Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are the Crankshafted guys ever gonna rejoin DS?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic > Legends
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mitlov
Phix, Cyclone, Green73ta, Pinecone, etc. Several folks quit posting on DS and wanted a more "enthusiast-oriented" forum or something like that (because you know we spend a lot of time on minivans and hybrids here at DS...but that's for another discussion entirely).

Anyway, out of curiosity, I checked by and CS appears to be just about dead. Last post on the main page was January 9th. Last post in the showroom (like DS's car garage) was January 26th. Last post in good car/bad car was January 10th. As for the racing subforums, Feb 24th for Formula 1, January 4th for rallying, and December 5th for miscellaneous.

So have all the folks who left DS to go to CS now given up car forums entirely, or what?
Benny
we didnt loose much.

other than donny sad.gif
dukenukem
I think most of those guys just gave up on online forums. i know CS isnt exactly buzzing with activity right now.
Benny
phix joined the taliban
350Z
They can always come back with their tails between their legs.
Razor
Phix is never coming back, and Cyclone jumps in here every now and again. Dunno about the others, though.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 9 2009, 04:41 PM) *
Phix is never coming back

I have heard that line a few times before.
clarkma5
He has genuinely fallen off the face of the planet at this point. I think he's gone for good.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 9 2009, 06:05 PM) *
He has genuinely fallen off the face of the planet at this point. I think he's gone for good.

He doesn't idle IRC anymore either?
clarkma5
No he's been gone for months.
Razor
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 9 2009, 06:18 PM) *
No he's been gone for months.

I've seen him on XBL. Maybe next time he's on I'll try to chat him, but the chances of him accepting said invite is basically nil.
Benny
he was a douche anyways.
DB9
Green73ta always had some pretty good input into the forums, so I'll miss him.

Pinecone was kind of a nut, but in a good way.

The other too I won't miss as much honestly. But I wouldn't exactly hate it if they came back.
Mitlov
QUOTE(DB9 @ Mar 9 2009, 04:28 PM) *
Green73ta always had some pretty good input into the forums, so I'll miss him.

Me too.

Pinecone was kind of a nut, but in a good way.

Deliberate pun?
DB9
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 9 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Me too.
Deliberate pun?

HAHA I swear i didn't even see that till you pointed it out.
moe
i don't really miss anyone other cyclone.
infinity
I didn't even notice they were gone.
Cyclone
I lurk here from time to time. Phix is MIA, I pissed him off disappeared.

CS is slow but not dead, I'm just lazy.
Benny
just btw phix is back happy2.gif
Phix
QUOTE(Benny @ Mar 9 2009, 04:40 PM) *
we didnt loose much.

other than donny sad.gif

QUOTE(Benny @ Mar 9 2009, 04:45 PM) *
phix joined the taliban

QUOTE(Benny @ Mar 9 2009, 06:55 PM) *
he was a douche anyways.

QUOTE(Benny @ Mar 20 2009, 09:26 PM) *
just btw phix is back happy2.gif

:|
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Mar 20 2009, 10:53 PM) *

Benny
QUOTE(Phix @ Mar 20 2009, 06:53 PM) *

i figured if i insulted you enough, you'd come back.
(it worked)
Cyclone
I caught him on XBL and told him to come back. Though I think he left again
moe
Dammit, he was actually making DS (more) interesting.
Razor
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 22 2009, 03:45 PM) *
I caught him on XBL and told him to come back. Though I think he left again

LOOK, A CORGI!
porschedream
What is CS?
Mitlov
QUOTE(porschedream @ Mar 22 2009, 08:22 PM) *
What is CS?

Crankshafted.com. When Cyclone and a couple others got really pissed at Ketan, they went and formed this other forum that's generally similar in format to DS. It hasn't really taken off.
Cyclone
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 23 2009, 10:42 AM) *
Crankshafted.com. When Cyclone and a couple others got really pissed at Ketan, they went and formed this other forum that's generally similar in format to DS. It hasn't really taken off.

Don't hate because you were banned in .10 seconds. Also the general consensus is that Dieselstation has gone downhill dramatically since Ketan purchased it. It may be more successful now but the original members all share the same opinion. To each his own, I'm not a big fan and I don't really visit the main page much now. If other peoples love it, that's cool and all. If Ketan is making $$$$$ off it, good for him.

