Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 08 Impreza with Red Tailights
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
clarkma5
http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/325

It's weird how much they seem to ape the Maserati Granturismo's when they're red like that. Personally I like the clear ones a lot on the new Impreza.
moe
They actually do...not that that makes the Scooby any prettier. Well actually, just a little bit. I think the red tails definitely look better than the clear ones.
4wheelfreak
The new color really seems to emphasize the fender flares- pretty much the only element of the new body that I like.
Frederf
The new STi was one of the few cars that make clear tail lenses acceptable. Traditionally clear tail lenses have looked AWFUL on nearly every car that featured them. Personally it's a case where both options shown above are about as desirable with the red lenses being slightly better in my opinion (body color of the car has a large effect on what lens color works).

It comes down to whether you want your STi to look like a RX300 or a SAAB.
hexagone
The saab 9-3 has some pitiful tail lights if you ask me...
clarkma5
QUOTE(hexagone @ Jun 8 2008, 11:06 AM) *
The saab 9-3 has some pitiful tail lights if you ask me...

A family friend has a black sportcombi with the "ice" taillights. I like them on the black wagon, I'm hard-pressed to find them superior to the european lights on the sedan or on most other colors.
hexagone
Only because it's called 'sportcombi' makes me inclined to like it. Very european.

They just look real tacky for a sedan of its class, whereas everyone else has regular red tail lights
Synesthesia

Yes, definitely awesome.

Less awesome, the car overall looks pretty weird, but still stands out in a cool way.
mitch_f1
same? I'll let you decide:
dukenukem
The reverse light cannot be masked by any film and must be visible as white light when engaged. thats why there is a cutout.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.