Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All those "other" car ads
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Alt.Binaries
Pages: 1, 2
redls1bird
I think VAG has done an awesome job advertising for the past 4-5 years, but they are by no means top dawg without question.

This probably is my favorite commercial of all time. It just really evokes to me the amount of fun you can have driving this car.

arnge
how old are you again ?
Razor
QUOTE(arnge @ Oct 12 2008, 11:48 PM) *
how old are you again ?

And arnge makes a harsh return to DS. tongue.gif Welcome back.
dukenukem

The bestest.
OHirtenfelder
AHA. A rival thread. For the non VAG-whores. No problem.

That Nissan ad: One of the coolest cars ever in history, ever. The ad just does not do it justice IMO.

That STI ad is brilliant. For me that really captures what Subaru is all about.
Razor
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 13 2008, 12:56 AM) *
The bestest.

Great ad, horrifically ugly advertised product.
boostedrobbo
best ad ever.

midnightdorifto
I've posted this a couple of times over the years, but this is, without question, my absolute favorite car ad.

Makes me well up a bit every single time I see it because that kid was and is still who I am.

And, for what its worth, until Nov. 26th, this still qualifies as non-VAG.

EDIT: I've forgotten how in love with Porsche's ad campaign I am:

For teh lulz:

Loved this before it got banned by the safety nazis...

And the message in this is awesome:

I heart.gif Car Ads.
moe
QUOTE(midnightdorifto @ Oct 13 2008, 10:14 AM) *
I've posted this a couple of times over the years, but this is, without question, my absolute favorite car ad.

Makes me well up a bit every single time I see it because that kid was and is still who I am.

Love that ad, I'm that kid too.

This is probably my next favorite:

Strange, but interesting...

Somebody had too...

Porsche = Best Commercials EVER.
moe
Forgot about this one...

OHirtenfelder
Phew, that Cordoba is really hustling through those roads. hehe, cool car that.
That GTS ad is cool, but what a terrible car.
That Cadi ad with Kate Walsh is so cool. And she's such a hottie.
That Corvette ad is brilliant. Why'd they ban it?
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Oct 14 2008, 01:37 AM) *
Phew, that Cordoba is really hustling through those roads. hehe, cool car that.
That GTS ad is cool, but what a terrible car.
That Cadi ad with Kate Walsh is so cool. And she's such a hottie.
That Corvette ad is brilliant. Why'd they ban it?

Because it "depicted children driving". Safety Nazis - 1, Corvette - 0.
OHirtenfelder
Safety Nazis - 1, Corvette - 0.

That's a load of bs.gif
redls1bird
Surprising message from an upstanding company,

and this one is kinda cheating, since it isnt for a car exactly

Razor
^ ROFL, heart.gif 4MATIC
skr

OHirtenfelder
OMG, that Bridgestone ad almost makes me cry. hehe, that is a cool advert. Really makes you feel for the dog.
dukenukem

Kinda generic now after the original Ford Ka ads but the interesting bit to me is that my previous car was a 97 Green Civic just like the one in the advert :o
OHirtenfelder
ROFL
That STi ad is power!
OHirtenfelder
Thought I'd show you guys this and blow your mind(if you haven't seen it yet).
Here is the business:

moe

I'm studying for my IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) midterm right now, and I came across this. It won the Grand Prix at the '05 Cannes Lions (pretty much the biggest award you can get in advertising).

EDIT:

Just thought I'd tack this on here Lexus IS-F ad
moe

moe

Came across this while I was working on an project for my Creative Execution class. One of the single greatest ads I've ever seen. My group was truly inspired to own Land Rovers after this, and a bunch of other ads we had to analyze for our presentation.

LR has some truly epic ads. I'll post them as soon as I find them.

Uwe
OHirtenfelder
Wow, Uwe, that advert is the coolest. It just shows pure, natural fun, which is so awesome. It reminds me of my first drive on a track, it was in an M6, by a local racing driver, andit was absolutely brilliant. Much like the ad. Seeing those emotions is just so cool.

Here is another advert that really got me. Both the concept and execution are brilliant IMO.
Uwe
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Jan 24 2009, 09:16 AM) *
Wow, Uwe, that advert is the coolest. It just shows pure, natural fun, which is so awesome. It reminds me of my first drive on a track, it was in an M6, by a local racing driver, andit was absolutely brilliant. Much like the ad. Seeing those emotions is just so cool.

smile.gif

From the slightly reddish skin of the driver's hands and the scared faces his driving caused my guess is it was the master himself - Walter Röhrl.
RallyCat909
This thread should never die.
diplo

i watched this probably a thousand times while deciding on my cooper.
midnightdorifto
QUOTE(diplo @ May 14 2009, 07:23 PM) *
i watched this probably a thousand times while deciding on my cooper.