Also if you don't like Crankshafted, fine. I don't care. But making petty insults torwards my site constantly like you enjoy doing is just childish and annoying as hell. Please find something else better to do with your time.

PD, if you want to check it, go to the link in my signature. You're can form your own opinion instead of having mitlov constantly shit on my work all the time.
Mitlov
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 23 2009, 09:08 PM) *
Don't hate because you were banned in .10 seconds. Also the general consensus is that Dieselstation has gone downhill dramatically since Ketan purchased it. It may be more successful now but the original members all share the same opinion. To each his own, I'm not a big fan and I don't really visit the main page much now. If other peoples love it, that's cool and all. If Ketan is making $$$$$ off it, good for him.

Also if you don't like Crankshafted, fine. I don't care. But making petty insults torwards my site constantly like you enjoy doing is just childish and annoying as hell. Please find something else better to do with your time.

PD, if you want to check it, go to the link in my signature. You're can form your own opinion instead of having mitlov constantly shit on my work all the time.

How precisely is saying that it's similar in format to DS "shitting on your work"? Compare DS, CS, CarTalkCanada, Car & Driver forums, Inside Line forums, VWVortex forums, and Automobile Magazine forums, and tell me that DS and CS are not very similar in format in the grand scheme of things. How is saying that CS "hasn't really taken off" "shitting on your work"? Note the amount of weekly posts on CS and tell me that the forum has taken off. Both are factual statements, not insults. If you can't deal with the facts, that's your problem, not mine.

I've taken potshots at CS before, and I don't particularly feel that I have any reason to apologize for those potshots. It's certainly a two-way street. But my response to PD's question "what is CS?" was not insulting. It was factual and straightforward. And considering that he was asking about the meaning of an acronym that I had used, I don't think it's so shocking that I answered his question.
clarkma5
Mitlov: I agree that you were being factual and neutral in your description to PD, but I do have to agree with cyclone that making this thread in the first place was pretty passive aggressive...you've historically taken some effort to point out that CS is not successful, and this thread continues that trend by basically asking "hey, have those guys who left admitted defeat yet?"
Benny
RABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERA
BBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE
Cyclone
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 24 2009, 01:19 AM) *
How precisely is saying that it's similar in format to DS "shitting on your work"? Compare DS, CS, CarTalkCanada, Car & Driver forums, Inside Line forums, VWVortex forums, and Automobile Magazine forums, and tell me that DS and CS are not very similar in format in the grand scheme of things. How is saying that CS "hasn't really taken off" "shitting on your work"? Note the amount of weekly posts on CS and tell me that the forum has taken off. Both are factual statements, not insults. If you can't deal with the facts, that's your problem, not mine.

I've taken potshots at CS before, and I don't particularly feel that I have any reason to apologize for those potshots. It's certainly a two-way street. But my response to PD's question "what is CS?" was not insulting. It was factual and straightforward. And considering that he was asking about the meaning of an acronym that I had used, I don't think it's so shocking that I answered his question.

What exactly is the entire point of this thread? Do you expect me to honestly believe you give a shit if phix or myself, or anyone else you mentioned, post here? The whole thread just seems full of "hey what is CS up to? Oh, it's really slow over there, lol" douchebaggery. Obviously you expected to get some sort of response from this thread, and you did. I'm here now telling you I think you're a douche, you're a terrible addition to this forum, majority of people dislike you and in all honesty, Dieselstation would probably be a better place without you.

With that said, I see that I'm not missing much by not posting here and I'm going back into hiding. I'll be at my site doing my thing. Honestly, I couldn't give two fucks if anyone else joins. I think I'd rather post on an empty forum than read another letter of doucheness coming from Mitlov.
Mitlov
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 23 2009, 10:26 PM) *
What exactly is the entire point of this thread? Do you expect me to honestly believe you give a shit if phix or myself, or anyone else you mentioned, post here?

Yeah. Actually, I do. Here's a post from six months ago since I doubt you'll take my word for it. Not that I expect either you or Clarkma5 to believe me, but this was actually the reason I posted this thread. DS is a better place with both you and Phix. As much as I think you two are total fucking douchebags, I mean that.

QUOTE(Mitlov @ Sep 17 2008, 05:00 PM) *
Ketan,

Thanks for the explanation.

