Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire Suggestion
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Car Garage
b0mb3r
I bought some 16x7" rims for my girlfriends Toyota Corolla. Now I have to buy some tires for them;
here is what I found on tire rack so far:
1. Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum - $83
2. Yokohama AVID TRZ - $91
3. Kumho Ecsta HP4 716 - $85
4. Continental ContiProContact - $95

I am looking at 205/55; I am completely clueless on which tire to get... the 1st choice seems to get pretty good reviews and the price is right.

Thanks for any help!
moe
My g/f knows shit about cars, so unless yours is a particularly enthusiastic driver, go for the cheapest.
b0mb3r
I am in the same boat, hence the corolla.
moe
I picked up on the Corolla, but didn't say anything, it could've been an XRS...which isn't that bad for the enthusiast from what I've heard. Yeah just go for the cheap shit then.
Synesthesia
Why'd you buy wheels without first figuring out the tires? Why'd you buy wheels at all?
moe
^ She probably thought "OOh shiny." Or they were pink...at least that's how it would work for my g/f... rolleyes.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Jun 17 2008, 02:23 PM) *
I picked up on the Corolla, but didn't say anything, it could've been an XRS...which isn't that bad for the enthusiast from what I've heard.

Did you take a shower after typing that? tongue.gif
b0mb3r
QUOTE(Synesthesia @ Jun 17 2008, 02:56 PM) *
Why'd you buy wheels without first figuring out the tires? Why'd you buy wheels at all?

it has bicycle sized wheels now... after I found out I can fit VW MKIV wheels on it... well the rest is history.

I actually detailed that thing, and I have to say Toyota paint sucks! Her is all chipped and shit.
clarkma5
Kuhmo ECSTA ASX is a good all-round choice that's not too pricy.
b0mb3r
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jun 19 2008, 12:54 AM) *
Kuhmo ECSTA ASX is a good all-round choice that's not too pricy.

damn those are $75! Thank you Clark! Will order them shortly...
mung35
Mitlov and I have the ASX's

WORD OF ADVICE! Insane hydroplane on the freeways in puddles. Otherwise, fantastic.
moe
For what it's worth, I have Hankook Ventus (K102?) they're pretty nice, and I don't remember them being that steep.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.