Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nfs shift
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Electronics & Technology
moe

GRiD, however, may have some new competition from a franchise we thought, based on its recent spate of titles, was on its way out. As we reported last month, the Need for Speed franchise is being split into a trio of games: one for the consoles called Need for Speed SHIFT, a free one for PCs called Need for Speed World Online and a Wii-exclusive version called Need for Speed: Nitro.

Joystiq recently had time to play an early version of Need for Speed SHIFT and came away mighty impressed. "The game is 95% pure racing simulation, with a bit of arcade feel thrown in," is how they described it. What may set NFS Shift apart from similar games like GRiD and the Project Gotham Racing series is its interior view. Developers specifically designed the game to be played using the interior view, though other outside-the-car views are available. As such you get things like reflections of the driver in the side windows and get this the driver actually clutches the wheel harder during tricky maneuvers. There's also an effect at high speeds that blurs the screen so all your focus is on the track.

autoblog
Razor
"The game is 95% pure racing simulation, with a bit of arcade feel thrown in"

Which means it'll basically be ProStreet all over again. I'll reserve my judgement until I actually play it, but I'm calling that it's going to be a total flop, especially if it comes out around the same time as Forza 3, which is going to be the overlord of all racing games.
moe
it'll probably be closer to grid, which means it'll be pretty awesome. also forza < gran turismo
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 7 2009, 04:21 PM) *
it'll probably be closer to grid, which means it'll be pretty awesome. also forza < gran turismo

Forza 2 < Gran Turismo 5 < Forza 3*

* is my guess from what I've read.
moe
i don't really care since i'll probably end up with both games.
eraser_rx
actually....grand turismo 5 < forza 2....in terms of physics....the grip and nose dip still doesn't feel right in GT5....

LFS is still the simulator IMO....
4wheelfreak
For me, the enjoyable element of NFS games was being able to modify your car. Prostreet has been my favorite so far because it maintained that original aspect while integrating a much more realistic sim engine. If they can continue the trend towards realism, I'd be happy.
DB9
Meh, I always enjoyed the unrealistic 200mph turns that most nfs' had. It feeds my impatience.
Cyclone
NFS 1, 2 and Porsche Unleashed are the best games in the entire franchise. 2 was really arcadey but so much fun.
dukenukem
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Mar 12 2009, 10:37 AM) *
NFS 1, 2 and Porsche Unleashed are the best games in the entire franchise. 2 was really arcadey but so much fun.

Fact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.