(1) Sure, there had been some personal drama, but it's an internet forum. Personal drama happens on the internet. It's unavoidable. In addition to that personal drama, both Cyclone and Phix do know their shit about cars, and frequently contributed positively to forum discussions on that front. In my opinion, the fact that a member of a forum does not get along with a portion of the other members should not result in a ban if they frequently contribute positively to on-topic discussions, which both Phix and Cyclone did. That's the reasoning a lot of members used when they asked clarkma5 to unban me, and I think it's equally applicable here.

(2) I think this is merely a case of over-the-top rhetoric that probably should not have been taken at face value. Obviously, if they really didn't want dieselstation.com to exist, they would have left voluntarily, long ago. But they didn't. Ever been in an apartment with some leaky plumbing, and said at a moment of frustration "I'd be better off living in my car"? You don't really mean it literally, it's just venting with over-the-top rhetoric. Ever had your car break down and say to yourself "I really ought to just pour gasoline on this POS and burn it"? Once again, you don't really mean it. It's just cathartic venting.

As much as I personally don't like either Phix or Cyclone, I think it's safe to say (1) the two of them are definitely good for the overall health and activity of this board, and (2) if Phix's ban is not undone, it sounds from this thread that we could lose several more regulars, reducing DS's forums to a veritable ghost town. For these reasons, I wholeheartedly encourage you to lift Phix's ban.

I know that the forums are not your primary source of income, but given that there are some banner ads in the forums (one per page for logged-in members, and several for guests reading the debates), I'm guessing that the forums do contribute somewhat to your income from this site. So not only would lifting Phix's ban be nice for the other members of this forum (not one of whom has stated that he thinks Phix should stay banned), but it would probably be good for the overall level of discussion and traffic on the forum, which may serve your own interests as well.
dukenukem
SHUT THE FUCK UP EVERYONE.
maxima302
Who cares, its the fucking internet cran.gif I hope you all aren't this dramatic in real life.
clarkma5
^^ can't go wrong with a post like that! Wow, you look so wise and mature! Thank you, maxima, for your enlightening words </sarcasm>

I say, gloves are off, let the bitchfest continue. We could use some more of these around here.
Benny
you know what mitlov.

fuck off.
Cyclone
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 24 2009, 01:54 AM) *
Yeah. Actually, I do. Here's a post from six months ago since I doubt you'll take my word for it. Not that I expect either you or Clarkma5 to believe me, but this was actually the reason I posted this thread. DS is a better place with both you and Phix. As much as I think you two are total fucking douchebags, I mean that.

I do want to point out this

QUOTE(Dieselstation @ Sep 17 2008, 07:36 PM) *
Hi Guys,

There are couple of reason why I had banned Phix & Cyclone:

1. I have frequently seen them a lot involved in personal conflicts with several members, which is there-by leading to lot of personal dramas per se.
2. Recently when the server went down during the move, they both worded strongly against the existence of dieselstation.com. They want the dieselstation.com to go to Hell then why should they visit us.

Those are two reason why I had banned them. I would like to hear from you guys what you have to say.

Around the time I was banned, I hadn't posted anything of relevance in months. I do believe I may have mentioned something about DS being down in irc but saying it should "go to hell" was never something I said. I could produce logs to prove that if needed, I know you're a lawyer work at a law firm and love evidence... As far as phix getting banned, I don't know, I can't speak for him.

Your message, although appreciated, didn't get anywhere as Ketan neither unbanned myself or Phix.

I feel like you're trying to become 'Mayor of Dieselstation' in a sense. One of your very first posts was about how you thought the moderators should be rethought or punished for not following the rules. See thread here: http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=18308

It's good to see that you think I'm a douche as well. At least the feeling is mutual. But I have a feeling you grossly outdouche me by a lonnngggshot.
Phix
You know, Cyclone and I went on to CS hoping to have a community that was similar to the old DS. Before you, essentially, showed up and tried to formalize everything and tried to regulate everyone. Before you tried to create some sort of power hierarchy here and before you kept running to Ketan whenever some sort of drama flared up on the forums which you deemed 'harsh' and 'unacceptable'. Maybe you feel others are victimized on the forums and you feel like you need to step up to "protect" them?

Maybe you just want to feel like you run things here. Like you're the diplomat... the voice of the forums... some sort of role model member which others can look forward to or a representative of how the DS forum members are?