Decent stock footage.

Oh, was that an advertisement?
Easton
this thread is epic
shandyman5
LMFAO at the Ford SportKa ads.... epic!
moe

I had no idea Peugeot had moved from the 307CC (which is massively popular around here) to the 308CC. As girly as it is, I really like the new model, it looks stunning.
moe
Thought it was time to bring this thread back from the dead.

redls1bird
Both these commercials made me laugh when I saw them. Because of that I remember them and the cars.

moe
^ I love the Hamster commercial. I damn near bought a Soul after watching it.
Razor
This just in: Hyundai's Superbowl ad, and it's fucking phenomenal.

I dedicate this to Carnutsack:

moe
Not a big fan of the ad, but Hyundai is absolutely on fire these days. Was visiting an old friend over the weekend, and her family decided to replace their early-90s Legacy wagon with a brand-new Tuscon. Said at the time they'd bought the Subaru, they wouldn't have even looked at a Hyundai...

Meanwhile on the home front, there's continued chatter of my dad being super-impressed with the new Sonata...if Hyundai can convince him to buy one of their cars, they will have moved mountains in my eyes. My mom's already set on buying the new Kia Sportage once she sells the Camaro (end of next month).

And to be honest, if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on my Peugeot, I would've been rolling around in a Soul or a Koup.

Korea is taking over my world.
shandyman5
QUOTE(moe @ Jan 23 2011, 07:46 AM) *
Not a big fan of the ad, but Hyundai is absolutely on fire these days. Was visiting an old friend over the weekend, and her family decided to replace their early-90s Legacy wagon with a brand-new Tuscon. Said at the time they'd bought the Subaru, they wouldn't have even looked at a Hyundai...

Meanwhile on the home front, there's continued chatter of my dad being super-impressed with the new Sonata...if Hyundai can convince him to buy one of their cars, they will have moved mountains in my eyes. My mom's already set on buying the new Kia Sportage once she sells the Camaro (end of next month).

And to be honest, if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on my Peugeot, I would've been rolling around in a Soul or a Koup.

Korea is taking over my world.

No questions asked Hyundai/Kia are game changers. They are absolute genius's with their business plan now. The cars they are rolling out are phenomenal too.
moe
I'm actually a big fan of the new Jeep Grand Cherokee ads.

MustangAficionado
moe
^ Forget that, completely overrated. It's funny, but it doesn't mean anything. It could've been a Camry in that ad.

This one on the other hand, is something special. It gave me chills.

bankE46
I thought it was funny that eminem did a commercial about how he doesn't do commercials, and then later on he was in another commercial. huh.gif
Razor
QUOTE(moe @ Feb 7 2011, 11:49 AM) *
This one on the other hand, is something special. It gave me chills.

It's nice and all, but it's like having a five year old tell you he's going to kill you with his bare hands: it's an empty message.

EDIT: Who am I kidding? The American sheeple were probably all googly-eyed about it.
moe
^ I was amused by the VW commercial, but don't feel it appreciates the praise that's being heaped on it (or at least the popularity it's gaining). It's definitely an empty message.

The Chrysler ad is advertising at it's finest. The type that tells a real story. Same reason I like the Jeep commercial I posted a few posts up. Same reason I like this one:

Asher
I have been loving Chrysler's newest ads, starting with the Grand Cherokee ones up to last night's Imported From Detroit one, they give me chills every time. I hadn't seen the "Arrive in Style" one but I love it. I love the message, I love the story, I love the sentiment.
moe
Wieden + Kennedy is all I have to say. They're one of the best agencies out there (I only wish I could work for them), and were recently awarded Agency of the Year by Ad Age. They've held the Nike account since the beginning of time, and basically turned it into the brand it is today. They're also responsible for the Old Spice commercials. Chrysler would be wise to stick with them.

"It's time to design cars that are more inspirational than the destination."

- That is a BOLD statement. I hope they can deliver on it. The new 300's promising in my eyes, but it's just start.
moe

Not a car ad, but I love it. Chennai represent.
dukenukem
QUOTE(moe @ Mar 14 2011, 07:14 AM) *

Not a car ad, but I love it. Chennai Madras represent.

moe
Good call on the correction. thumbs_up.gif

I hate the stupid new city names. Bangluru? Seriously?
moe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.