Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 recent sightings
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
Diesel
recently saw this guy with some nice HRE's

and saw this guy tonight on the way home. *drool*. Saleen mustang with a full on Gulf Racing paint scheme.

OHirtenfelder
WOW man. That's still the best paint scheme for that M. Red paint, black roof and black rims. And those rims are hot hot hot.

And that Mustang is ueber cool.
Synesthesia
M3 looks orange actually...I think red would be sweet, cool concept anyway.
OHirtenfelder
It looks red to me, plus the M3 doesn't come in orange, only red, this leading me to believe that this car is red. Orange could be quite hot, I reckon. That Audi S3 Orange.....mmmmmm, with a black roof!
moe
I heart.gif HREs.
DB9
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Oct 18 2008, 10:18 AM) *
It looks red to me, plus the M3 doesn't come in orange, only red, this leading me to believe that this car is red. Orange could be quite hot, I reckon. That Audi S3 Orange.....mmmmmm, with a black roof!

Wow, that actually would be pretty sweet. I never really imagined an audi in orange until you said something.
redlinehappiness
I saw a new M3 that was White on White, with a black trim, it actually looked really good.
moe
Heh...I just realized the guy is in a disabled spot...how typical.
OHirtenfelder
Heh...I just realized the guy is in a disabled spot...how typical.

Haha. So true. I guess they (M3 drivers) are the same all over the world.

Wow, that actually would be pretty sweet. I never really imagined an audi in orange until you said something.

Here in South Africa, one of the optional colours on an S3 is orange. But not like the Focus ST orange, rather a more pastel orange, but oh so sexy....

Just clickhere and follow the steps. Configure your own S3 and check out what it looks like in Solar Orange. One of the most beautiful cars on the road.
moe

This one in particular's the MTM version, but I've seen the Solar Orange ones before, and honestly I have no intention of driving around a prettied-up Golf that looks like a tangerine. That hideous, dull yellow color they come in is even worse.
OHirtenfelder
Moe.....I'm disappointed. Have you driven an Audi S3, and I mean properly DRIVEN. Calling it a prettied up Golf is the same as calling a Ferrari a prettied up FIAT. The Audi S3 is such an incredible machine, it's not even funny. The engine is absolutely superb (as anyone who has driven one or other incarnation of VW's 2.0T can attest to). The gearbox in the S3 is inredibly slick and precise, the clutch is just magnificent. The interior is on par with the most high end saloon cars(quality not kit). And driving the S3 is more fun than one could even begin to describe in a gazillion word essay.
I sincerely hope that you have driven one in order for you to make your judgement. The S3 is one helluva brilliant all-round car. Just superb.
As far as not liking the colours, fine. To each his own. But calling it a prettied up Golf bothers me, because it is just so much more car than 95% of the bullshit that is driving around on the roads.
moe
^ You still haven't noticed that I'm not really a big fan of VAG have you? The S3 just leaves me cold as most Audis do, the steering lacked feel, and I just had more fun in the GTi in general. That said, I really do like the original S3.

And calling a Ferrari a prettied up Fiat isn't the same at all. Ferrari's and Fiat's share very little (if anything at all), whereas an A3 the Golf share A LOT of things.
Razor
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Oct 20 2008, 09:52 AM) *
^ You still haven't noticed that I'm not really a big fan of VAG have you? The S3 just leaves me cold as most Audis do, the steering lacked feel, and I just had more fun in the GTi in general. That said, I really do like the original S3.

And calling a Ferrari a prettied up Fiat isn't the same at all. Ferrari's and Fiat's share very little (if anything at all), whereas an A3 the Golf share A LOT of things.

It is fact that the R32 is a better drive than the A3. I'm not sure about the S3, though.
McKhaos
That Mustang is gorgeous.
OHirtenfelder
^ You still haven't noticed that I'm not really a big fan of VAG have you?