I remember when none of that shit mattered; when it was a small forum composed of knowledgable and ill tempered assholes who loved talking about cars and talking shit about each other in jest... and sometimes with actual intent. But, that was just the name of the game. That was just how it was. Sure, we've ran members off here with pitchforks and fire... sure, we've all been douchebags and assholes towards others on the forums here. Sure, we shit on some members opinions cause we didn't particularly like them, or they were badge snobs, or poor spelling, or we just didn't like them. Period.

Now, I don't mean to sound nostalgic... all I'm saying is that it's starting to seem like somebody can't be an asshole, a prick, or just snark in general without you getting down their throats and dissecting what they've said. It's like you lack a sense of humor. You've essentially killed the happy go lucky nature of the forums. It's nothing but steel walls and grey skies rather than the flowery blood drenched fields it once was...

Why is it so bad to use "harsh words" against another member here? Why is it so bad to just take a big ol' shit on someone elses opinion on some car without you coming in with some 6 paragraph response which you no doubt thought out over a span of 3 days on the appropriate action to take towards an action which was merely done 'for the lulz' on a forum which has no relevance, no bearing, no possible affect on your actual life?

I'll admit, this place was sort of going downhill in the first place after several long timers left; you just came in and kicked the last bit of life that was left in it out... like some sort of corporate buy out of what was once an enjoyable family owned ice cream shop on the corner. Now it's just a Baskin fucking Robbins clone.

I don't really give a shit if this came off as rambling. It probably did. Horribly. Feel free to dissect this little rant or just ignore it. It just felt good putting this to words.

Ah, reminds me of how fun the forums are.... excuse me for being so nostalgic, I've just been reading the #ds thread and the legends thread. Some good times.
Cyclone
What's this? It's a chart of the post per month since Mitlov joined.

As you can see, it has been on a steady decline every since. The proof is in the numbers people!
Mitlov
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 23 2009, 11:25 PM) *
I do want to point out this
Around the time I was banned, I hadn't posted anything of relevance in months. I do believe I may have mentioned something about DS being down in irc but saying it should "go to hell" was never something I said. I could produce logs to prove that if needed, I know you're a lawyer work at a law firm and love evidence... As far as phix getting banned, I don't know, I can't speak for him.

I was as blindsided as anybody with Ketan's whole "they want DS to go to hell" thing and him banning you for it. I had contacted Ketan when I got banned, and I had complained about some of the moderation, I don't deny that. But that whole part of it was as much of a surprise to me as it was to you. As for IRC, I've never once been on IRC and I actually don't know how to. Regardless, I don't care what was said on IRC because even if you had said that, and I don't have any reason to think you did, you never ever should have been banned or punished in any way for saying that.

Your message, although appreciated, didn't get anywhere as Ketan neither unbanned myself or Phix.

And that's too bad that he didn't do that, because he absolutely should have unbanned you. But what Ketan ultimately did is not the point I'm trying to make. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm not a guy who tried to get you banned from DS and is now dancing around in joy because the website you started is struggling. I fully realize that's probably what it looks like from a third-person perspective, but that's not where I'm coming from at all, which is why I'm trying to explain myself.

I feel like you're trying to become 'Mayor of Dieselstation' in a sense. One of your very first posts was about how you thought the moderators should be rethought or punished for not following the rules. See thread here: http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=18308

I'd been on the forum for 14 months when I made that post. Not "one of my very first posts." And I don't see anything in that post about moderators being punished. "Recourse" as I meant it means that if you get suspended banned for no reason, you can say "I didn't break any rules" to another mod and they can verify that you didn't do anything wrong, and you get your account active again. Recourse as in appeal, not recourse as in retribution.

And no, I don't have any interest in being a moderator myself. Done that once before (on another forum) and I don't intend on ever doing it again.

It's good to see that you think I'm a douche as well. At least the feeling is mutual. But I have a feeling you grossly outdouche me by a lonnngggshot.

That's cool. What I was aiming for here is a healthy discussion forum, not a set of BFFs. And Dieselstation isn't healthy right now. Honestly, it's dying from a lack of decent regulars, which is the reason I started this thread.
Benny
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 23 2009, 11:05 PM) *
Honestly, it's dying from a lack of decent regulars, which is the reason I started this thread.

fix us doctor mitlov boston.gif
clarkma5
I'll agree that this site lacks enough good regulars...but mitlov, I think you're a major reason behind that (not the only reason, but a major one).

