Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andrea Pininfarina killed in accident...
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
idiot
Top Italian car designer killed
Andrea Pininfarina
Andrea's firm has been hit recently by the economic downturn

Andrea Pininfarina, head of a world-famous Italian car design group, has been killed in a road accident.

Mr Pininfarina was riding a scooter which was hit by a car on the outskirts of Turin early on Thursday. He was 51.

He was chief executive officer of the family firm Pininfarina, which has designed sports cars for Ferrari, Maserati, Volvo and Fiat.

He was the grandson of Battista Pininfarina, who founded the firm in Turin in 1930.

Andrea's father Sergio Pininfarina, 81, is the company's honorary chairman.

The family currently controls 55% of Pininfarina's shares, but under a restructuring plan it aims to cut its stake to about 30%.

The firm recorded a net loss of 114.9m euros (91m; $178m) last year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7547267.stm

Impact on our life?

Discuss.

RIP
duality
none.

rip regardless..
darinzon
unfortunate, but i have a feeling the best days of this company are behind them. rip
Phix
There really hasn't been anything from Pininfarina that I've liked in modern times.

They designed external HDs for SimpleTech. They were just gigantic door wedges, so, yeah.

Still, 51 is a relatively young age to die at in a western country. RIP and I hope the country picks itself up from this slump.
nismo
Damn, he died on a scooter. =/

Not very.... pininfarina-ish
johnny.msyl.25
RIP.
moe
That sucks hardcore, RIP. Speaking of this, I've heard Pininfarina is in quite poor health...
Phix
Well, yeah, he's DEAD! tongue.gif

...yes, I know what you really meant... they've managed to extend their debt deadline by a year I believe and they've recently begun some new design ventures which should hopefully make the company profitable again.
moe
*shakes barrel of oil at Phix*
moe
Paolo's taking over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.