Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import Tuner - Longshots
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
rockets.
lukemunnell
NEED MOAR INTERIORZ!

Yo,

Updates and .pdf files of past issues are coming, I promise ;-) But for now, I'm looking to put together an "interiors" theme for the nest installment of Longshots. Chin.up (post #445 on this page) has a shot of a 96-00 Civic interior that's going in, and resident shooter Eric Tong has another. BUT I'm looking for two more, and the deadline is looming!

REQUIREMENTS:
Vehicle interior shots
must be from a Japanese vehicle
vehicle must be modified

Please post up, and spread the word :-)
BandyDesign

I never thought to submit interiors wink.gif
skwirtle
The cockpit of my buddies crx

TW0R
I know it isn't an interior, but I don't get to shoot JDM as much as I would like.

Oh, and that thing is STATIC.
rockets.

I can get rid of the Rockets. thing
Dr. Robot
Mike Boldt
Minus the lightstand in the window =P

A girl... w/ interior?

zzw3o
lukemunnell
Bandy, I'd definitely like to use that steering wheel detail on the previous page. Everyone else, thanks...but think along the lines of "off the beaten path" for this one. We're not looking for typical feature-style interior shots for Longshots, but interior shots that are different, yet still informative and aesthetically pleasing. Details, close-ups, etc are encouraged.

Thanks guys! Only another day or so until cut-off for this one.

--Luke
Dr. Robot
Leafy

Marius

skwirtle
Taken at a local car show last weekend.
rockets.
Daz
Thought I might throw a few of mine in.

Chin.Up
Mrlinky

Leafy
I've been shooting MR2's lately can you tell?

Evolize Photography
New to the forum here but I believe I know almost everybody who posts in it! Totally forgot about this place. Anyways, I'm guessing the interior portion of longshots is past due, but I'm going to throw one up anyways, as well as some rolling shots.

The lamborghini shots are done with a rig.

Thanks guys!
Mike Boldt
Dave! Remember this is for import tuner! Check your subjects..
Mrlinky
GFWilliams
Had a fun shoot of a 562bhp Impreza P1 at the weekend.

More of the set Here

George
MichaelKalbo
Chin.Up

lukemunnell
Very clean shots, Jeff, as always! I really like that front 3/4 shot (and location). What's going on under the hood of that thing?

George, that GC8 (?) is ill ... drop me message with your email and cell # and let's talk about that car for a possible feature in Import Tuner :-)

Nice shots, Evolize, especially the black Benz. Unfortunately we're a Japanese automotive mag and you managed to shoot a few awesome cars we unfortunately can't run :-/ Got anything else?

Leafy, your middle shot of the MR2 is the strongest of those three, but it's still a littttle on the light side IMO -- I dunno if I'm digging white coming through in the dirt. Cool shot tho and MR2s seem to be popular on this thread. I can think of at least three guys in Alberta who have a lock on them ;-)

Awesome shot of the NSX, Jon. I really like that treatment you use. With that car, it reminds me of this video that nearly brought me to tears: http://vimeo.com/13412780

Marius, Really diggin that front 3/4 shot of the Subie with the interior lit. Can you email it to me in high-res? ;-)

Sam, that shift console shot is really creative and clean. It's just a little too detailed for Longshots, but I like it.

Mike, your chickie's cute ;-) Are her eyes really that blue? wow.

lukemunnell
Finally!! Import Tuner Longshots back editions :-)

June '10

July '10

August '10

September '10

October '10

sHIFT.rsaw

GFWilliams
Back Editions?

They're future editions wink.gif
D4NM4C
Chin.Up
QUOTE(GFWilliams @ Aug 3 2010, 04:40 AM) *
Back Editions?

They're future editions wink.gif

Execpt for October's haha Raspberry.gif

QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Aug 2 2010, 10:04 PM) *
Very clean shots, Jeff, as always! I really like that front 3/4 shot (and location). What's going on under the hood of that thing?

Ahh I just saw this post haha, its got a Corvette LS1 engine in it.
lukemunnell
So... Are you and Raymond the same person? WTF is going on here? I swear Jeff, Raymond, Mike Boldt and Sam McCargar are all aliases... I just KNOW it!
Chin.Up
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Aug 4 2010, 01:48 AM) *
So... Are you and Raymond the same person? WTF is going on here? I swear Jeff, Raymond, Mike Boldt and Sam McCargar are all aliases... I just KNOW it!

