Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import Tuner - Longshots
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
ZLUJ

www.flickr.com/Julian_Morales
iLLuZioNz

MaTBoY
wow, these last couple are off tap (good, very good) That S2k shot is magic. the extra effort to get those details right paid off.
Leafy
MoroccanSpice

rdasphoto
An update from myself, a nice and clean R32 GT-R on some fresh XX-R's!

And one of the bike!

KillerBlackbird
My friends Supra

Mitch Hemming
Speaking of white supras whistle.gif

(sig can be removed/bigger res etc)
rdasphoto
Here are a few more shots! I will be editing a LOT of them in the next couple of days!

rdasphoto
Flickr link for High-Res or View-On-Black!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rickydasphotography/

rdasphoto
Moar Moar Moar!!

misnblu
Very nice set of pictures. cool.gif
rdasphoto
Are you talking about mine? If so, thank you VERY much!!
MaTBoY
you guys have cool backdrops around. that rolla interior is nice and simple. rx7 shot 9 is rad too.

here's a couple of my car from last night.

rdasphoto
Thank you! I love shooting in shipping/receiving yards tongue.gif

Those shots are nice! I haven't had the pleasure of shooting with a light source yet.
misnblu
QUOTE(rdasphoto @ May 19 2011, 04:44 PM) *
Are you talking about mine? If so, thank you VERY much!!

Yes.
I'm no expert like most here but the set you presented are quite enjoyable to behold and I could look at those all day.
If I can look at a picture for what is in the picture or spotlighted, that's good but if I can go deeper into the picture and see things that take me away from the subject, that is even better, and makes me come back to enjoy it many times.
Artistically presented pictures beat a snapshot all day long. thumbs_up.gif
Japan Spirit
Here are some of mine:

1/

2/

3/

4/

5/

6/

misnblu
@ Japan Spirit thumbs_up.gif
TW0R

S14 Drift. by Jordan Donnelly, on Flickr
Evolize Photography
Why are complete sets of cars being posted in this thread? Try to limit it.
Carter N
QUOTE(Evolize Photography @ May 24 2011, 05:46 AM) *
Why are complete sets of cars being posted in this thread? Try to limit it.

Errbody trying to get in the magazine dawg canadian.gif
Chin.Up
QUOTE(Carter N @ May 24 2011, 04:50 AM) *

Looks like there is a new format in Long Shots. Much harder to get in, only 1 picture per month now that includes a write up of how you composed and edited your shot.
Carter N
QUOTE(Chin.Up @ May 24 2011, 12:05 PM) *
Looks like there is a new format in Long Shots. Much harder to get in, only 1 picture per month now that includes a write up of how you composed and edited your shot.

Cool I won't bother posting here anymore lol
Evolize Photography
QUOTE(Chin.Up @ May 24 2011, 09:05 AM) *

That's awesome, about time.

The past few months there have been way to many photos getting in that shouldn't have.

And here is a couple rolling shots I've just done.

QUOTE(Carter N @ May 24 2011, 03:50 AM) *

Yeah, but I don't want to see 10 photos of the same car(s) from the exact same angles over and over. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Evolize Photography
QUOTE(Chin.Up @ May 24 2011, 09:05 AM) *

btw where did you find this out? I'd like to see.
rdasphoto
Why don't you just let whoever post whatever they want? Luke is the judge, not you. If he thinks a picture is worthy of Longshots, it is worthy. So grow up, this is a public and professional forum. Keep your insecurities to yourself.

The only reason that people (me, like you are targeting) are posting several pictures, is so that Luke has more to choose from if he thinks the person's style of work is worthy.
Evolize Photography
Good on you for taking something way out of context with no clear discrimination. I believe that you are being insecure and need to re-evaluate your reply and reconsider the way you speak to others on this message forum, as well I'd like to add that in no where on that post was your name brought forth, nor was it mentioned. I think you should reflect on what you posted and see if you can find any insinuations that will compound your statement.
Carter N
bitchfight.gif
misnblu
QUOTE(Carter N @ May 24 2011, 10:02 PM) *
bitchfight.gif

lolz

Chin.Up
QUOTE(Evolize Photography @ May 24 2011, 05:17 PM) *
btw where did you find this out? I'd like to see.

Check out the new issue that's out. William Stern got it this month.
rdasphoto
Some new pictures of my own new car! Wasn't as stoked as I'd like to be though sad.gif Didn't have any other lens than my kit lens. Another thing is that I was going to go for natural warm tones, but my other two friends who shot it too beat me to it! I will most likely be re-editing the shots, but here they are as they stand! I kind of like the tones but I'm not sure about the majority of people!

Evolize Photography

ZLUJ

Visit My FLICKR
Carter N
Great lighting and shot ^
rdasphoto
That is awesome man, absolutely amazing. A perfect picture.
lukemunnell
WOW.

Was the only thing I thought after checking back on this board after so long (I know...). Looks like we have some serious new talent on here, and everyone's stepped up their game a lot.

First thing's first: Yes, Longshots has changed. Evolize: I'm guessing Chin.up figured this out because he actually reads the mags when they come out ... which never hurts ;-) In short, since I only get one page each month to play with—and since its printed on crappy paper, with crappy ink—I figured it better to give our readers one great shot each month with a little instruction than try to stuff four good shots on there at postage-stamp sizes.

