Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Qvale Mangusta
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
UserDrew
Built in Italy this car was designed by De Mataso but the then owners of the company split ways. This car was built under the name of the other owner Qvale (Kuh-vah-lee) between 2000 and 2001. The design was sold to MG Rover in 2003 and they used the platform for the MG Xpower SV.

Engine: 4.6 L Ford Cobra SVT V8
Power: 320 HP @ 6000 rpm. 316 ft lbs torque at 6000 rpm
Weight: 3350
0-60 in 5.5 seconds
top speed: 160mph

C
moe
I'm torn between a frozen and a cool. I think the shape is pretty sexy, and it tried to recreate the fabled DeTomaso brand. It's also exotic and Italian, which are always plus points. Rarity value adds a lot to it's cool factor too...I guess a frozen, bordering on cool.

EDIT: I realize some called it the Pontiac Aztek of sportscars, but I still think there's a flawed sexyness about it.
Bjorn
I liked this car back in the day when it was new, but I have never sen one in the flesh and wonder if the proportions work as well in the real world as they do in photographs.

The top was pretty cool too, could take out the middle panel and have a targa, or flip the remainder of the roof and glass behind you, Mazda Miata RC style, and have a cabrio.

I guess Frozen, if I saw one being driven around I would be very impressed.
clarkma5
They did look cool in the flesh back in the day but man they aged quick...the back end in particular looks ten years older than it really is. And I've heard they verily suck to drive (for a sports car) and the only people I've ever seen driving them have been clueless-looking women.

But still...italian body, american motor, relatively unheard of...I'll give it a cool.
Synesthesia
Definitely cool, but being that hideous and not great to drive...I can't see a reason to call it frozen.
UserDrew
I saw one of these in person a few years ago and snapped a few pictures. It had a slight presence but mostly because I had never seen one before. I think it's uncool because you'd have to explain the cars story to everyone who doesn't understand what Qvale is/was or De Tamaso is and they'll just turn around and ask you why you didn't just buy another, better sports car in that price range.

mung35
Yikes! $39,995 for a used 2000 model close to home. No thanks... at that price...

However, gave it a cool.
darinzon
the styling is horrible, and any goon can drop one of those motors into a car. uncool
dukenukem
ewwwwwww
maxima302
Frumpy, not well executed design! For that much money on the used market, I'd take the slightly less frumpy Maserati equivalent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.