Yes, I have noticed this. I just thought that an avid car enthusiast can look past a badge(even if he doesn't like it) and admit to a car being a great drive,which the Audi S3 undoubtedly is. I'm not sure which thread it is (maybe the CTS-V thread), but clarkma mentioned somewhere that things like steering feel are very subjective, which I must agree with. To a certain point, steering can be called vague or over assisted or whatever, but it's still quite subjective.
I'm just looking at the facts(here in SA) from the magazine. We test all of our 'hot' cars around Kyalami, all tests are conducted early mornings, dry, same driver, etc. In essence, very much the same conditions. The S3 eats pretty much most cars around the track(R32, 135i). Granted, the R32 is NA whereas the S3 is charged, and at around 1800 metres above sea level, the NAs lose about 17% of their power. But unfortunately for the NAs, these are the realities we live with here in Joburg(where we do our testing). Without any emotion, it can't be denied that the S3 is a brilliant car.

It is fact that the R32 is a better drive than the A3. I'm not sure about the S3, though.

Comparing the R32 to an A3 is not an option. It must be compared to the S3, and the S3 beats it hands down(see above).
moe
Believe me Ohirtenfelder (you need a shorter name), I can see past a badge. I like the Scirocco, the RS4, GTi...there are quite a few VAG cars I like. The S3 isn't a bad car, but the GTi is just more fun. Never mind that it's cheaper, and more characterful. Sure it's not as fast, but if you want fast, I think the R32 with a manual makes a much better fist of things.

Here's what's wrong with the S3:

1) The GTi and R32...BOTH are cheaper, and both have better engines. Yes, the S3 uses a pumped-up GTi unit, but it just doesn't work with more power. If you don't rev it hard enough the turbo lag becomes apparent. The R32 of course has that gorgeous-sounding V6...and like I said...it's cheaper.

2) Handling. It feels kind of cumbersome tbh, it's not as sharp as it should be, and that pretty much eradicates the fun. No fun, no hot hatch. The GTi handles brilliantly. The S3 lacks its delicacy, precision, and even feel. Sure, it's got AWD, and that makes it a better all-weather car...but so does the R32 (did I mention it had a V6?)

I can see the S3 is a car you're clearly passionate about, but I'm sorry, I really don't see the point. In isolation it'd be a good car, but its difficult to ignore that it's Golf-siblings not only cost less, but are better...not matter what you want (unless its badge appeal). Like I said before, it's a prettied up Golf.

QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Oct 21 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Without any emotion, it can't be denied that the S3 is a brilliant car.

Without any emotion, I wouldn't be an avid car enthusiast (as you described). Without any emotion, you wouldn't be defending your beloved S3. You can't kill emotion if you're a car enthusiast...if you did, we'd all be driving boring, but highly competent, practical, and value-for-money econoboxes.
Razor
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Oct 21 2008, 02:22 AM) *
Comparing the R32 to an A3 is not an option. It must be compared to the S3, and the S3 beats it hands down(see above).

Why? They share the DSG. They share Haldex with the same torque split. They both have ~250 HP V6s. Obviously I'm talking about the US model, but the R32 beats up the the A3 3.2 Quattro pretty bad in that competition, mostly because the A3 weighs a boatload more.
OHirtenfelder
Why? They share the DSG. They share Haldex with the same torque split. They both have ~250 HP V6s. Obviously I'm talking about the US model, but the R32 beats up the the A3 3.2 Quattro pretty bad in that competition, mostly because the A3 weighs a boatload more.

Sorry, I didn't even think about the 3.2 V6...

Without any emotion, I wouldn't be an avid car enthusiast (as you described). Without any emotion, you wouldn't be defending your beloved S3. You can't kill emotion if you're a car enthusiast...if you did, we'd all be driving boring, but highly competent, practical, and value-for-money econoboxes.

I worded myself incorrectly. I just meant, from a purely facts&figures point of view, it's can't be denied that it's a great car.
I guess some of us just prefer the more lazy nature of the bigger NA V6, whereas, in this case, I prefer the 'on the edge', highly strung nature of the 2.0T. Too me, that's half the appeal.
I won't argue this any further, I'll rest, telling myself that my beloved S3 is still the better car...shifty.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.