Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: show us your computers
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Diesel
here's my old setup. 2.4 p4 with danger den watercooling. lian li pc65 aluminum case which i had anodized blue.

i've since moved onto a swiftech setup with whole new case and components.
fiber optic

But since I busted the bottom cathode I switch to a green one.
fiber optic

RedLine
Crazy, I dont do that kind of stuff to my computer.
5LiterMustang
geez, thats crazy.

you should put on a spoiler and nawz!!!@@

Fiber Optic, Is that the Fender symbol?
fiber optic
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Sep 27 2003, 10:00 PM)
Fiber Optic, Is that the Fender symbol?

It was very much inspired by the Fender logo. I also use the F in my own signature. My wife was the one to actually pencil it out on the panel as my artistic skills are nill.
DakianDelomast
My computer's a stock sony but i just bought a top of the line klipsch 5.1 unit and am enjoying it very much. I upgraded the soundcard to a turtle beach too, oh and i dropped in a 200 gig harddrive bumping me up to 320.

Ok so it isnt ALL stock.
fallon
:0 i put my comp up before, too lazy to take some pics again (others got deleted) might later
Talon-TSi
Power Mac G4, 466Mhz. 2 Years old... looking into a powerbook G4 now.
rio

acetaminophen

Has a window but no lights. Various fans grind on boot-up. I hate it. A laptop is coming my way soon. Supposed to ship by the 3rd of October.
porsche944
Does all that neon add horsepower? laugh.gif
bankE46
i think it adds fruititude. tongue.gif
fiber optic
QUOTE(porsche911 @ Sep 28 2003, 01:39 PM)
Does all that neon add horsepower? laugh.gif

I'll have you know that my case features absolutely zero neon lights.
clarkma5
Computer's name is Jumbo: 1 ghz Pentium 3, GeForce3 Ti 64 meg, 512 megs RAM blah blah blah.

It's itchin' for an upgrade now...I'm thinkin' Athlon DS_xP.gif 3000+ and 400 mhz FSB with a gig of RAM.
turbobrick
left - new computer
right - old computer
fiber optic
The specs on all of my computers are relatively lame but here they are anyway for a quick laugh.

F
AMD K6III-450
Asus P5A Motherboard
ATI XPERT 98 Video Card
256MB PC100
Maxtor 17GB
Western Digital 20GB
ZIP 100MB Drive
Linksys 10/100 NIC
Redhat Linux 8.0

My Computer
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1200@1333MHz
Epox 8K7A+ Motherboard
Elsa GeForce 3
512MB PC2100
Hercules Fortissimo II Sound
Plextor 16x/10x/40x CD-Writer
2xSeagate Barracuda IV 40GB
Linksys Wireless-G
Windows 2000

Wife's Computer
AMD Duron Morgan 1000MHz
ECS K7S5A Motherboard
Gainward GeForce 2 Pro
256MB PC2100
Western Digital 20GB
Hercules Fortissimo II Sound
Linksys 10/100 NIC
Windows 2000

I just got the wireless setup today. thumbs_up.gif
Black RSX
My Boring Dell.

512 ram
80 Gigs

tongue.gif
RedLine
I think I have the best sound system for my computer...
clarkma5
Your cat is great, BlackRSX.
fallon
anyone seen the new 64bit AMD's? me want
clarkma5
I'm thinking I'm gonna wait for 64 bit to be more widely available/accepted before I invest in it...I'll just stick with a nice 32 bit processor for my next upgrade.
rio
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 28 2003, 09:48 PM)
I'm thinking I'm gonna wait for 64 bit to be more widely available/accepted before I invest in it...I'll just stick with a nice 32 bit processor for my next upgrade.

Where the hell did this statement come from?

Of course you bloody are! There are no consumer-level OSes out for 64-bit processors, let alone applications. It'll be a while yet before any 64-bit processing will be practical for consumers.

And FYI, Sun has had 64-bit processors and OSes for years, but nobody cares.
gotvenm
QUOTE(riobranden @ Sep 28 2003, 10:39 PM)
There are no consumer-level OSes out for 64-bit processors, let alone applications. It'll be a while yet before any 64-bit processing will be practical for consumers.

