Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import Tuner - Longshots
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
SFurstenborg
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Sep 28 2010, 05:29 AM) *
Sebastian #1, ask (or whine) and you shall receive. Sorry for the lag...

tongue.gif
thank you!
Mrlinky
Leafy

Mrlinky
OHirtenfelder
^ Like! A lot!
Konrad Janicki
Luke what about my Eclipse shots ? when are they going to be published ?
Chin.Up
My pics now haha

lukemunnell
Konrad,

I've got one of your images coming out in the December '09 issue (our calendar issue), and the other I'm holding onto for a few months. I'll have the DEC issue Longshots JPG up in a few days :-)

Thanks again!

--Luke
lukemunnell
Nice new shots, everyone!

You know...speaking of that epic GT-R rig shot...we haven't run motion shots in a while. Let's get some motion shots goin' on in here!!

Rig, car-to-car, pan blurs, composites, etc...

Here's a small pan blur I shot for a story about the Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge in the December issue. It's kind of a new recipe for me; I'm going to try some similar shots in the near future:

Equip:

Canon EOS 5D MKII
Tokina 12-24mm f/4 ATX Pro
Cokin Z Pro filter holder
Hitech 0.6 SE, 0.6 HE graduated ND filters
ISO 100
1/45 shutter
f/6.3

Looking back, I should've PSd out that odd line shadow on the road behind the car :-/

Alright guys...put it to shame!! :-)
Seethegrim
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Oct 7 2010, 07:57 AM) *
Nice new shots, everyone!

You know...speaking of that epic GT-R rig shot...we haven't run motion shots in a while. Let's get some motion shots goin' on in here!!

Rig, car-to-car, pan blurs, composites, etc...

Here's a small pan blur I shot for a story about the Castrol Syntec Top Car Challenge in the December issue. It's kind of a new recipe for me; I'm going to try some similar shots in the near future:

Equip:

Canon EOS 5D MKII
Tokina 12-24mm f/4 ATX Pro
Cokin Z Pro filter holder
Hitech 0.6 SE, 0.6 HE graduated ND filters
ISO 100
1/45 shutter
f/6.3

Looking back, I should've PSd out that odd line shadow on the road behind the car :-/

Alright guys...put it to shame!! :-)

Ooooh, I've tried that one before too! The height gives an awesome feel to it. Only reason I havn't entered this long shots thing is cos I never shoot Jap cars. sad.gif

lukemunnell
Goddamit, Seagram!! You pwned me in, like, 10 minutes! Couldn't you have let me enjoy it for an hour or so?? ;-)

Awesome shots!! Too bad the cars aren't Japanese imports, otherwise they'd be Shot of the Month for sure. Really great. Really.

Is this a spot in SA?? I really need to come down there this year and visit some of my car/photo buds :-)

I'm going to spend the next few hours pouring over your site/blog/Flickr...expect some image requests soon! ;-)
Seethegrim
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Oct 7 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Goddamit, Seagram!! You pwned me in, like, 10 minutes! Couldn't you have let me enjoy it for an hour or so?? ;-)

Awesome shots!! Too bad the cars aren't Japanese imports, otherwise they'd be Shot of the Month for sure. Really great. Really.

Is this a spot in SA?? I really need to come down there this year and visit some of my car/photo buds :-)

I'm going to spend the next few hours pouring over your site/blog/Flickr...expect some image requests soon! ;-)

Yeah dude, you're totally welcome to come to Cape Town. Just be sure to let me know when you're here or I'll kick your ass if you don't. tongue.gif
And yeah, all my shots are in CPT. Havn't shot (cars) outside of SA yet... soon to change. smile.gif
sHIFT.rsaw
Some old rollers.

NCPhotog
got the new PDF for this months issue?
TW0R
Gabor Vasko's Evo X by Jordan Donnelly, on Flickr
Mrlinky

watermark can be removed
MoroccanSpice
All watermarks can be removed!