LOL.

Ok here's how it all works.

I usually do shoots with Raymond. Jon and Sam do shoots together. And Mike is solo from Calgary.
GolfuletzStudio
Panamera 4s

Leafy
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Aug 3 2010, 01:04 AM) *
Leafy, your middle shot of the MR2 is the strongest of those three, but it's still a littttle on the light side IMO -- I dunno if I'm digging white coming through in the dirt. Cool shot tho and MR2s seem to be popular on this thread. I can think of at least three guys in Alberta who have a lock on them ;-)

Thanks for the critique!
daniele fontanin
Dr. Robot
QUOTE(Chin.Up @ Aug 4 2010, 09:35 AM) *
LOL.

Ok here's how it all works.

I usually do shoots with Raymond. Jon and Sam do shoots together. And Mike is solo from Calgary.

unfortunately jon and myself will not be shooting together for much longer as i am in the process of moving from edmonton to vancouver
rockets.
and the fact that I just don't like you anymore.
Raspberry.gif

Haha I can see why you get us mixed up though Luke
Mike Boldt
Originally shot for a feature I was asked to do for you guys, but he went with some 4 year old photos and put the car in Modified Mag

Anyway:

lukemunnell
ROFL you guys. But yea, that's awesome that someone from here is going to Vancouver. There are a ton of cars out there that we never make it up to shoot ;-)

Dr. Robot
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Aug 9 2010, 08:03 PM) *
ROFL you guys. But yea, that's awesome that someone from here is going to Vancouver. There are a ton of cars out there that we never make it up to shoot ;-)

good i was worried id have nothing to shoot once i move there biggrin.gif
nismo
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Aug 3 2010, 12:14 AM) *
October '10

I'm in there! S2K speedo!
NCPhotog
here are two pictures

skwirtle
Coolest thing, sky is natural biggrin.gif

Then a misc. shot of a tC
Konrad Janicki
lukemunnell
NCPhotog: Nice shots, but I'm not diggin the "Linhbergh flare" in the shot of Rado's tC. IMO, that technique works only if the artificial flare could be coming from actual sun. There's no way the sun could naturally cause that effect in a shot of a car against a grassy, banked background, taken from an elevated position with a long lens. It's already a crisp, solid shot. There's really no need to add anything extra ;-)
Desaturating the shot of the white Lexus works well, though. I'd think about skewing the image a bit to bring the bridge's stance more 'upright' and compensate for camera tilt. Cropping the left of the frame to match the right might be cool, too ... but it's cool as-is, IMO.

Nice shots Skwirtle. I like that natural sky ;-) But the rear shot of the 350 could've really benefited from a circular polarizer. Do you own one? They make a TON of difference in naturally lit shots, and with your camera on a tripod, you can rotate it one way to remove glare on one side of the car, shoot, then rotate it another way to remove glare on the other side, shoot again, and composite the "good" parts of each shot in Photoshop for a glare-free image ;-)

That DC2 is hot, Mike! If no one ended up running that car, gimme a hollar.

Cool rig, Daniele. .TK is for Tokelau, right? Super jealous right now :-P

Keep 'em coming guys!
Chin.Up
lukemunnell
Oh, and Konrad: I checked out your Flickr. You've got some seriously nice shots on there! Unfortunately, being "Import Tuner" we only run coverage of Japanese imports. Can you email me the high-res version of the image of the white Eclipse that's your avatar pic? I'd run that ;-)

Luke (at) importtuner (dot) com

Thanks!
Konrad Janicki
I wish I could get my hands on some imports but it's hard to get a good car for a shoot where I live
Glad you like my shots

email is on its way smile.gif
skwirtle
QUOTE(lukemunnell @ Aug 12 2010, 01:00 PM) *
Nice shots Skwirtle. I like that natural sky ;-) But the rear shot of the 350 could've really benefited from a circular polarizer. Do you own one? They make a TON of difference in naturally lit shots, and with your camera on a tripod, you can rotate it one way to remove glare on one side of the car, shoot, then rotate it another way to remove glare on the other side, shoot again, and composite the "good" parts of each shot in Photoshop for a glare-free image ;-)

I have one but not for the 50mm =/ I just got my 50mm in so I went and played with it =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.