Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beer
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Compare & Contrast
Uwe
That toothpaste poll was sooo incredibly gay (sorry Matt) I had to set up this one immediately. And my answer (of course!): Local Schumacher Alt.
clarkma5
If I had to pick a big brewer, it would probably be Sam Adams (unless you consider Pyramid "big"), but I'm more interested in the smaller brewers myself.
Mitlov
Oregon microbrews (specifically, the Deschutes brewery) FTW. If I must drink a mass-produced lager, it's Corona with lime.
moe
Corona with lime ftw.
Bjorn
Fort Garry, Big Rock or Sleemans for me. (all local-ish)
UserDrew
350Z
Where's the cider option?
clarkma5
QUOTE(350Z @ May 14 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Where's the cider option?

Cider is not beer, smart guy...
porschedream
I'm not a heavy drinker, maybe a glass of wine a week and the odd 6 pack of beer every odd month. I usually get Heineken because I quite enjoy it, but I also like Rickard's.
duality
I mainly drink Belgian beers...so, Leffe, Duvel, Chimay, Hoegaarden, Kwok etc. Although in Switzerland twas mainly Heineken, Carlsberg etc.

Unlike before, I drink for the pleasure of drinking..not getting wasted; my beer consumption has decreased compared to high school. Those were good times though.

Voted for InBev.
Mitlov
Having a Mirror Pond Pale Ale right now. Deschutes Brewery FTW.
McKhaos
Tuborg FTW.
dukenukem
Chimay line of beers are mighty tasty
goota
Schmitticks
aka
Smithwick's
Benny
Hockley Valley Gold drool3.gif
350Z
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ May 14 2008, 03:25 PM) *
Cider is not beer, smart guy...

Well half of these are largers and not beers and nobody complained. But I guess you don't really get much cider over there.
dukenukem
Let there be a union of cider and harp so everyone can enjoy a refreshing snakebite texas style.
Mitlov
QUOTE(350Z @ May 15 2008, 03:03 AM) *
Well half of these are largers and not beers and nobody complained. But I guess you don't really get much cider over there.

Lager and ale are both beer in my book. You seem to be using the term "beer" as I use the term "ale"...
clarkma5
Yeah, lager and ale are beers. I dunno who doesn't consider lager to be beer...
dukenukem
^^the communists.
dukenukem
In other news Westmalle Dubbel is pretty much the best fucking brew ever.
UserDrew
Ale and Lagers are both considered Beers becuase the brewing process and are both made of malts and barley while a cider is derived from some type of fruit and fermented. I don't think I've ever had any hard cider.
Vadvagool
IBC Root Beer....Only 17.
350Z
I guess I have to distinguish them due to my work more than anything else. Anyway I was more referring to the fact that I would chose cider over beer. Nothing beats a nice pint of cider over ice.
Dr. Strangelove
Uwe, Frankenheimer (if I am remembering the name right) Alt, it might be Frankenheim, the best liquid to touch my tongue. Do you know which one I am talking about? I only found it in Duesseldorf.
duality

refreshing me at 3.30 in the morning biggrin.gif
clarkma5
I've had Hoegaarden recently. It's alright but there are white ales I prefer more.
hexagone
The beer I had with Uwe in Dusseldorf was by far, the darkest and most bitter beer I had. I don't know whether that was a bad thing, but i was surprised to say the least.
Uwe
QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ May 16 2008, 02:18 AM) *
Uwe, Frankenheimer (if I am remembering the name right) Alt, it might be Frankenheim, the best liquid to touch my tongue. Do you know which one I am talking about? I only found it in Duesseldorf.

Yep, of course. Frankenheimer is a bit more sweet-ish than other Alt beers.

Hexagone, if I'm not mistaken we had Uerige Alt together which is exactly the opposite of Frankenheimer. Very bitter and you have to get used to it but then... drool3.gif

Still, my vote for Schumacher Alt stands. smile.gif
fiber optic
Newcastle Brown Ale is my prefered beer but it's a rare occasion that I actually buy it. My go-to brew is Yuengling Lager.
dukenukem
QUOTE(fiber optic @ May 16 2008, 10:17 AM) *
Newcastle Brown Ale is my prefered beer but it's a rare occasion that I actually buy it. My go-to brew is Yuengling Lager.

You have no idea how much i miss it not being sold in Texas. sad.gif
fiber optic
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 16 2008, 10:30 AM) *
You have no idea how much i miss it not being sold in Texas. sad.gif

NBA or the 'ling?

Alabama blows for good beer with our arbitrary 6% alcohol limit. rolleyes.gif
moe
I just remembered. I went to a bar with an English friend of mine some time back. He told me to try a pint of Kilkenny; probably the best damn bear I've ever had.
Dr. Strangelove
QUOTE(Uwe @ May 16 2008, 01:49 AM) *
Yep, of course. Frankenheimer is a bit more sweet-ish than other Alt beers.

Hexagone, if I'm not mistaken we had Uerige Alt together which is exactly the opposite of Frankenheimer. Very bitter and you have to get used to it but then... drool3.gif

Still, my vote for Schumacher Alt stands. smile.gif

I can't find it in the States. I want to open a biergarten out here and import that beer. I'm telling you this is a genius idea.
duality
for tonight...we have a nice selection of....

anyone tried it before?
dukenukem
Westmalle ?

QUOTE(fiber optic @ May 16 2008, 11:16 AM) *
NBA or the 'ling?

Alabama blows for good beer with our arbitrary 6% alcohol limit. rolleyes.gif

th y'ling.
When i was in DC area for 3 weeks i was on a staple diet of this liquid gold biggrin.gif
b0mb3r
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 15 2008, 08:27 AM) *
In other news Westmalle Dubbel is pretty much the best fucking brew ever.

smile.gif good choice! smile.gif Belgian beer is the best!
Uwe
QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ May 16 2008, 08:58 PM) *
I can't find it in the States. I want to open a biergarten out here and import that beer. I'm telling you this is a genius idea.

http://beergeek.stores.yahoo.net/germanbeer.html

They don't have Frankenheim but they have Uerige.

Beware of Diebels Alt. Since they've been bought by InBev their beer is terrible. Tastes like ammoniac. sick.gif
fiber optic
QUOTE(dukenukem @ May 16 2008, 05:48 PM) *
th y'ling.
When i was in DC area for 3 weeks i was on a staple diet of this liquid gold biggrin.gif

I just found 2 places in town that have it on tap. Hawt.gif
Bjorn
QUOTE(UserDrew @ May 15 2008, 02:14 PM) *
Ale and Lagers are both considered Beers becuase the brewing process and are both made of malts and barley while a cider is derived from some type of fruit and fermented. I don't think I've ever had any hard cider.

I visited a cider mill with an ex and her parents once...I bought a 2L bottle of hard cider from the company at the end of a tour.

The ex's dad and I got completely hammered that night...before I knew it I had drank the whole 2L of cider, then the dad brought out the Aquavit (Scandinavia's version of Vodka) and we got more drunk. It was the only time the ex's dad and I saw eye to eye...he went back to hating me the next day...more so even because he wasted his good booze on me.

Ah Cider...

But I much much prefer beer...If I'm drinkin' import, I tend to go for the British bitter ales, and sometimes a Guinness (yes...I know...very derivative).
infinity
My beers of choice are Smithwick's, Newcastle, Negro Modelo, Yuengling, and Abita Turbo Dog.
Lancer007
Kronenberg, Newcastle, Guinness, Stella. Tons of other ones too. There's 3-4 micros brews here in Tucson that make awesome beer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.