Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stop posting 'news&updates' on forum
Dieselstation Car Forums > Forum Issues > Issues & Suggestions
Marien
Am I the only one who's annoyed by the constant flux of front page updates on the forums. I use the 'view new posts' option, and sometimes there are more update posts than interesting ones. Nobody reads them, or is even interested in them. If they were, they would look at the DS front page... Most of them are also awfully out of date.
moe
Well Diesel used to do it too, it's just Diesel pick and chose his cars. It was more or less, "Oh man, that's awesome...let me get wallpapers." With Ketan, it's more like he's a robot, and just collecting whatever wallpapers become available to him. "Oh, that's a nice looking dishwasher. Maytag? Is there hi-res? There is, so I'll put it up on DS."
Razor
I think those may be automatically integrated to the frontpage but I'm not sure.
Mitlov
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Dec 2 2008, 05:02 AM) *
Well Diesel used to do it too, it's just Diesel pick and chose his cars. It was more or less, "Oh man, that's awesome...let me get wallpapers." With Ketan, it's more like he's a robot, and just collecting whatever wallpapers become available to him. "Oh, that's a nice looking dishwasher. Maytag? Is there hi-res? There is, so I'll put it up on DS."

I will admit I found the last one supremely disappointing (the 2009 CR-V). First, nobody who loves cars cares about vehicles like the CR-V and RAV4. They're the very definition of transportation appliances. Second, as the update itself notes, "The 2009 Honda CR-V is largely unchanged."
moe
I appreciate that Ketan is trying to have as many wallpapers available on DS as possible, but there's a fundamental difference between DS and somewhere like NetCarShow. DS is a very enthusiasts focused site, whereas NetCarShow just tries to offer as many wallpapers as possible. IN fact, the header used to say "Exotic Car Wallpapers. Dieselstation - Fuel for you Desktop." I just noticed it now says, "Car pictures and wallpapers..." Uhh...yeah...
dukenukem
God! you guys bitch a lot.
Aircooled
Does Ketan ever post in the forums?
moe
QUOTE(Aircooled @ Dec 3 2008, 12:56 AM) *
Does Ketan ever post in the forums?

Nah, he's like God. He just sits up there in his big, comfy office chair, and does a bunch of things that just confuse the crap out of you.

Oh God...I mean Ketan, I've been meaning to ask. Did Porsche okay putting up wallpapers again? Because I noticed you put up some new ones, when we had an issue a while back about not being able to have them available on DS. It's not just here though, so maybe the issue has been resolved?
Diesel
I used the News&Updates section for new wallpaper releases. There is a RSS Feed that feeds off that section of the forum and gets automatically dumped into the general "wallpapers" page. That way i didn't have to update the wallpaper page everytime i put up new wallpapers.

General news and blogs and stuff don't get posted there.
clarkma5
Diesel your user info. still says your car is a 2005 Scion tC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.