Rebellious
pan shot!

rolling shot:

MichaelKalbo
OHirtenfelder
Wow man, the processing on that shot is superb!!! It has soo much pop. Absolutely beautiful. I just feel that the pic is let down by composition. I think a reshoot is in order!
misnblu
Wonderful photography and I went through every page to view some of the best in the world.
Wow.
Being an Import Tuner mag reader I now know where alot of the crazy good shots came from and congratulate everyone here for their passionate effort to immortalize our cars.
I'm subscribed to this thread. cool.gif
Carter N

Justin's RX-7 preview by Carter N, on Flickr

watermark can be removed.
MichaelKalbo
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Oct 11 2010, 07:54 AM) *
Wow man, the processing on that shot is superb!!! It has soo much pop. Absolutely beautiful. I just feel that the pic is let down by composition. I think a reshoot is in order!

Thanks. Actually there wasnt must to the processing. Just tried my best to get it to look the way I saw it with my eyes that day. As far as the composition goes, yes, its not the best but it was the best I could do with the situation at hand.

Thanks.

Email sent Luke
Leafy

brasher
QUOTE(MichaelKalbo @ Oct 11 2010, 08:40 AM) *

loving this
JorDinhO
MoroccanSpice
Can't get enough of this thread. So many desktop backgrounds lol
Tony Yeung
Might as well throw in these in here too!

Carter N
I really love your work ^
Chin.Up
Instant IT material! ^
TW0R
Damn!
lukemunnell
WOW! I asked you guys to step it up a little and Cheese-and-Rice, did you!!

Rebellious: That R32 pan blur in post #572 is beautiful. Great lighting, location, awesome capture ... simple and clean. Nice work.

Michael Kalbo: I agree with everyone that the WRX shot at the quarry (?) in #573 is great. Not usually a fan of the increased-contrast/desaturation method, but you make it work. You explained to me via email that most of the process (all?) was in Lightroom ... impressive!

Misnblu: Thanks for reading 2NR!! Couldn't agree with you more ;-)

Carter N: Nice FD car-to-car in # 576. Is that Tail of the Dragon or somewhere along US 501? I'm originally an East Coaster and have driven both ... ad miss both :'-( Classic shot!

Tony Yeung: What can I say? Epic images, totally. Really, really great work! I'm really interested to know what other shots you have from this "set". I feel an awesome story brewing about that GT-R :-)

KEEP IT UP, EVERYONE!!
Konrad Janicki
not motion shots but still import smile.gif

Carter N
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Oct 19 2010, 05:08 PM) *
Carter N: Nice FD car-to-car in # 576. Is that Tail of the Dragon or somewhere along US 501? I'm originally an East Coaster and have driven both ... ad miss both :'-( Classic shot!

Thank you! It is actually in Prince William Forest Park.. It does look a lot like TotD.
Chin.Up

Caption can be removed.
sHIFT.rsaw
Hey Luke, would you so happen to have the pdf for the Dec issue? Thanks
C3Photography
Does this shot qualify ?

JorDinhO
Only Japanese cars..
iLLuZioNz
Wow this thread makes me depressed but motivates me all at once...
C3Photography
Ok this time I come with japanese rides smile.gif

Hartawan
I dont think I've posted these in this forum yet. My friend's S2K.

ULAN
New car of my good friend:

romasas
my try

Point & Shoot
Wow, this forum looks very promising..
Since other ones died out, I would def love to contribute,
and learn..

recent shot..

misnblu
Nice shot but Imports only which would include most Japanese cars for the Import Tuners magazine 'Long Shots' submissions.
Welcome to the forums too. thumbs_up.gif
Point & Shoot
Thank you sir,
in that case I will go with an oldie, nothing special either..

Mrlinky

watermark can be removed
Kevin Stachniak
OHirtenfelder
MrLinky, that has to be the sickest shot I have ever seen of a car 'just standing there'. Awesome!!!
Mrlinky
Thank you! Soooooo much!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.