Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alfa Romeo Giulietta
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
Synesthesia
Here's one that hasn't been posted before. Can't find a decent, short description, so here's the basic rundown:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta (1954-1965)
FR layout, 1.3L I4
~1800-1900 lb
53-100 factory hp

Mostly stayed the same over the years with various small visual changes. There were lots of versions... Sorry about the hodgepodge of subpar images.

The affordable:

Berlina:

Spider:

Sprint:

The rare:

Sprint Speciale:

Sprint Zagato:

infinity
Has a nice vintage appeal and classic, sleek Alfa looks. That said, it's a bit cartoon-ish looking and 53-100 hp through a 1.3L I4 does nothing to excite me. I know you can't really do this, but the Sprint Speciale and Zagato I'd give a generous "Cool", but the rest get an Uncool. 2 against 3 I say uncool.
fiber optic
Cool.

I wouldn't want to own any of them but if I saw one driving down the street I would definitely turn my head to watch it pass.
midnightdorifto
Frozen. You aren't a car fan unless you love 1960's Alfas. Sorry folks, I didn't write the rules.
UserDrew
I was getting ready to post the Giulia Sprint GT but never got around to it. The berlina is uncool the rest are cool, the Sprint Zagato and special i'd say are frozen.
moe
The Spider and the specials are gorgeous, but the Sprint, is one of the very best looking cars I've ever come across. Supposedly beautiful to drive too...there's definitely one of those in my dream garage. drool3.gif If there was something past frozen, I'd vote that.
Razor
My Mom owned a Spider way before I was born. That keeps this set from being Frozen. Cool. tongue.gif
Phix
QUOTE(Razor @ Jul 25 2008, 01:55 PM) *
My Mom owned a Spider way before I was born. That keeps this set from being Frozen. Cool. tongue.gif

I bet she had to get rid of it after you came along by accident.

You ruined her life.
Razor
QUOTE(Phix @ Jul 25 2008, 03:46 PM) *
I bet she had to get rid of it after you came along by accident.

You ruined her life.

Nah, my dad couldn't stand paying the repair bills all the time. It IS an Alfa. tongue.gif
Dr. Strangelove
If this car is anything less then frozen, I'm going to give up on any hope for this forum.
darinzon
there's no outstanding reason for it to be frozen, i believe. it is cool though
Phix
I'm going to vote uncool... it's ... kind of ugly.
Dr. Strangelove
QUOTE(darinzon @ Aug 1 2008, 09:17 PM) *
there's no outstanding reason for it to be frozen, i believe. it is cool though

Are you kidding? Imagine picking a girl up for a date in your 1960's Alfa sports car. It doesn't get any cooler than this guys.
Synesthesia
Oh dear...maybe it's the photos I posted, but either way I'm shocked. In my mind, this car is what defines cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.