Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alfa 8C Competizione
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
speedyK
Saw this at a motorway service station in Switzerland. Snapped it quickly with my Canon A650 IS.

On a casual glance from a distance, I thought it was some sort of modern Maserati. It was only when I drew closer that I realised it was the rare (500 only) Alfa 8C Competizione.

According to Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear, it is not good to drive witha suspension "that feels like it's made from soggy teabags" to quote him. But he rates it as an art object. Didn't do that much for me, I must admit no wow factor like a Lambo Gallardo or similar.

What impressed me most was the superb, lustrous quality of the paint and the colour is perfect. Exactly the right red for an italian car, IMO.

BTW, that website has nothing to do with me unfortunately. (Worth checking out though!)

Razor
Best. Sighting. Ever.
Phix
Shut the forum down. Nothing else is worth posting anymore.
moe
drool3.gif OMFG...one day...
clarkma5
It's very classically pretty but I gotta agree with speedyK that it doesn't really take me to the next level in terms of "wow" or "oooh".
b0mb3r
hands down one of the best looking cars ever made!
Phix
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Aug 18 2008, 07:28 PM) *
drool3.gif OMFG...one day...

Not likely. Your Sheikh neighbours just bought the other 499.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 18 2008, 07:44 PM) *
It's very classically pretty but I gotta agree with speedyK that it doesn't really take me to the next level in terms of "wow" or "oooh".

Maybe not "wow", but definitely a really big "ooooooooohh, aaahhhhhhh".
clarkma5
I dunno, from some angles I think it's kinda plain looking. Great proportions, could use a couple more details. Also think the back isn't the greatest executed around. I mean, it's certainly an A- or an A, but it's not an A++++ in my book.
duality
o awesome..vaud plates. near what city did you catch this mate?
speedyK
It was near Basel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.