Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DS mobile?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Forum Issues > Issues & Suggestions
Bjorn
I would love it if DS had a mobile version, like the Autoblog page pictured to below.

I don't have any idea what the logistics of doing something like this would be...but if it's possible without going too far overboard I would appreciate it.
Razor
I'd like that for the forums. Mainpage, I don't care about.
Bjorn
^same...well...not that I don't care, but that isn't what I would be checking on the iTouch.
infinity
I'd enjoy this too!
Marien
Mayne the Lo-Fi version?

You can find it centered on the bottom of each page. Probably not really optimized for mobile devices, but a lot lighter for your mobile connection.
dukenukem
You guys have not laid down a good business case for this idea. FAIL.
Razor
QUOTE(Marien @ Jan 15 2009, 06:59 PM) *
Mayne the Lo-Fi version?

You can find it centered on the bottom of each page. Probably not really optimized for mobile devices, but a lot lighter for your mobile connection.

Works well, except for the fact that it's read only. Ideally it's what I use when reading the forums from my phone.
Bjorn
I looked at it, and it's a mess on my iTouch...not to mention the fact that I can't see which posts are new or old.
dukenukem
My POS W510i with Opera Mini does more than adequate job of posting on the forum when needed.
Bjorn
This is how DS looks on the touch in landscape:

Not bad, but still a little hard to navigate through using your fingers...I just think that a mobile version would be really nice, although I do realize that there is little motivation for Ketan (sp?) to do it... considering the forums, from my understanding, are mainly run at a loss, and as a favour to us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.