Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import Tuner - Longshots
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
iLuveKetchup
Hartawan
Thanks Clint! My friend, who's car was in the picture that made it to the mag, bought 3 copies of Import Tuner haha. I might get another one hehe.
JustinCesler
Clint, thanks a ton for this opportunity!

I just got the new issue and see my STi was 'shot of the month'

I owe you a beer....or maybe the whole bar! Thanks again man!!

SonicZoom
aaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!
I never thought i'd complain, but we have too many good photos! lol
I feel bad not putting the images in right away, but sometimes they have to wait a few months.
Currently there are 12 shots in my "not used yet" folder.

sigh smile.gif

good work Justin wink.gif
Gotta give my southern brothers some love! (that didn't sound right)
SonicZoom
April and May '09 added!
Thanks fellas!

April 09

http://clintdavis.net/longshots/it_090400_longshots.pdf

May 09

http://clintdavis.net/longshots/it_090500_longshots.pdf
Nike SB'd
AJ's stuff is definitely improving. I just used some of his shots (I believe from that same night) for one of our pieces on styling.
SonicZoom
QUOTE(Nike SB @ Feb 13 2009, 07:48 PM) *
AJ's stuff is definitely improving. I just used some of his shots (I believe from that same night) for one of our pieces on styling.

YA I saw that, we were like WTF SS beat us to them head.gif
I'm just glad its not the same exact shot :-P
Mike Boldt
Woo I totally didn't realize I was in April's until I was scoping it while on break today at work.

Thanks Clint!
SonicZoom
QUOTE(Mike Boldt @ Feb 14 2009, 09:18 PM) *
Woo I totally didn't realize I was in April's until I was scoping it while on break today at work.

Thanks Clint!

ya ya i know finally right!
DrDevil87
You guys are giving good quality shots away for free?

Tisk Tisk...
SonicZoom
QUOTE(DrDevil87 @ Feb 16 2009, 08:15 PM) *
Tisk Tisk...

They're getting published in an international magazine, along with their name, location, and contact information.
The guidelines are very straight-foward that the entrants will not get paid. Rather I have been very generous to our winners, by including them on our short-list of feature photographers, and providing them with full-res .pdf versions of their featured photo.
Just trying to help.
Easton
Yea it's excellent exposure
spphoto.dk
Sorry about the size biggrin.gif

JustinCesler
QUOTE(DrDevil87 @ Feb 16 2009, 11:15 PM) *
Tisk Tisk...

Clint is doing a great thing for all of these guys (me included)

I see what you are saying but this isn't him (or IT) looking for free articles...It is just him helping out some really talented but 'intro' photogs.
rockets.
NCPhotog
thanks for the pdf clint, cant wait to see the mag
Boily
DrDevil87
QUOTE(SonicZoom @ Feb 16 2009, 08:44 PM) *
They're getting published in an international magazine, along with their name, location, and contact information.
The guidelines are very straight-foward that the entrants will not get paid. Rather I have been very generous to our winners, by including them on our short-list of feature photographers, and providing them with full-res .pdf versions of their featured photo.
Just trying to help.

Yeah
The Extreme sports photographer job is dying because of stuff like this
Mags dont want to pay anymore, since they can get some idiot kid to give his shots away for "exposure" or just for his fucking ego.
Compagnies pay with gear
riders give away the shots you have of them without your conscent

And were talking Big compagnies here.
Big mags

Free web usage for transworld because it gives you exposure?
Pff
Is exposure goiing to pay for my new gear?
Is exposure goiing to pay my bills?

I'm kinda saddend easton that you support this...

QUOTE(JustinCesler @ Feb 17 2009, 04:55 PM) *
Clint is doing a great thing for all of these guys (me included)

I see what you are saying but this isn't him (or IT) looking for free articles...It is just him helping out some really talented but 'intro' photogs.

I totally understand that.
I'm not saying is raping you guys.
He's just giving newcomers a chance
(altho the shot of the Redbull F1 should of been a shot that was SOLD. Not paying for a quality shot like that. PhotoG should'of submitted to a magazine specific to racing or to f1.)
BUT

If you give shots away your basicly telling that compagnie that you'd work for free. And there goiing to try it every single time.

Now I'm not saying I'm a struggaling pro getting undercut.
I'm not there yet
And I dont shoot automotive more than that (altho i'll shoot alot of races this summer)
I'm just trying to get some of you guys thinking about this.

"Great exposure"
pfff
SonicZoom
I understand where you're coming from, I first started out as a freelance photographer also. But I personally think that getting a genuine .pdf of the page, printed in an international magazine, along with your contact info is a fair trade for a photo that would normally stay dormant on a harddrive.

