd automatic
Weight: 1282kg (2826lb)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FD3S#Third_generation_.28FD.29
Phix
You just don't get any cooler in terms of Japanese cars from the mid '90s to the early '00s than the FD3S. My God, is there anything more beautiful than this? /fanboy swoon
moe
QUOTE(Phix @ Mar 25 2009, 11:42 AM) *
You just don't get any cooler in terms of Japanese cars from the mid '90s to the early '00s than the FD3S. My God, is there anything more beautiful than this? /fanboy swoon

In complete, complete fanboy agreement. On a side note, the FD is the first car I truly fell in love with. My favorites are the early models, pre-facelift, without bodykits, spoilers, etc. God they are gorgeous.
350Z
This pushes all the right buttons. Cool.
Phix
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 25 2009, 07:21 AM) *
In complete, complete fanboy agreement. On a side note, the FD is the first car I truly fell in love with. My favorites are the early models, pre-facelift, without bodykits, spoilers, etc. God they are gorgeous.

The final Spirit R's are just amazing to look at although I prefer the non-plate mount front bumpers...
Zenix13
the rx-7 still gives me a boner
clarkma5
I'll admit to being the guy who voted neutral. RX-7s just do nothing for me.
dukenukem
Cant deny facts .. mazda hit the bullseye with this one. Awesome car.
midnightdorifto
This car makes no one sleep in Tokyo.

Cool.
shawn
Sounds good to me!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.