Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Full Fifth/Top Gear Episodes
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Viper007Bond
Weee! After about 3 months of my my site for downloading full episodes of Fifth and Top Gear being down, I have completly redesigned the ENTIRE site, 95% of it from scratch! biggrin.gif

With a much heavier emphasis on the BitTorrent system this time around, the site should stay up once and for all.

You can check it out here:

http://gear.viper007bond.com/

Enjoy! biggrin.gif

BTW - only one torrent is available right now (more will be added soon - just starting slow). HTTP downloads are also not available as I will be writing a system for only people who are unable to download via BitTorrent will be able to use (less load on the HTTP servers that way).

Also, if you need a BitTorrent client, I suggest ABC (Yet Another BitTorrent Client).

Let me know in the forum or here if you encounter any problems. smile.gif
Ami
You are a Legend! thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif woot.gif
Viper007Bond
smile.gif
DakianDelomast
on the 5th gear ep as we speak
Black RSX
Awsome!!! Love ya man!!! wub.gif

Bit torrents will work well!! thumbs_up.gif
clarkma5
Getting stuff now wub.gif
DakianDelomast
Ok I'm almost done. I'm going to go into superseeder mode for a bit
BaRRa
You are God.
Viper007Bond
Well that was fun...

My friend had to take down the tracker (the server that coordinates the downloads) because I was putting too much of a load on it. So, downloads are down until I find a better tracker

Sorry for the inconvience.
wild_willy
thanks a lot biggrin.gif
cant wait till the d/l's are back up. Im missin top gear
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(Viper007Bond @ Mar 10 2004, 06:25 AM)
Well that was fun...

My friend had to take down the tracker (the server that coordinates the downloads) because I was putting too much of a load on it. So, downloads are down until I find a better tracker

Sorry for the inconvience.

The bigger you build it the faster they'll crash it.
Viper007Bond
No more posting the torrents on SuprNova and my friend is going to go through the tracker code and see if he can optomize it so it doesn't load down the server as much.

Hopefully that will be a solution. smile.gif
Cyclone
Damn, all this happened while I was sleeping. What kinda shit is that :\
heh what kinda specs did the tracker have?
dukenukem
I am getting Top Gear withdrawal syndrome tongue.gif
Viper007Bond
Added eMule links. It'll be slow, but it's better than nothing.

If you need eMule: http://www.emule-project.net/
Ami
I have emule installed and cannot get it to work? when I click on the link to continue it just goes to the generic "cannot display" page in ie6.
Viper007Bond
Yeah, I'm taking down the eMule links. They are cauing more problems then they are worth.
Ami
Yeah, I'm taking down the eMule links. They are cauing more problems then they are worth.

Amen to that thumbs_up.gif
Viper007Bond
Okay, my friend won't be able to host a tracker for me, so I found some tracker and I put a torrent on it to see how things go.

You can get it here:

http://gear.viper007bond.com/downloads.php?display=18

It'll be slow at first as I'm the only one seeding, but give it some time.
dukenukem
Thank YOu VIPER Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Viper007Bond
Yep. smile.gif
dukenukem
the download is damn slow man.............the max i got was 10 kb/s ......... angry.gif
clarkma5
Dayum, I'm getting 120 kbps + over here! thumbs_up.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 25 2004, 08:55 PM)
Dayum, I'm getting 120 kbps + over here! thumbs_up.gif

what torrent program u using ?
clarkma5
Plain jane bittorrent client...

And my download is now down to 60 kbps or so, but I'm uploading at 30-40, so that should help people out.
DakianDelomast
Sweet jesus im at 150kbps. I'm using Shad0w's BT client.
clarkma5
Eh, it keeps slowing down Dakian; I'm down to about 20 now, you'll see.
DakianDelomast
I was getting 130 kbps from you clark ;D I'm going to turn it off and jump on tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have a few more seeders by then.
dukenukem
Thats it ..........ABC torrent thing is crap...........i am getting 2 kbps on a DSL line head.gif

i just feel like shoot.gif
clarkma5
I'm getting 2 down but I'm putting 40 up...I wonder who's getting my upload if it's not you tard.gif
Viper007Bond
You'll go really fast until you hit the point that everyone is at. I have the only full copy so far (still seeding) and my connection is firewalled making it go really slow. dry.gif

Once some other people have full copies besides me on my shitty connection, things will go well.

Here, this is what I mean:

http://hawkies.hawkies-world.com/details.p...llist=1#leeches
Viper007Bond
Should be going a little faster now. I had my upload settings screwed up and it wasn't uploading as fast as I normally do. Sorry 'bout that. dry.gif
clarkma5
I'm averaging about 20-30 kbps.
Viper007Bond
That's my max upload, so it doesn't surprise me. Uploaded about 73% now.

Again, once other people have 100%, speed issues will be resolved. smile.gif
clarkma5
I've got 85% downloaded, and I've been uploading at my max 60 kbps for a couple hours now.
Viper007Bond
Speeds should be good now as other people have the file. 22 other people infact at time of this posting. smile.gif

(23 seeds - 23 leechers)
dukenukem
ummm.....sorry to sound greedy........whens the next episode comming on ?????
Viper007Bond
Well it seems that this tracker works well and so I'll probably release another tomorrow. smile.gif
Viper007Bond
Here's another episode. Enjoy! smile.gif

http://gear.viper007bond.com/downloads.php?display=14
clarkma5
Cool, got the new episode on the boil smile.gif
dukenukem
thanx thumbs_up.gif
dukenukem
need more seeds
Viper007Bond
Just finished and now there are other seeds. More people are now seeding. smile.gif

For future reference, would you rather I waited and sent the file to some other people so they could seed as well or do it like I have been?

The speeds would be faster if I sent it to people, but you'd have to wait a few days between torrent releases 'cause it'll take a while to get the files to people.

Would you rather have faster downloads or releases more often?
dukenukem
No Complaints Buddy smile.gif

if you need more people to seed the downloads .i dont mind hosting/seeding them........just lemme know what to do. thumbs_up.gif
clarkma5
What you got going now is fine, the Fifth Gear episode actually DLed really fast (while I was watching the Top Gear ep, actually tongue.gif )
Viper007Bond
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 26 2004, 06:11 PM)
No Complaints Buddy smile.gif

if you need more people to seed the downloads .i dont mind hosting/seeding them........just lemme know what to do. thumbs_up.gif

Sign up on my forum and send me a PM there. I'll add 'ya to the seeders group so you can get into the hidden forum. smile.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(Viper007Bond @ Mar 26 2004, 11:01 PM)
No Complaints Buddy  smile.gif

Sign up on my forum and send me a PM there. I'll add 'ya to the seeders group so you can get into the hidden forum. smile.gif

i think i had registered under the same name....cant remember the password or what email Id i gave head.gif
Viper007Bond
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Mar 26 2004, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE(Viper007Bond @ Mar 26 2004, 11:01 PM)
No Complaints Buddy  smile.gif

i think i had registered under the same name....cant remember the password or what email Id i gave head.gif

The rediffmail.com one.
Viper007Bond
Top Gear - June 08th, 2003 - The Bloke Show released.

Get it at http://gear.viper007bond.com/downloads.php?display=20.
DakianDelomast
You picked the absolulte worst time to release this angry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.