Superior Performance Today and Tomorrow

"AMD64 can deliver industry-leading performance on all your software applications. Both the AMD Opteron and upcoming AMD Athlon 64 processors run today’s x86 software natively with no “emulation mode” to degrade performance. Software optimized for AMD64 can capitalize on vast addressable memory and the 64-bit architectural enhancements required by the most demanding consumer and enterprise applications, including scientific computing, CAD/CAM/CAE, digital content creation, and ERP/CRM solutions"
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(CarZOne @ Sep 28 2003, 06:05 PM)
I think I have the best sound system for my computer...

Is it as good as a Klip 500 watt 5.1 thx sound system with a max output of 113 dbs?
Black RSX
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Sep 28 2003, 10:18 PM)
Your cat is great, BlackRSX.

Believe it or not... she is 17 years OLD!! She still acts like a kitten. She is the best lap cat... Loves all people and even kids...

Her name is Pumpkin.

smile.gif
rio
QUOTE(gotvenm @ Sep 28 2003, 11:50 PM)

"AMD64 can deliver industry-leading performance on all your software applications. Both the AMD Opteron and upcoming AMD Athlon 64 processors run today’s x86 software natively with no “emulation mode” to degrade performance. Software optimized for AMD64 can capitalize on vast addressable memory and the 64-bit architectural enhancements required by the most demanding consumer and enterprise applications, including scientific computing, CAD/CAM/CAE, digital content creation, and ERP/CRM solutions"

But what's the point of buying a 64-bit processor if all you're going to be doing is running 32-bit software on it?
Talon-TSi
QUOTE(riobranden @ Sep 28 2003, 10:39 PM)
Of course you bloody are! There are no consumer-level OSes out for 64-bit processors, let alone applications. It'll be a while yet before any 64-bit processing will be practical for consumers.

the G5s have 64-bit, and Panther (OSX 10.3) is 64-bit, and Photoshop and lotsa other highend programs have optimazation patches out, not true 64 bit programs but optimized.

so Macs were behind PCs but now they are ahead, though they are a bit spendy at the moment, 2grand for a 1.6GHz.
Lee7
QUOTE(riobranden @ Sep 29 2003, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE(gotvenm @ Sep 28 2003, 11:50 PM)

But what's the point of buying a 64-bit processor if all you're going to be doing is running 32-bit software on it?

whats the point of making 64bit software if nobody has the hardware to use it?

When most people have 64bit CPU's, THEN people will start making software for it.

The reason why nobody gives a shit about SUN's 64bit CPU's (and others) is because they are not backwards compatible, another words, they cant run the millions and millions of 32bit programs that are already out there.

AMD's way is the best, to provide a CPU that runs both 32bit and 64bit instructions natively, that way you can run all the old software that is already out there, AND you can run all the new 64bit software when it comes out.
gotvenm
QUOTE(Syk0tiK @ Sep 29 2003, 08:57 AM)
AMD's way is the best, to provide a CPU that runs both 32bit and 64bit instructions natively, that way you can run all the old software that is already out there, AND you can run all the new 64bit software when it comes out.

ditto that...
clarkma5
I thought Windows 2003 Server 64 Bit was available...
rio
QUOTE(Syk0tiK @ Sep 29 2003, 09:57 AM)

Well, actually I see your point. When I made my first comment I had forgotten that the AMD chip was able to run 32-bit software seamlessly.
clarkma5
Hmmm...maybe I will go for 64 bit. I feel like a bit of a fool for opting out of DDR when it was a new technology and now look at me! I have no DDR!
Cyclone
QUOTE(riobranden @ Sep 29 2003, 02:39 AM)
Where the hell did this statement come from?

And FYI, Sun has had 64-bit processors and OSes for years, but nobody cares.

Although I may be wrong, I believe that the Mac OSX operating system is 64bit. I know that the current G5 is 64bit and I think the G4 was also. Not sure though

//edit Oops, nevermind. Somebody else already beat me to it. However Mac's being behind PC, as far as technology goes I don't believe that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.