Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DSCOTY '09: Luxury Sedans
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
clarkma5
For more on the DieselStation Car of the Year '09 competition, please see this thread.

Acura RL
Base MSRP:
$46,680
Available Engines: 3.7 liter SOHC 24-valve V6 with 300 HP and 271 ft.-lbs. of torque
Available Transmissions: 5-speed automatic transmission with manual shift capabilities
Available Drivetrains: All-wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 16 City/22 Highway
Curb Weight: 4083-4110 lbs.

Audi A6 Sedan/Avant (excluding S6)
Base MSRP:
$45,100 (3.2), $50,100 (3.0T Sedan), $53,310 (3.0T Avant), $60,950 (V8)
Available Engines: 3.2 liter DOHC 24-valve V6 with 255 HP and 243 ft.-lbs. of torque (Sedan only), 3.0 liter DOHC supercharged 24-valve V6 with 300 HP and 310 ft.-lbs. of torque, 4.2 liter DOHC 32-valve V8 with 350 HP and 325 ft-lbs. of torque (Sedan only)
Available Transmissions: CVT (3.2 only) or 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift capabilities (N/A on 3.2)
Available Drivetrains: Front wheel drive (3.2 only) or All-wheel drive (N/A on 3.2)
EPA Fuel Economy: 18 City/27 Highway (3.2), 18/26 (3.0T), 16/23 (V8)
Curb Weight: 3858-4222 lbs.

Hyundai Genesis
Base MSRP:
$32,250 (V6), $37,250 (V8)
Available Engines: 3.8 liter DOHC 24-valve V6 with 290 HP and 264 ft.-lbs. of torque, 4.6 liter DOHC 32-valve V8 with 375 HP and 333 ft.-lbs. of torque (368/324 on regular gas)
Available Transmissions: 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift capabilities
Available Drivetrains: Rear wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 18 City/27 Highway (V6), 17/25 (V8)
Curb Weight: 3748-4012 lbs.

Lincoln MKS
Base MSRP:
$38,490
Available Engines: 3.7 liter DOHC 24-valve V6 with 273 HP and 270 ft.-lbs. of torque
Available Transmissions: 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift capabilities
Available Drivetrains: Front wheel drive or All-wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 17 City/24 Highway (FWD), 16/23 (AWD)
Curb Weight: 4127-4276 lbs.

Nissan Maxima
Base MSRP:
$30,160
Available Engines: 3.5 liter DOHC 24-valve V6 with 290 HP and 261 ft-lbs. of torque
Available Transmissions: CVT
Available Drivetrains: Front wheel drive
EPA Fuel Economy: 19 City/26 Highway
Curb Weight: 3556-3579 lbs.

Frederf
As awful as the TL is you have to admit, that is a damn fine interior.
Mitlov
Genesis by a mile. Great car (with a fantastic interior--I've been inside it and ridden around as a passenger), unbelievable value, and it's going to be a historic turning point for Hyundai.
moe
QUOTE(Frederf @ Mar 5 2009, 12:36 PM) *
As awful as the TL is you have to admit, that is a damn fine interior.

That's the RL, the TL has a horrible interior.

Genesis for me, though I give the Maxima props for slick styling and its sporty character.
Bjorn
I had to go with the A6.

It's beautifully proportioned, and very well designed. Audi has been on its game lately, more, I'm tempted to say, than any other luxury manufacturer.

The Genesis is a magnificent achievement, no doubt. But I find the styling to be a bit "last generation G35", which I was never a huge fan of.

The RL is shockingly ugly. People on this board have said that the TL has grown on them, and I agree, its looks have softened since I first saw it in my eyes. However, the RL is incapable of being not ugly.

The Lincoln is a very good looking car, but up against the A6 it looks over styled.

Now that I have seen the new Maxima in person, I actually like it quite a bit, but like the MKS, against the beautifully subtle lines of the A6 it doesn't stand up.
clarkma5
In my mind, the Genesis is the only one here, it is such an extremely well-executed car at a jaw-dropping price. It's probably my favorite luxury sedan at ANY price, including the S-classes and Quattroportes of the world.

I'm digging the A6's improvements, but it's still one of my least favorite Audis, and I acknowledge the Maxima is probably the most athletic car here, but for the price of a Maxima Sport you're easily into a Genesis with options.
Benny
genesis all the way.
dukenukem
Genesis for me as well. Not only is it the biggest surprise of the year but its actually deserving of all the acclaim its getting.
midnightdorifto
I voted for the FCX Clarity because of the potential it has to change the game or at least one company's fortune.

Same applies here. Genesis by a mile.
DB9
I lol'ed at the RL. I thought those things were dead.

The audi is sexy as usual, but is expensive (especially compared to the genesis).

I think the Genesis does a great job in basically every area. My vote went there.

Both the Lincoln and the Nissan are extremely well crafted and attractive imo.

This easily would've been one of the tougher comps had the genesis not been in it.
4wheelfreak
Genesis- I sat inside one recently and was blown away. Awesome value
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.