Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cant upload avatar
Dieselstation Car Forums > Forum Issues > Issues & Suggestions
trackdemon
Trying to upload an avatar from my PC, its 175x125 and 29kb - well within guidelines. However:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem"

Any ideas
Razor
QUOTE(trackdemon @ Oct 1 2008, 10:58 AM) *
Trying to upload an avatar from my PC, its 175x125 and 29kb - well within guidelines. However:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem"

Any ideas

Nor can I. Use an external source. Also, Captcha is broken on mainpage registration.
trackdemon
Cheers, have tried it with a link to a site and it still doesn;t work - no error message but nothing displayed....
dukenukem
Which site are you trying to link the image from?
trackdemon
My own site www.trackdemon.co.uk
dukenukem
Do you allow hotlinking?
trackdemon
Oh yes absolutely! smile.gif
dukenukem
try using crankshafted.com or something and see if that helps.
trackdemon
Would rather not - cant really let the image "into the wild" as it were smile.gif

And besides, it should just work shouldn't it? So I'd rather just fix it than use different websites etc.......wink.gif
Razor
Some people server-side seem to be particularly lazy.
moe
I had issues getting up an image from CS's uploader today. I had to re-upload the image with a different filename for it to work, otherwise DS told me the image was missing whenever I posted it, despite it clearly being there.
Aircooled
Give it to me and Ill host it, or make yourself an account at cdupload
Dieselstation
The issue is been rectified. It was due to server move that the problem happened as the directory structure got modified a bit during the move. So when someone tried to upload, the software would try to upload to location which didn't exist and gave the error.

Would someone please check it out and confirm it here?
moe
^ Just checked it out, works fine Ketan.
trackdemon
Having same issue again! Have just deleted my old image through the profile updater page, uploaded a new image which is 150 pixels on the long side and <50kb..... it appears in the profile then when I look at any posts my profile has no pic attached......
moe
Try refreshing? I just updated my avatar yesterday, and all I had to do was refresh for it to show up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.