Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTR with BBS LM's
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
Diesel
awww yeahh..

nismo
Access Denied.
clarkma5
Access denied, but once again I can imagine this not looking that great. Not a BBS LM fan...
nismo
That one?

Diesel
yes that one.. and i got the error fixed. but.. everything looks great on LM's. couple more

hexagone
Clark, you should be hung.

There is not a single explanation or criticism in the world that can be validated as to say something like 'yeah the bbs lm's don't look good'.

How can you not like the wheel style that has evolved from virtually 30+ years of modular racing wheel design?

And I can only safely assume that you do not like the BBS RS. ugh.

I am grossly offended.
eraser_rx
rice!
Matt_L
I think it looks ok only on the red GT-R...

Had a shotgun ride in a GT-R today, I must say the car is scary fast and handles well, but I think it's ugly, big, fat and why the hell would you pay 5 000$ more for the gray color??? Red is 10000 times hotter.
clarkma5
QUOTE(hexagone @ Jul 29 2008, 07:10 PM) *
Clark, you should be hung.

There is not a single explanation or criticism in the world that can be validated as to say something like 'yeah the bbs lm's don't look good'.

How can you not like the wheel style that has evolved from virtually 30+ years of modular racing wheel design?

And I can only safely assume that you do not like the BBS RS. ugh.

I am grossly offended.

I love the BBS Y-spoke rims, including the RGR and RC, but I consider the LM to be the weakest interpretation of it. It has more spokes and less open space, isn't curvaceous, and is generally not my favorite BBS wheel. Plus there's always the turnoff of the people like diesel...saying it's the greatest thing since the internal combustion engine. Oh, and no, I'm not a big fan of the RS wheel, it's rather dated and goodness knows it's on every other MkII VW on the road. Talk about overplayed, jesus christ. And a general note: no wheel looks good on every car, BBS or otherwise. Find something better to worship please.

The two pictures that nismo posted I like, the rest I don't.
Phix
Only looks good on the red one. And probably only from that angle.

Here's a thought: let's replace the wheels with something original! biggrin.gif
dukenukem
I think it needs some 22s.
moe
I think it looks great. The GT-R looks shockingly good red. Still looks waay to bulky though.
Mitlov
I love the GT-R in black. Red, white, and grey don't do nearly as much for me.

I like the wheels, but I live somewhere where they're very very rare, not on every street-corner. Most custom wheels here are cheap, gaudy chromed things. There must be something in the Medford water that gives people bad taste.
b0mb3r
LOL. BBS LMs are so popular, they even have reps... hell so many MKV are riding around on those.
darinzon
i secretly kind of love how fat it looks/is haha. it gives the car character
CarDesigner'09
The wheels are uuugggglllyyyy on the car. I never did get why people put those things on street cars...even if they're sporty.
And yea, red GTR looks awesome (sin the wheels).
Megadeus
LMs on an R35? No thank you.

Although the photog did an awesome job highlighting the orange peel on the black GT-R. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.