Those of you who'd rather not disclose your ultra-secret photography tips, you don't have to; others will, and very few of our readers will actually be able/willing to duplicate the techniques on the level of anyone in here. IMO there's a LOT more to creating good images than knowing a few tricks, and everyone on this thread is skilled enough that divulging a few secrets via Longshots won't be a threat to them ;-)

I'm open to your ideas for future installments of Longshots. Think there's a better way it could be taken? Let's hear it.

Now then:

Boony: your first shot of the FC3S RX-7 in Post #645 is awesome. Very clean, love the monochromatic/desaturated tones and contrast, and that flare (is it artificial?). The car's distorted in an odd way in the second shot, but it's also pretty sweet :-)

Nice panning shots in #659, SkyArt!

James Dean: Nice perspective in the rear shot of the S15 in #650. Not too crazy about the color layer in the two below it, tho ... might want to bump up the black point a bit when using some of those "light" options.

Leafy: Love the bleached-out effect in #662 (that's now your avatar)!

Rockets.: Still loving the color treatments you're applying to your images, like in #668. Reminds me a lot of what this guy does, and he's one of my favorite photographers ;-) Very cinematic feel!

ZLUJ: Where to begin.. All of your shots are awesome. Really. I'm torn between the first shots in #672, #689, and #701, but I'd definitely like to use one of them for the mag, if you're cool with divulging your lighting solution. Send me a PM and we'll talk ;-)

Nyamnyam: Great perspectives in #674! Too bad you were shooting a black car; I think something lighter would've worked perfectly. A lot of detail gets lost in the black, especially w/the increased contrast. Great job on making a parking garage look fresh, tho!

NCPhotog: Great shot of the GT-R in #679. My two criticisms: The black point in the car doesn't seem to match that of the background, giving it a superimposed feel. That, and the reflection on the glass is distracting. If you're not already doing this, tripod your cam and make several exposures with the lights in different positions, then mask in one with clearer glass ;-)

Dr. Robot:
Your S2K shots in #680 are sweet! I LOVE when cars are shot in their element, and where better for a roadster than a mountain road? Mayyyybe shoot it in a curve next time? Maybe not ... I like it either way :-) Great lighting in that profile shot!

Theo: Great moonlit effect in your first shot of #683. Love the color balancing!

Mjocoggo: Sweet #684! I love old-school stuff like that, and that setting is definitely different. Looking at your avatar pic, I'm guessing you have a whole set of this? If it's not the same one that was in SS a while back, let's talk about it for Import Tuner ;-)

Javo: Nice rig action in #686

Stan1ey: #687 is badass. The crow is such an appropriate touch for a near-dead drift car like this! Great processing, love the cool tones, and it's very important to the car guy that you kept all the detail (like the brake rotors, rad/cooling setup, seat top) visible. Great shot. Too damn bad it's a Euro and I can't use it for the mag :-(

Nice wet-road car-to-car in #724, Evolize! But no need to post it again in #732.

Which brings me to...

Bickering. Save that shit for honda-tech.com. We're all professionals on here or strive to be, and there's a lot every one of us can all learn from the other. Discussions and disagreements are encouraged (I think) but let's not let it get personal.

Also,

Please, let's refrain from posting in excess. There's no set rule, and while I do appreciate that some of you post multiple images of the same car that you may be torn between liking best, please try to be a little more discerning. If the image isn't one of your absolute favorites, or isn't on par with what everyone else is posting on here, you might want to think twice before posting it. Then again, if you're like Easton and everything you shoot turns to gold, covered in diamonds, dusted with winning ... feel free to blow our minds. :-)

If you're looking for criticism, there are other threads in here for it. Once you make use of it, though, I LOVE seeing what you can do!! :-)

Finally, without further ado: The last four months' Longshots. (Aug isn't even out yet :-x)

May '11

June '11

July '11

August '11

Carter N

Escaping the sun. by Carter N, on Flickr
ZLUJ

Twin turbo Lambo by Julian Morales.
Mrlinky

Wrx by Josh Legault, on Flickr

Evo by Josh Legault, on Flickr

Nissan GT-R by Josh Legault, on Flickr

Lexus IS-F by Josh Legault, on Flickr

Wrx by Josh Legault, on Flickr
Chin.Up

Rebellious
hey luke!!

Mrlinky
Luke!!

Drift Beast by Josh Legault, on Flickr
rdasphoto
Hey Luke! Here are a few of my favorites from the set:

Mrlinky

Tail Fin by Josh Legault, on Flickr
Kevin Stachniak
Click to view on black.
Mrlinky

180sx by Josh Legault, on Flickr
CYKdchong
javo
This one is a bit crazy from the norm but I had a blast doing this, from the image to to post!
lukemunnell
Javo, that pic is completely ridiculous and a little bit hideous. I love it! Flamur (Rebellious) great shots in #471! Rdasphoto - I like the re-edits better, but the shots themselves could be better -- keep practice-shooting that badass S14 of yours ;-)

I'm starting to get really jealous of these awesome Alberta country roads!

--Luke
Mike Boldt

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.