Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lamest show-we-watched-as-kids-turned-car-commercial?
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Mitlov
I got tired of waiting for the Thundercats feature film starring two dozen Chrysler models, so I figured I just start the poll now.
redls1bird
Transformers was a letdown (to me anyway) but atleast the fact that it was a complete gm lovefest didnt betray the cartoon because there were no brands portrayed. Knightrider is worse to me because im willing to bet that there was some sort of compensation involed in getting the ford as the new KITT.
Bjorn
Fuck, what about "Viper".

I watched that show religiously as a kid...in fact the Dodge Viper was my first dream car as a result. I now realize that it was a poorly written excuse for a show whose only reason for existing was to hype the car.

It was the original "30 minute car commercial" IMO.

I didn't mind the blatant GM BS in Transformers, I ignored it and enjoyed the movie. And I never watched the Knightrider TV movie, fearing that it would suck beyond all reckoning. I think I was right on that one.
DB9
Yea, you were right.
moe
Transformers was amazing, regardless of the GM stuff. Besides, I actually prefer Bumblebee as a Camaro. Iron Man was basically a two-hour long Audi commercial, and The Fantastic Four was a Chrysler lovefest if I remember correctly...maybe those should be listed...
350Z
Time has moved on so I don't really see how they could have made transformers without changing the vehicles, I mean nobody got upset because Starscream was an F-22 instead of and F-15.
OHirtenfelder
I'd hardly call Iron Man a 2 hour Audi commercial. Yes, there are three (I believe) scenes, in which the Audi gets drilled, but other than that, it's just standing around next to a Saleen S7 and a Cobra if I'm not mistaken.
Oh, shit, and the Q7 with real real close ups of the four rings. Ok, fine maybe. But I don't care, cause right now I'm still soooooo hyped on that movie!
Benny
FRAGGLE ROCK!!!!
RockStaRRR
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Sep 28 2008, 09:07 AM) *
Transformers was amazing, regardless of the GM stuff. Besides, I actually prefer Bumblebee as a Camaro. Iron Man was basically a two-hour long Audi commercial, and The Fantastic Four was a Chrysler lovefest if I remember correctly...maybe those should be listed...

iron man and fantasic 4 are not "car" movies
moe
QUOTE(RockStaRRR @ Oct 3 2008, 03:04 AM) *
iron man and fantasic 4 are not "car" movies

No one said they had to be. Thundercats certainly wasn't a car show. I just watched the first episode of Knight Rider for the record, it wasn't that bad. Deanna Russo was certainly worth watching... DS_Naughty2.gif ...as was the Spyker.
marianalba
I voted for transfogeneralmotors...(damn, its hard to say and even type LOL)
Mitlov
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Sep 30 2008, 01:00 AM) *
I'd hardly call Iron Man a 2 hour Audi commercial. Yes, there are three (I believe) scenes, in which the Audi gets drilled, but other than that, it's just standing around next to a Saleen S7 and a Cobra if I'm not mistaken.
Oh, shit, and the Q7 with real real close ups of the four rings. Ok, fine maybe. But I don't care, cause right now I'm still soooooo hyped on that movie!

I agree, I didn't feel like it hammered Audi nearly as much as Transformers hammered GM. You saw the R8 a couple times, an A5 once, and then Iron Man saves the family in the Q7. But it's not like Transformers 1, which was all about the Camaro, or Transformers 2, which allegedly is going to highlight the new Corvette and the Volt in addition to the Camaro. Or Knight Rider, which had a 10-minute car chase where every single vehicle on the road (except for the bad guys in a Suburban) was a Ford family vehicle, and a Mustang is the center of the show.
moe
Keep in mind though, that Knight Rider, and Transformers are shows that are meant to center entirely around the cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.