Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import Tuner - Longshots
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
shim

NCPhotog
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Aug 12 2010, 02:00 PM) *
NCPhotog: Nice shots, but I'm not diggin the "Linhbergh flare" in the shot of Rado's tC. IMO, that technique works only if the artificial flare could be coming from actual sun. There's no way the sun could naturally cause that effect in a shot of a car against a grassy, banked background, taken from an elevated position with a long lens. It's already a crisp, solid shot. There's really no need to add anything extra ;-)
Desaturating the shot of the white Lexus works well, though. I'd think about skewing the image a bit to bring the bridge's stance more 'upright' and compensate for camera tilt. Cropping the left of the frame to match the right might be cool, too ... but it's cool as-is, IMO.

thanks everwhere i have posted it people have just been like sick, so cool. nothing like you did which i need.

here are three more

MichaelKalbo
lukemunnell
NC, Nice work. I like that S2 photo -- the sun is at a much more direct angle to the lens that the supplementary flare works, IMO. This isn't really the case with the RX-8, but the effect makes the image look more like a rendering than a shot -- not a bad thing, if that's what you're going for. Mind sending that one to me in high-res? ;-) luke (at) importtuner (dot) com Please be sure to also include the following: your full name, location, shot location, equipment used.

Michael, I'm not usually a fan of freeze-frame drifting shots, but with the shallow depth of field it works in this instance. Cool shot.

Shim, that first shot with the bridges overhead is awesome! Too bad the car's not a Japanese import :-/ Same with the shots of the Bentley -- i really like the treatment. Nice.
rockets.

I can get rid of the watermark obviously smile.gif
OHirtenfelder
^Wow. Nice.
MichaelKalbo
How about this one.

Boily
Gauze
abs0Lut

NJGX03X87
some exposure for a new photographer and a new breed to the import tuner world? wave.gif

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Chin.Up
A couple from recent shoots,

Rice80
TW0R

Steve Shine's IS300 by Jordan Donnelly, on Flickr
Rice80
Rice80
Evolize Photography

sHIFT.rsaw

Watermarks can be removed.
ronniej
Carl Kjellberg
Some old shots of my brothers Mitsubishi Evolution VIII (691 hp / 725 Nm)

more shots at www.carlkjellberg.se
Gauze
pardon my car

Evolize Photography

Quicksilver
guess ill try it.

Boily

Toofast
Here is a shot of my friends skyline shoot in eskilstuna sweden / hawaii smile.gif

http://iloapp.starzinfocus.com/data/_galle...&height=540

// Patrik
Daz
More of the same car can be found HERE

daniele fontanin

Boily

Mrlinky
MoroccanSpice

sHIFT.rsaw

rockets.
lukemunnell
Wow! Lots of interest in the thread lately! Keep it up everyone :-)

First off, Rice80 -- Great interior shot in post #519! Not sure if that flare is artificial or enhanced at all, but whatever you did you did it right :-) Totally digging it. Mind sending it to me in high-res? Along with your name, site/Flickr, location, and everything else about yourself you neglected to tell us and future clients in your bio. ;-) PM sent.

Nice drift shots above, Scott. What was the venue/occasion for these shots??

Guillaume -- sweet shot of the dualing EPs :-) PM sent!

Gildenmeister -- sweet Genesis. That's not the one from PA, is it?

Evolize -- That Eclipse is sick! The owner is actually buddies with a friend of mine from Vancouver whose 900+whp, white MKIII Supra we just had Josh Mackey shoot for a feature. I really want to get that Eclipse shot...I'm going to PM you, reply back with an email to me and let's stay in touch ;-) ALso, the shot in post #526, of the STI climbing the dirt access road ... if only this was a motion/rig shot!! Cool location, and you picked the proper car for it :-)

Also, the November '10 Import Tuner Longshot-ers:

In case anyone is wondering just what exactly I do at Import Tuner, I recently made a blog post about it, highlighting the November issue—and of course, I saved the best for last ;-)
www.lukemunnell.wordpress.com
Rice80
pm'd you back Luke!
That sun is all natural baby, Okanagan beautiful weather!
daniele fontanin
old shots

vjimages

Leafy

Quicksilver

Boily
Kevin Stachniak

SFurstenborg
Luke, I usually don't whine but where is the February 2010 pdf? sad.gif I've asked once here and once with PM but nothing...
spphoto.dk
Hey Luke.

Someone said, they saw my photo in this months issue of Import Tuner. But you haven't said anything or shown me the pages. I'd like to see it, and buy a copy of the magazine (I live in Denmark where it's not sold).
lukemunnell
Sebastian #2, click back to page 27 in this thread and you'll see your photo in post #537 ;-)

Sebastian #1, ask (or whine) and you shall receive. Sorry for the lag...

spphoto.dk
Sorry, I feel like a dick now tongue.gif

The picture didn't load, so I never saw it. But awesome! I'm very greatfull for this.
lukemunnell
No worries! Thanks for the awesome shot :-)
Nate047
that GTR photo is money thumbs_up.gif
NJGX03X87
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Sep 15 2010, 09:59 PM) *
Gildenmeister -- sweet Genesis. That's not the one from PA, is it?

Thanks! nope shes mine =)
OHirtenfelder
Haha. Sweet. I thought that GTR shot got lost somewhere in the process....cool to see it, especially as Shot of the month!
Seethegrim
QUOTE(OHirtenfelder @ Sep 30 2010, 01:49 AM) *
Haha. Sweet. I thought that GTR shot got lost somewhere in the process....cool to see it, especially as Shot of the month!

Ace! Now you're more internationally published than the rest of us SA plebs! tongue.gif
OHirtenfelder
Ace! Now you're more internationally published than the rest of us SA plebs!

Haha. Yeah. I was contacted the other day again by a guy who used one of my images for a book published by Cornell University, which is cool. So I have 2 international publishings (?) in a month. Yay caterday.gif Yay
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.