I admit I was very surprised to receive that Red Bull F1 photo from Andy, but if he's going to give us permission to use it, I'm sure as hell not going to turn it down. I'm not holding a gun to their heads. They know the rules that they're not getting paid, and besides the longterm rewards can pay off.

The purpose of this page is to showcase photographers. Note I'm not inking in information about the car in the photo, rather, the photographer. And as far as i know we're the only magazine that does this. Also, as many longshot winners can attest (Danny Tang, Ben Howard, Orlando Ech, Chris Wold, Linhbergh, Mike Boldt, Mike Spock to name a few) I stay in constant communication with them to do fully paid features (and we don't pay pennies)... people who I would of never heard of before.

Again I understand your concern, but I go the extra 9 yards to stay in communication with the Longshots winners. It puts a smile on my face when I'm helping out people, where I was at not too long ago.
Matt_L
^^ he is right, they bought a series of photo of mine (and not for pennies like he says). That wouldn't have happened if one of my picture wasn't selected in the longshots section. Thanks again to Clint for such a great exposure to all of us!
link
Clint's doing a great thing for these guys.
Mike Boldt
It's one page of the magazine that is freely submitted shots, not the entire mag or any of the features... They aren't selling their magazines because of the longshots page alone and they obviously aren't just looking for free photos to fill the mag. They are doing the photographers the favor and giving anyone who wants an opportunity to score some exposure and possibly future work... You need to chill out DrDevil
DrDevil87
QUOTE(SonicZoom @ Feb 19 2009, 10:40 AM) *
Again I understand your concern, but I go the extra 9 yards to stay in communication with the Longshots winners. It puts a smile on my face when I'm helping out people, where I was at not too long ago.

Well I must say you are part of the rare people who do then
Kudos to you for doiing so and Its a good thing to see too.
Like I said. I dont make a living of this at all.
I'm just voicing an opinion

QUOTE(Mike Boldt @ Feb 19 2009, 01:07 PM) *
You need to chill out DrDevil

Cant someone have an opinion anymore without knifes beeing trown at him?
Fk's sake
maciek.evo
but how wrong may the opinnins be...

anyway tongue.gif

Hartawan
Anyways.... my friend's S2K

Kinda dark but I want to share anyways

Mike Boldt
Thought I'd try my luck again

nismo
DB9
Mike, great shots! Love the s2k shot!
rockets.
mike you've already been in it 3 times, jeeze let some other guys have a chance smile.gif hahaha
Mike Boldt
QUOTE(rockets. @ Feb 28 2009, 01:59 AM) *
mike you've already been in it 3 times, jeeze let some other guys have a chance smile.gif hahaha

PFFFT No! Not 3 times!
rockets.
QUOTE(Mike Boldt @ Mar 1 2009, 01:56 AM) *
PFFFT No! Not 3 times!

sorry only 2.

smile.gif haha
Luis3rd
I've been a long time lurker and finally joined this forum DS_Naughty2.gif

Anyway, I took these a month ago...might as well give this a try.

here's 1 with my car infront.

ZondaC12
Wow, #1 is stunning...
moe
Yeah, and that's one seriously wicked looking Lancer.
diplo
fantastic, i love the effect the sun has on the red.
JustinCesler
Luis - I am loving 1 and 4.... great stuff!
SonicZoom
QUOTE(Luis3rd @ Mar 2 2009, 01:13 PM) *
I've been a long time lurker and finally joined this forum DS_Naughty2.gif

Anyway, I took these a month ago...might as well give this a try.

hey hey!
I guess the car owner already emailed me? But YES i approved of the first image, just haven't gotten a high-res of it yet to run.
gimmie gimmie smile.gif
Amazing shots, do you have a portfolio?
Luis3rd
QUOTE(SonicZoom @ Mar 3 2009, 11:18 AM) *
hey hey!
I guess the car owner already emailed me? But YES i approved of the first image, just haven't gotten a high-res of it yet to run.
gimmie gimmie smile.gif
Amazing shots, do you have a portfolio?

Pm'ing you now thumbs_up.gif
maciek.evo
link
Givin it a shot Clint....

rockets.

Another shot..
pterps
Amazing shots in this topic thumbs_up.gif

Some Skyline shots:

Rohan
Here's a couple I took of my own car while mucking around with off-camera flash.

romasas
HALO I NEW , ITS MY FIRTS POST smile.gif

:

dphan
after a photoshoot, we had some fun.
Stink

bms
WilliamStern
Here's some I did months ago...

K.Saun
damn these canadian winters, wish i had something new to submit, but hopefully in a couple of months!

EDIT: one of my recent ones that are worthy imo

OHirtenfelder
^ That GTR is a bit OTT, but the shots definitely deserve to be used. Very nice.

Here is my first Long Shots contribution:

Honda Civic Type-R Championship Edition
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.