Dakian, WRSX, and PBB all left before you really got going here too much, but I don't think any of them would tolerate you much. Cyclone and Phix have pretty blatantly said, both to you and to others, that you're a primary reason for them not wanting to be involved here and, frankly, I'd enjoy this forum a lot more if you weren't here. And I'm sure there's more.

Lastly, as noble as your attempts to steer DS back on track are, I don't think many people here want you to be in charge of that, or even involved.
Mitlov
QUOTE(Phix @ Mar 23 2009, 11:53 PM) *
before you kept running to Ketan whenever some sort of drama flared up on the forums which you deemed 'harsh' and 'unacceptable'.

That happened once. Once. And it's because I got banned.

Maybe you feel others are victimized on the forums and you feel like you need to step up to "protect" them?

Yeah, I don't like some of the cliqueish-ness, but I'm certainly not the only person who has ever complained about that.

Maybe you just want to feel like you run things here.

You couldn't pay me to take a moderator position here.

Like you're the diplomat... the voice of the forums... some sort of role model member which others can look forward to or a representative of how the DS forum members are?

Uh...no.

I remember when none of that shit mattered; when it was a small forum composed of knowledgable and ill tempered assholes who loved talking about cars and talking shit about each other in jest... and sometimes with actual intent. But, that was just the name of the game. That was just how it was. Sure, we've ran members off here with pitchforks and fire... sure, we've all been douchebags and assholes towards others on the forums here. Sure, we shit on some members opinions cause we didn't particularly like them, or they were badge snobs, or poor spelling, or we just didn't like them. Period.

Now, I don't mean to sound nostalgic... all I'm saying is that it's starting to seem like somebody can't be an asshole, a prick, or just snark in general without you getting down their throats and dissecting what they've said. It's like you lack a sense of humor. You've essentially killed the happy go lucky nature of the forums. It's nothing but steel walls and grey skies rather than the flowery blood drenched fields it once was...

I've taken several long breaks from this forum. At least one was for over a year, if I recall correctly. If I singlehandedly destroyed DS, then why didn't things change back when I left the forums? Maybe you'd like to have one person to blame for the fact that nothing ever stays the same, but this one you can't blame on me.

That last point applies to Clarkma5 and Cyclone too.
Cyclone
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 24 2009, 03:15 AM) *
If I singlehandedly destroyed DS, then why didn't things change back when I left the forums? Maybe you'd like to have one person to blame for the fact that nothing ever stays the same, but this one you can't blame on me.

That last point applies to Clarkma5 and Cyclone too.

lol did you even look at my graph? smile.gif
clarkma5
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 24 2009, 12:15 AM) *
Maybe you'd like to have one person to blame for the fact that nothing ever stays the same, but this one you can't blame on me.

That's our mitlov, guiltless as always.
Phix
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 24 2009, 03:12 AM) *
I'll agree that this site lacks enough good regulars...but mitlov, I think you're a major reason behind that (not the only reason, but a major one).

Dakian, WRSX, and PBB all left before you really got going here too much, but I don't think any of them would tolerate you much. Cyclone and Phix have pretty blatantly said, both to you and to others, that you're a primary reason for them not wanting to be involved here and, frankly, I'd enjoy this forum a lot more if you weren't here. And I'm sure there's more.

Lastly, as noble as your attempts to steer DS back on track are, I don't think many people here want you to be in charge of that, or even involved.

Yes, this is what I wanted to say BEFORE I turned into a rambling psychopath....
Mitlov
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 24 2009, 12:12 AM) *

I'm gonna make your week. I'm going to leave DS. And just so you know that this is permanent, that I'm not going to pull an "I'm leaving...I'm back!", I want you to ban this account. That way I'm not tempted to return to DS to post on the forums out of habit, boredom, booze, or anything like that. I'll go do my thing and you guys can go about fixing DS from the damage I've apparently done, however you see fit. Good luck with that.

I am totally serious, by the way. I would like you to ban this account.
Phix
QUOTE(Mitlov @ Mar 24 2009, 03:35 AM) *
I'll go do my thing and you guys can go about fixing DS from the damage I've apparently done, however you see fit.

We're gonna need a bigger boat. :/
Benny
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.