Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Volkswagen CC
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > The Cool Wall > Uncool
clarkma5
The VW Passat CC (just called the VW CC in North America. CC stands for "Comfort Coupe") is a 4-door "coupe"-style vehicle like the Mercedes-Benz CLS that offers a more sporty and luxurious take on the Passat theme while using most of its mechanicals. The car is lower, longer, wider, and on a longer wheelbase than the normal sedan/wagon and uses all-new sheet metal.

European models get a variety of TFSI and TDI motors along with a top-dog 3.6 liter VR6 with 300 HP and 4motion all-wheel drive connected to a 6-speed DSG box (which is also available on most of the rest of the range). The US model gets the base 2.0 liter turbo from the standard car (200 HP, 207 ft.-lbs. of torque) with either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed tiptronic while the VR6 produces 280 HP and 265 ft.-lbs. of torque, again connecting to 4motion and with a 6-speed tiptronic box (DSG in the Gold Coast Edition). The interior pulls heavily from the standard Passat but gets available two-tone leather on the sport seats and the rear goes from a 3-passenger bench to a sportier 2-person affair. Add on some chrome bits, a unique steering wheel, and different iPod connectivity and you've got a CC.

Mainly, though, it's just pretty. Prices start at $27,100 for the 2.0T.

This is the Gold Coast Edition:

Notice the frameless windows:
duality
cool; gold coast edition is pimping.
Phix
Uncool. It's way too pretentious.
Cyclone
Dunno why but to me it seems the car is trying to be something it's not. I'm going with Uncool
moe
Although on the face of it, it seems like a pretty cool car, I can't help but think of it as a wannabe CLS. Uncool.
fiber optic
If there's something cool about this I sure can't find it.
Zenix13
this is something i would expect from the more luxury type german companies, but something about this car is just kind of meh for me.
dukenukem
Uncool.
moe
I saw one in the flesh today, and in no way is it a cut-price CLS. In fact, I'd say it's less attractive than the stock car, and borders on generic. It looks almost Japanese or Korean. The regular Passat has that solid, German look to it, whereas the CC just looks like a wannabe Mazda6. It's not the low-slung, 4-door coupe it's made out to be in the photos...it's just a regular family sedan.
4wheelfreak
Looks fast without being so- Uncool
Pez
porsche944
^^WHAT AN EYE!

he can stay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.