Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Fictional Track
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Razor
A lot of video games these days have fictional tracks in them... which of them are the best/would you like to drive most in real life if they existed?

I'm going to start off by saying Maple Valley in Forza 2... unlike a lot of the real tracks in that game, I can keep playing it and never get sick of it. So many configurations, too.

Anyone else?
clarkma5
Never liked Maple Valley, particularly the long one. Sunset speedway with the infield is kinda fun. I really don't know any other tracks outside of Forza 2 and Need For Speed V, and those weren't really tracks at all...
Bjorn
^Sunset with the infield is fun.

I never liked the road courses, like New York or Tokyo, nor the test tracks.

In Forza there is a course, cant remember the name of it now (want to say alpine ring) but is that supposed to be Spa?
Mitlov
I like El Capitan in GT4 and Tourist Trophy. The way it undulates reminds me more of the Peak-to-Peak highway in Colorado (amazing motorcycle road, by the way) than a racetrack, which is a nice change. The scenery is great too.
Dr. Strangelove
There was a really big circuit in GT3. It was night time and it was a massive street circuit. I used to love it.
moe
was it special stage route 11? i think that may be my favorite fictional circuit.
350Z
I can't believe we have never had a big race on forza 2, we should do that.
My favorite track has to be Grand Valley Speedway reverse in GT.
Razor
QUOTE(350Z @ Mar 8 2009, 07:34 AM) *
I can't believe we have never had a big race on forza 2, we should do that.

Yeah, I think we should organize a DS Nürburgring tournament or something.
350Z
Im up for anything, even if it's just a few social races or whatever.
moe
i can finally participate using my roommate's account. woohoo. i'll start practicing after my midterm tomorrow. feel free to add Osav117 on live
350Z
What sort of cars do you guys want to run?
Razor
I'm away from my XBOX until Friday. This weekend though, I'm all about running U-Class (Level 999) on the 'Ring or Maple Valley Long.

EDIT: Or Road Atlanta. Love that too.
moe
man, i get spring break this week, and i'm bogged down by midterms the week after. i'll probably race y'all some other time
Dr. Strangelove
I'm busy and broke. But I will go out and get Forza if theres a DS thing going on.
Benny
pretty much every single fictional track in gt4
oh and the fujimi kaido touge runs from forza 1.

forza 2 was just not as fun as 1
350Z
I normally run the range toppers, A850 S998 ect.
Razor
QUOTE(350Z @ Mar 9 2009, 12:53 PM) *
I normally run the range toppers, A850 S998 ect.

Yeah, same. There's nothing I can't stand more in that game than the majority of shitty, ugly, and unmodifiable pre-tuned road cars, mostly from the Japanese manufacturers, which usually fall in the bottom of classes, making them completely useless. I build my own. thumbs_up.gif
MustangAficionado
I like Road Atlanta or Sunset Infield, Maple valley is all about tires. Usually that means driver skill, but once you've carved the course for a good hour there really aren't too many crucial braking points, although angle of entry is crucial towards the end.
All the light cars with wide tires rule that map, like the proto spira.
clarkma5
Road Atlanta's not fictional tongue.gif

One of my favs though for sure.
Benny
Road Atlanta ftw
speedyK
In GT5 Prologue, I love the Eiger mountain course.

In-car view: GT-R vs. Ferraris

Outside view: GT-R vs. Ferraris
MustangAficionado
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 9 2009, 03:04 PM) *
Road Atlanta's not fictional tongue.gif

One of my favs though for sure.

Doh, didn't think to check. I also like Midfield raceway on GT3, i could race it in my sleep.
Dr. Strangelove
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 8 2009, 03:02 AM) *
was it special stage route 11? i think that may be my favorite fictional circuit.

Yes, YES!!!!!

Thanks man!

Also I really liked Complex String. That was where I used to setup all my cars in GT3
moe
QUOTE(Razor @ Mar 9 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Yeah, same. There's nothing I can't stand more in that game than the majority of shitty, ugly, and unmodifiable pre-tuned road cars, mostly from the Japanese manufacturers, which usually fall in the bottom of classes, making them completely useless. I build my own. thumbs_up.gif

so i was asking my roommate if he had any U999 cars i could borrow to race you guys with. apparently he has an R32...stupid VAGina...and he doesn't even have a license yet.
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 11 2009, 05:55 AM) *
so i was asking my roommate if he had any U999 cars i could borrow to race you guys with. apparently he has an R32...stupid VAGina...and he doesn't even have a license yet.

I'm putting out this challenge: if anyone can tune an R32 to beat my Nürburgring time I did with mine... then... I dunno, I'll think of something.
moe
i'd rather just race you. tongue.gif i won't be anywhere near the xbox till next thursday though.
350Z
I will beat it, which class? Do I have your gamer tag?
Razor
Gamertag is RThirty2 tongue.gif

I believe my current time on there with the tuned R32 Mk IV is like a 6:19 or something. My best U999 overall is 6:59.199 in the Chrysler ME412, and my best Nürburgring R1 overall is 6:27.545.
350Z
I will send now, on a different note the stock R32 has to be one of the hottest sounding cars in the game.
Razor
QUOTE(350Z @ Mar 11 2009, 11:46 AM) *
I will send now, on a different note the stock R32 has to be one of the hottest sounding cars in the game.

Give me a couple days and then you'll get to hear how the new one sounds in real life... I just need a microphone.

EDIT: Accepted. See you online on Friday.
350Z
Best bring your A-game!

EDIT: Which coast are you on? Gonna have to compensate for time difference.
Razor
QUOTE(350Z @ Mar 11 2009, 02:59 PM) *
Best bring your A-game!

EDIT: Which coast are you on? Gonna have to compensate for time difference.

East Coast Reppin' tongue.gif I'm in Massachusetts.
Cyclone
Trial Mountain in the GT games was always a favorite of mine
fiber optic
From Forza/Forza 2 I think.

Maple Valley is good and also Alpine Ring.
The in-field courses on the ovals are good too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.